ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DDR X?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simo2541  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: DDR X? Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I'm new here, but since I forgot all my login info from ddrfreak (from a LONG time ago) I think I'll start posting here. Apparently there is a new DDR game, called DDR X. Redisgned cabinet, usb slots (apparently, can't tell from video, but thats what my friend told me.) http://youtube.com/watch?v=v7I52PNFS00 That's the link for the video, it was fan made though. They used part of the offical trailer (all boring gameplay) and threw in some pics of the new cab. Cab looks alot like an ITG cab. Also heard there was mines? Maybe this one can be good? Even if it isn't, if there are USB slots on it it can be hacked right?
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been rumored that konami would do this ever since they got the IP for ITG. it's not going to be all that good in my opinion since they aren't using the pump design for the pads, but i'll give it a shot.
supernovamaniac  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new cabinet looks great IMO, but I am not sure if DDR is ready to use widescreen yet. (For PIU, they didn't have a widescreen mode, so it looked fat if you played on a FX machine. If DDR wants to pull it off, they also need a regular version so that the regular cabinets can display and use the cabinet arrows correctly, explained below) The USB feature is an improvement, but there is this whole ITG thing with them. I'm pretty sure that USB was used because of the aquirement of ITG but I am not 100% sure. (shock arrows are definate though)

The songlist doesn't look bad so far, but I wished more old-school songs came back because I enjoyed playing them, whether other people didn't like it or not. The whole new cabinet's arrow isn't that good since they added up and down to it, and changed how you use them. The right and left aren't used to pick the songs anymore. Rather, they are used to select the difficulty and the up and down are used to pick the songs. this will make me confusing for the rest of my life. >_>

Overall, I am hoping for quality charts that are enjoyable, not those impossible charts (some are ok to some extent, but a lot isn't). I am definately going to try this out when I can, but I just hope that this doesn't disappoint me just like SN. (IMO, Extreme>SN2>SN)

I got owned.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Wii Friend Code: 287882963981
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Dance Dance Revolution All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: