ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Need assistance in SP activation tilt problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Need assistance in SP activation tilt problem Reply with quote

Hi folks

I have a favorite SG I use (the original one from the GH1 release). What I loved about it was that SP activation was quite severe - in other words, you really had to TILT to get SP to kick off, which I was very happy about.

Anyhow, all of a sudden, this guitar (which is now over a year old), has two problems, which, if at all possible, I would like to rectify.

a) All of a sudden, the tilt activation is happening at the drop of a hat - a nearly imperceptible change in the guitar angle can kick off an activation, which is driving me crazy

b) the whammy bar is REALLY loose - I like my whammy bar loose, but it is just getting pretty ridiculous how floppy it is right now...

I do have a red SG which is basically brand new, and which I could switch to if the worst comes to the worst, but I far prefer the buttons/strumbar on the black SG, so was hoping I could rather be pointed to some information which would assist me in rectifying these two problems!

Thanks for any assistance you can give
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: Need assistance in SP activation tilt problem Reply with quote

Whammy Bar Fix

It'll only do so much though. If you want it even tighter, you'll likely need a new spring. You said you like it loose though, so that should be more than sufficient (I just tried it out recently on my GH1 controller and it did the trick).

Or, if you're adventurous, you can do this mod: [Link]

I'm guessing you have one of the original controllers that still has the old type of tilt sensor in it. If you don't plan on soldering anything, the best you can do is check the wires connecting the tilt sensor board to the main board, and maybe shake it or something.

Well, either way, here's how to fix your tilt sensor: [Link]

I find that unplugging the controller and plugging it back in when my tilt sensor is bugging out on me occasionally helps. Maybe it doesn't. Not sure. It can't hurt to try, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: