ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
1.3 patch disables explorer?!?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebadiah  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: 1.3 patch disables explorer?!? Reply with quote

Whenever I apply the 1.3 patch for guitar hero 3 I lose support for my explorer, It just stops working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled still no effect. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the guitar as well, still nothing. I have tried using other tools like switchblade and still no luck. Under game controllers in the control panel it shows up and seems to work, it recognizes that buttons are being pressed. After installing 1.3 the guitar does not work under frets of fire as well. Any ideas?
RADEoN  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 1.3 patch disables explorer?!? Reply with quote

jebadiah wrote:
Whenever I apply the 1.3 patch for guitar hero 3 I lose support for my explorer, It just stops working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled still no effect. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the guitar as well, still nothing. I have tried using other tools like switchblade and still no luck. Under game controllers in the control panel it shows up and seems to work, it recognizes that buttons are being pressed. After installing 1.3 the guitar does not work under frets of fire as well. Any ideas?

your guitar probably shit the bed
jebadiah  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no controller is fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled gh3 with 1.1 patch works fine. I would'nt even give a crap about 1.3 but to us the GH3CP 1.32 you need the 1.3 patch installed. Is there an older version of GH3CP that only needs 1.1 patch? thanx for any help
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are the second user who has reported this. I'm going to put a warning in the Controller Compatibility guide, but please let us know if you find a way to fix it!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
RADEoN  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebadiah wrote:
no controller is fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled gh3 with 1.1 patch works fine. I would'nt even give a crap about 1.3 but to us the GH3CP 1.32 you need the 1.3 patch installed. Is there an older version of GH3CP that only needs 1.1 patch? thanx for any help

I'm assuming you're talking about the PC version, unless there's something that I'm totally unaware of, but anyway, could you install the original x-plorer controller drivers over the new ones?
Noowm  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it works with the first patch then your comp still reconizes it as a controller so use joy2key and set the buttons on the guitar to the keys on the keyboard then set up the game to respond to those keys.

BriGuy wrote:
Most other mods that I do involve using a screwdriver and a soldering gun. I have an idea for a mod for this thing that only requires a hammer.

ROFLMFAO
Stavr0  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Problems with 1.31 PC patch "Me too" Reply with quote

I patched to version 1.31 and X-Plorer no longer recognized by GH3. It shows up in the Game Controllers control panel.

RADEoN wrote:
... could you install the original x-plorer controller drivers over the new ones?
If it's a driver conflict, can some point to a HOWTO on un-installing XPlorer driver ?
Achillez  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had 1.1 and it loaded every time but I got the GH3CP and it required 1.3 so I got that and now it's saying it's detecting an emulation program? it won't even open anymore but I know my guitar works.
FC Soothsayer []
#2 Campaign - Expert
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealAchilleZ - Comment, Rate, Subscribe.
Auriscope  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Achillez wrote:
I had 1.1 and it loaded every time but I got the GH3CP and it required 1.3 so I got that and now it's saying it's detecting an emulation program? it won't even open anymore but I know my guitar works.

Some computers (mine included) do that. You need 1.31 to fix it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auriscope wrote:
Achillez wrote:

Where can I get 1.31? And if I get it will it downgrade easily?

EDIT: Alright nevermind after like 10 minutes of searching I found it! But there's good, and bad news. Good news is, it successfully patched it to 1.31 but bad news is, it STILL says "Emultation detected!" and I have no idea what to do now.
FC Soothsayer []
#2 Campaign - Expert

Last edited by Achillez on Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Auriscope  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Achillez wrote:
Auriscope wrote:
Achillez wrote:

1.31 is at www.aspyr.com, and I don't understand your other question.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auriscope wrote:
Achillez wrote:
Auriscope wrote:
Achillez wrote:

1.31 is at www.aspyr.com, and I don't understand your other question.

I made an edit to my post right after you sent this message heh...
FC Soothsayer []
#2 Campaign - Expert
decrazyo  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i suffer from the same problem. using version 1 or 1.1, the controller works fine but as soon as the 1.3 patch is installed it stops working although the controller is still recognized and responsive in the control panel. where the problem differs for me is that for a long time guitar hero 1.3 worked perfectly with the controller before unexpectedly stopping one day. the most likely reason for this problem that i could come up with is that another game that i have recently installed is interfering with guitar hero. installing certain programs have caused sounds in guitar hero to echo or lag and the xplorer controller has been known to have negative effects on other games as well. its not really a stretch to assume that installing something could interfere with the controller. I'm in the process of uninstalling my recently installed programs to see if it changes anything. i will let you know if it works.
decrazyo  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermind, i found what the problem was. i had a joystick plugged in and it was interfering with the xplorer controller. as soon as i unplugged the joystick everything worked fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: