ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
9* and 10*
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Imterrible  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zsjostrom35 wrote:
ShadowDude27 wrote:
bballcenter7 wrote:
BNghfreak12 wrote:
If there was a 9 or 10 star, what color would the stars be?

the 9 star is purple, as is the $100 donor ranking on SH. I guess 10 stars would be silver, a la the $1000 donor star
Yes.

Also, if a 9-star is only theoretically possible in Co-op, there's no way in HELL a 10-star is possible.

In theory you could actually get as high as 11.5 stars with an 8X average multiplier. This multiplier is actually not physically possible, but with a highly contrived chart you can get arbitrarily close to it. Suppose, for example, that you have a very simplistic chart consisting of 29 single notes containing four star power phrases, followed by eight measures of rapid-strumming five-note chords at an extremely low BPM. Making up some numbers, let's say that they're 10 NPS chords at 1 BPM. This works out to 600 chords per beat, which is 2400 chords per measure in 4/4 time (if you wanted to increase the number of beats per measure, you could get even more chords under star power). This means we have 19,200 chords over those eight measures, all of which we can therefore hit under star power. Let's do some math:

Base score: (29 single notes X 50 points) + (19,200 five-note chords X 250 points) = 4,801,450

Total score (with an FC): (1X multiplier X 9 single notes X 50 points) + (2X multiplier X 10 single notes X 50 points) + (3X multiplier X 10 single notes X 50 points) + (8X multiplier X 19,200 five-note chords X 250 points) = 38,402,950

So the average multiplier is 38,402,950/4,801,450 = 7.998X, which is almost 11.5 stars.

Of course, all of this is extremely contrived. I'd be surprised if we ever see a nine-star in single player under the current system.

All those calculations were sooooo unnecessary but... the more you know *ding*

vasopressin nasal spray

Think your better than me? Click here and find out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: evan pwns you
dahabi  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zsjostrom35 had that waiting for the perfect opportunity....however as stated the seeker co-op (Lo7+Bj0rn ftw?) is all im aware of...although tom morello battle is close at 8.7 optimal i believe...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahabi wrote:
zsjostrom35 had that waiting for the perfect opportunity....however as stated the seeker co-op (Lo7+Bj0rn ftw?) is all im aware of...although tom morello battle is close at 8.7 optimal i believe...

I worked that up only when I saw the thread :P I just like math.

Even closer to nine stars is the GH2 DLC version of Frankenstein. Since it's a GH1 song played with the GH2 cutoff system, you can get a lot closer. Assuming the base scores of the two versions are the same, the best score has an average multiplier of 5.899, which works out to about 8.87 stars. It's not official, however, because the cutoffs haven't been proven for the DLC version.
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian
xslaya22x  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cnbob wrote:
Beats me?

Posts like that are pointless. It gives no answers. It does not help at all. If you don't have anything to say that will add to the conversation or answer the question... ... ... then kindly shut the fuck up.

On topic: No single player 9 or 10 stars are possible (as of now), as it would take an incredibly SP heavy or very low BPM chord fest to achieve that.

*facepalm*

I know that his post didn't really contribute anything useful, but flaming and backseat moderating isn't going to solve anything... and it will piss the mods off to no end

No 9 and 10 *'s in single player yet, as everyone has said. A song that was possible to get that kind of extended rating on would have an insane amount of SP duration... so unless they feel like getting really slap-happy with SP in a low BPM song, it's probably a no go.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: 9* and 10* Reply with quote

Soon2BeAHero wrote:
IceHockey wrote:
Are 9* or 10* possible on any songs? Ive heard its only possible on customs
beats me

Looks like you'll be a 'rocker' for a long time.

OT: I find it strange 9* is possible on The Seeker, but not TTFAF, Free Bird, etc. Any explanations?
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: 9* and 10* Reply with quote

Akumu wrote:
Soon2BeAHero wrote:
IceHockey wrote:
Are 9* or 10* possible on any songs? Ive heard its only possible on customs
beats me

Looks like you'll be a 'rocker' for a long time.

OT: I find it strange 9* is possible on The Seeker, but not TTFAF, Free Bird, etc. Any explanations?

No online co-op on GH2, and the odds of TTFAF being co-op FC'ed are slim to none (Chris+Jnukes/Shon, perhaps?)

Basically, the Seeker 9* was due to GH3 online coop being glitchy as hell. Not really "possible" so much as "glitchified."
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
IceHockey  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sure eventually a nine star will turn up (especially with the insane squeezers we have out there now ) Its all based on SP and what kinda notes are in the song, TTFAF probably has a HUGE base score

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IceHockey wrote:
Im sure eventually a nine star will turn up (especially with the insane squeezers we have out there now ) Its all based on SP and what kinda notes are in the song, TTFAF probably has a HUGE base score

It does indeed. Its base score is higher than the OPTIMAL scores for four other songs (Mississippi Queen, School's Out, Metal Heavy Lady, Radio Song).

Basically (as my example above showed), it comes down to notes per measure, the presence of chords versus single notes, and the quantity and distribution of star power. Ideally, you want a song where any section that isn't hit under star power consists almost entirely of single notes with a large number of SP phrases, and you need your star power to cover a bunch of fast chord sections at a low BPM.
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian
kmbrunskill  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No online co-op on GH2, and the odds of TTFAF being co-op FC'ed are slim to none (Chris+Jnukes/Shon, perhaps?)

Basically, the Seeker 9* was due to GH3 online coop being glitchy as hell. Not really "possible" so much as "glitchified."

Not true.

Me and my cousin recently took 1st on seeker co-op. We played on the same Wii. Used the path. Got 6.080 multiplier, 9.1 stars if on single player. 6.1 might be possible, but I highly doubt it. Would take some amazing squeezes.

No glitching.

Chris and peter (Pkovach) have the best chance of co-op FCing TTFAF at this point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: