ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
NJ SIX FLAGS 2012 - ROUND 2 - DATES?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graf  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: NJ SIX FLAGS 2012 - ROUND 2 - DATES? Reply with quote

UPDATE:
OH! What a day. I had a lot of fun with Rickles, Brockbfball, eddaket, and HellAshes today. We rode nearly everything twice and there was only a short amount of waiting time due to the weather reports. SO MUCH FUN. I have a couple of pictures; will upload later. In the meantime, discuss the following:

Dates/Times for ROUND 2 Mr. Green

UPDATE:
I am getting ready to leave for Six Flags! I figured I would update the OP last-minute, just in case anybody who wanted to go, but wasn't part of the plan-making process knew the skinny on where to meet up. If you are coming to the park today, but won't make it until after 10:30am, feel free to text me at 609-389-0070, and be sure to tell me you're from ScoreHero! I hope to see you there!

THE MEETING PLACE IS THE BIG RABBIT AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE PARK

The rollercoaster in the picture is Superman: Ultimate Flight. The circle in the picture has the large bush with Bugs Bunny on it (you can't see Bugs in the picture). If you are getting to the park for opening, which is 10:30 AM, meet there. Otherwise, we can meet at the fountain in the middle of the park when you walk in at a later time.

UPDATE:
It's been three years. I totally fucked up the plans for last year. My bad, guys....my bad.

So! 2012! Let's plan it out Mr. Green

UPDATE:
It's been two years. It's time for an update.

It won't be cold forever. How about it? Let's re-FC Six Flags Great Adventure!

UPDATE:Win Castle and Fail Fest

Much fun was had. Many pictures were taken, and sixty White Castle burgers, two orders of fries, a large order of fries, a large order of onion rings, two large cokes, a small Vault, a large diet coke, a large sprite, and probably more was consumed at the amazing establishment that is the White Castle in Toms River, NJ.

As stated before, Fright Fest sucked. We got there at about 3pm, after stopping at WaWa (the NJ version of 7-11; it's totally better) and Dunkin' Donuts to get coupons. The first thing that sucked about Fright Fest: getting in. The coupons that say "Fright Fest" on them were expired, so drewbles and TheThirdDay could only get in for $10 off full price admission. It ended up being $85 dollars when it should have been $50 >_> When we got in, ravagetalon and HellAshes were standing in front of the blood fountain. We walked over, introduced ourselves to HellAshes and proceeded to have no clue what to try to ride first. Eventually, we decided on the Great American Scream Machine. When we got there, we waited on line for about 45 minutes and got to the stairs to get into the station; when the ride broke down. We watched a Six Flags employee slowly venture up the hundreds of stairs to the top of the chain lift, where the ride had broken down. After ten minutes, the first quote of win was uttered; not by one of us ScoreHero'ers, but an overweight black woman who was getting out of line:
Overweight Black Woman wrote:
Oh, God is tryin' to tell me somethin'. Hell no

After a little more waiting and discussion ranging from Guitar Hero to bad puns to more Guitar Hero, we left the line as well, after HellAshes concluded it could take hours for them to slowly walk down the steps of the chain lift. We ventured onward to The Golden Kingdom to look at the lines for Kingda Ka and El Toro. Kingda Ka's line was immense, and we went to El Toro, which had coincidentally just stopped working as we got there . Medusa's line had a similar fate, with the line going out over 400 feet past the waiting queue. We then went over to the other side of the park, after checking out El Toro (which had begun working again) to find that the El Toro line was quite possibly TWICE as long as Medusa's line. We then got over to Nitro and Batman, where Nitro's line was out the gates, and Batman's line was long, but not so long that we didn't want to ride.

**two hours later**

After discussing....everything from Pokemon to Guitar Hero III's timing window to ravagetalon yawning; we got to the ride. We got on, and the ride was spectacular. Maybe it was the day of fail beforehand that hyped it up, but that ride on Batman set us free:
drewbles wrote:
I JUST CAME!!!

After seeing that the line for Nitro was still immense, we tried to get MrsGraf scared by wandering down where the "scary" people are supposed to be, only passing one wayward Vampire near the blood fountain (clever). We then left the park, got some gas and traveled to Bayville, then Toms River for some White Castle co-op.

WHITE CASTLE. The taste of victory. We got there after calling a local radio station and requesting Raining Blood by Slayer. The disc jockey told MrsGraf he wold play it, and even called her, "baby" >_>

However, if they played it, we didn't hear it. We hung out for a couple minutes in front of White Castle, then gave up on the hopes of hearing Raining Blood. We walked in, and HellAshes and ravagetalon fronted a combined $40, with small donations from other members of the group. This took care of the sixty burgers we consumed. I purchased drinks and some fries and onion rings, and we were on our way to heaven. The burgers tasted delicious, the fries crisp, and the beverages cold and refreshing. This was HellAshes' first trip to White Castle in about 4 years, and I got the feeling he was glad to have it then. After about an hour of consumption, and ravagalon re-FC'ing the holocaust that is his consumption of tiny cheeseburgers, we departed; leaving HellAshes and ravagetalon with their immense trips north (HellAshes had about a 3-hour drive ahead of him, ravagetalon had nearly two hours). We dropped off TheThirdDay, who walked into a pole () and gave us the finger (for laughing at him), then dropped off ShellShocker and drewbles.

White Castle is amazing, but it couldn't satisfy the hunger for the next ScoreHero get-together. Even without those delicious tiny burgers, it was a pleasure meeting HellAshes, and it is always nice to see ravagetalon. Either way, I hope to see more of you next time!

Upcoming trips:
Ravage-fest (summer 09')
Cedar Point (summer 09')

UPDATE: The date we are currently aiming to have this on is Saturday, October 18th. If not that day, it would have to be Sunday, October 19th. However, I am 99% sure that October 18th IS the final date, as it magically works with everyone's schedules >_>

Woo!

UPDATE:
In case you missed the first two AWESOME trips to Six Flags, there will be yet another trip to Six Flags Great Adventure in the upcoming months for FRIGHT FEST, Six Flags Great Adventure's annual Halloween-themed awesomeness where as soon as the sun goes down, the ghouls come out to scare people (like Colin >_>).

Any ideas for possible dates to go? Please PM me or post here, and we will work out a date for what will probably be the LAST TRIP of the season for all of us to get-together.

I would edit the poll, but that simply isn't possible

Get pumped, the ScoreHero re-re-FC of Great Adventure is coming!

UPDATE:
AUGUST 31st, THIS SUNDAY!

Six Flags Great Adventure will get a ScoreHero redux this Sunday, when we all visit AGAIN for three immediate reasons:
1: Rollercoasters
2:Rollercoasters I mean, Guitar Hero tournament!
3: FOREIGNER concert, for FREE! Anyone wanna see Jukebox Hero, LIVE!?

Please go there, and if you are coming, call me on this CELL PHONE NUMBER:
732-279-8359

*Resized so people don't lolforget and miss out on the ScoreHero portion of everything.....COUGHHellashesCOUGH
UPDATE:

EPIC PICHA!

The trip was amazing albeit an absentee HellAshes and only 8 people making it....definitely looking forward to it again!
UPDATE:

Okay, the get-together is in 4 days, and I have some more information:

I have in my possession about 20 coupons that are "Buy 1 ticket at full price, get 1 free weekdays, or $15 off weekends". That means I have more than enough for everyone on the trip. This means that people should pair up (in sets of two, naturally) so you guys can split the price fo the one ticket that has to be paid for. In other words, each person will get in the park for around $25-$30. I think this is the best we can do as a group, with select individuals having Season Passes or coupons to get in for $14.99.

Also, some cantact information. I have a prepaid cellphone in my possession that can be used for rendezvous purposes. If your group of people aren't arriving at the park before opening (9:45-10:00am), call me when you get to the park. I will check the phone frequently, and call you back if I miss the call.

732-279-8359

I am putting all of this in the original post, for easier reference.

Hope to see you all there!

-Graf
UPDATE:

THE MEETING PLACE IS THE BIG RABBIT AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE PARK

The rollercoaster in the picture is Superman: Ultimate Flight. The circle in the picture has the large bush with Bugs Bunny on it (you can't see Bugs in the picture). If you are getting to the park for opening, and will be there around 9:45-10:00AM, meet there. Otherwise, we can meet at the fountain in the middle of the park when you walk in at a later time.

2: TheThirdDay - I can't change the poll, and it was originally set to be up for two weeks, if I remember correctly. Tickets will only be $25 if we all go as a group, and there are twelve or more of us that aren't going to use a savings coupon or voucher.

THE BEST (MOST AFFORDABLE) WAY TO DO THIS:
I will get some coupons at Wendy's. THe way they work, is if one person pays full price for admission ($55 or so after tax) another person gets in for free. If you do the math, this works out to about $27 per person. That is the best way for us all to get IN the park. As for Flash Passes, we will have to see if that will work depending on how much money everybody has once we are there. If it's an additional $50 per person for us to get Gold Flash Passes, I don't know if I am going to be a part of that, and considering most of the people that I know are broke, I am not sure if Flash Passes will be practical for our budgets

At the park, by the entrance or whatever, I will have "Hello, my name is:" tags and a Sharpie, so we can all easily identify eachother >_>

UPDATE:
HellAshes sent me a PM requesting that the date be a Monday or Thursday, so the date of the trip will be moved up to August 18th, the 3rd Monday in the month.

UPDATE:
August 15th appears to be the best day for everyone's schedules....let me know if that's no good for you, and we can try to arrange a different day, but so far that looks like the day this is gonna happen!

I have gotten plenty of good feedback on this idea, and I think it would be amazing to ride rollercoasters and eat funnel cake with some fellow ScoreHero'ers Mr. Green

I can only speak for myself, schedule-wise, but I think that sometime in early August would give us adequate time to plan this.

I started a poll so people can let me know when would be the BEST time for them to go.

As for rides, I am coming from Bayville, so I will probably have a full car save for MAYBE one seat, if Rickles, drewbles, ahballs987 and MRsGraf all decide to come. (TheThirdDay, ravagetalon, you guys are in Toms River, right? That seat could be YOURS! >_>)

THINGS TO CONSIDER:

The lines are gonna be ridiculous if we go during Fright Fest, or a weekend. So although it is not practical for EVERYONE to go on a week day, that would be best in the interest of cramming the most rides into whatever time possible.

Also, if we go early in the summer, we could plan a SECOND trip, which could take place during Fright Fest.

Discuss! This could be a great trip in the making, so let's plan it out!

Last edited by Graf on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:26 am; edited 14 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: APeX Graf
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anytime really works for me. I just need to know ahead of time. I would prefer weekdays though.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Graf  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
Anytime really works for me. I just need to know ahead of time. I would prefer weekdays though.

The infamous HellAshes, coming down to NJ for the Six Flags awesomeness?

I like it

I prefer weekdays as well, let's see how this goes...I have PM'd every NJ SH'er that I know of, and all I can do now is wait for responses

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds sick, you can drive me just i need two things:

1.) Cash
2.) Beat my fear of RollerCoasters

haha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: SIX FLAGS GREAT ADVENTURE - Get-together in NJ this summ Reply with quote

Graf wrote:

As for rides, I am coming from Bayville, so I will probably have a full car save for MAYBE one seat, if Rickles, drewbles, ahballs987 and MRsGraf all decide to come.

Count my seat as taken!
goldengoal7  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf, you my friend are amazing.

I live in Central New Jersey, about 30 minutes away from SFGA. I've got a season pass so I can pretty much go any weekday. Weekends get a bit tough for me. I could get my own ride, but wouldn't be able to bring other people. As for a date, I'd say no to a fright fest. Lines are absolutely huge. A weekday in August would be great.

Hopefully this goes down. Me wants to meet HA and Graf.
Graf  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldengoal7 wrote:

I live in Central New Jersey, about 30 minutes away from SFGA. I've got a season pass so I can pretty much go any weekday. Weekends get a bit tough for me. I could get my own ride, but wouldn't be able to bring other people. As for a date, I'd say no to a fright fest. Lines are absolutely huge. A weekday in August would be great.

Sundays are the only weekend day that I could usually go anyway, I would rather have this during the week. I too have a Season Pass (oh how glorious it is ) and I love being this close to Six Flags. Basically I can go whenever gas prices aren't toooooo fucked up

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldengoal7 wrote:

Yea, I live in Central Jersey too (Piscataway) which is about 30 mins away.... A weekend would probably be easier since i don't have to work.... But I can easily get a day off on a weekday if more people can get down to SFGA... So it pretty much comes down to what's easier for everyone else

EDIT: Mid August doesn't work well for me, as I'll be in Illinois (lolwut) for the weekend of August 9th to around the 13th.... But any other date will probably be ok.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: BreakBen
TheBigBB  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can probably only go if it's a weekend, but could possibly take off work and work Sunday instead. I'd like to make some more gamer friends around the area, as I have a horrible rhythm game addiction but not enough friends who actually play well. So it'd be a good neutral event to sort of figure out who's who.
0v3rki11  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm good after the 1st week of August, but not the week of the 18th... I'd rather prefer for it to be on a weekday, so I have something to do... and if we can figure it out, 4 of us will be coming (XxBassman666xX, Punkrocker15, SnipedYou, and myself)... but the cost for everything will be massive... Northern NJ down to Six Flags=rape on gas, 4 people into Six Flags=rape on money, etc...

Also, mandatory "Find out who's the best in NJ" tournament if enough people come

If someone can be epic and car pool (preferably from North or Central NJ, with a train station near them), that might be awesome

I still need a GH game >.<
ravagetalon  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLEASE GOD MAKE IT A TUESDAY... Or any other early weekday... as those tend to be the least crowded down there...

Edit... I can maybe carpool with 2 people if you live near or between Totowa NJ and Jackson NJ is a near vicinity to the turnpike.

My car is small and I can uncomfortably seat 3 people, myself and 2 passengers... (2door car ftl)

Gas chip in is a must...sorry...

Edit 2: Graf, I live in Northern NJ... not Toms River... lolwut...

Edit #: WTB a Mod to sticky this...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravagetalon wrote:

But I do! And If you wanna give me a ride, that would be friggin' awesome and I'd definitely go.

EDIT:

<----[See?
Graf  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravagetalon wrote:
PLEASE GOD MAKE IT A TUESDAY... Or any other early weekday... as those tend to be the least crowded down there...

Edit... I can maybe carpool with 2 people if you live near or between Totowa NJ and Jackson NJ is a near vicinity to the turnpike.

My car is small and I can uncomfortably seat 3 people, myself and 2 passengers... (2door car ftl)

Gas chip in is a must...sorry...

Edit #: WTB a Mod to sticky this...

I swear I remember seeing your location as Toms River at some point >_>

Sorry for the mix-up

TheThirdDay, I will PM you around the time that we are gonna leave. I'd be happy to drive you.

MY CAR IS FULL.

This thing is getting momentum quickly. I am glad everyone is pumped to go Mr. Green

I am thinking around August 8th-15th would be a good week to aim for. Is everyone cool with that?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So for me and a few other Northern jersey Folks want to come, but we would need it to be after the 8th of august. Were free after that though!

Also My parents would prefer if the Best of NJ Tourney was gonna happen so I'm gonna talk to some six flags people and maybe make this official. Is okay with everyone? I have set up events before I'm sure I could get something out of this. Would everyone be willing to cut some coaster time for some GH?
SnipedYou  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be awesome of you could do that Net. Just make sure we get an in sync TV!

I'll try my best to come, along with 0v3rki11, etc. I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

FC 35 songs [x] (#35 3's & 7's)
FC 40 songs [] (36)
Get a Black SG [x]

My Accomplishments:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70261
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 1 of 40

Jump to: