ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
UK meetups: anyone going to London Expo in May?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the way of Rock Band, what are people taking? I can probably contribute somewhat, I've got a gum-rubber drumkit which I could potentially take apart and bring...if it fits in a bag. Will need to test that. Though I'd imagine Bob is probably bringing a ton of stuff down? I've also got a pretty poor Strat that I can bring. =P

Edit: List of stuff I can bring if needed...

-RB drumset (maybe)
-RB mic
-RB Strat
-GH1/2/80's/3 for PS2
-PS2 itself
-SG

Edit 2: Would that be Barnstaple train station, BB?

Edit 3: This is unreal. It's a train journey of over 5 hours each way, and costing in the region of £70, for an overnight stay. Not sure I'll be able to manage that, it's a hell of a long way.

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's kinda what was making me hold back - it's a bloody long way, even from London. If I book the tickets now, I can do it for £32 so cost isn't so much of an issue. Whether or not those tickets will be available by the time I know whether or not I'm free, I guess that's a different matter.

Actually, thinking about it, I'd have to buy a new railcard, so there's another £20 on top of that. Starting to look a bit expensive now then.

Anyway. What's this here thing in November, my dear Mike?

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
BadgerBomber  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swifty:
Yup Barnstaple train station and money is nothing compared to having a good time with mates playing the games we love so much

I've got gum padded drums.
I've got a strat.
Got a mic.
Got a ps2 (though if your PS2 is customs then you can bring it)

People can bring sg's with them mine suck.

By the way its 5-6 places excluding myself, so there can be about 6-7 of us.

Please Check the gaming area thread, have a look at mine and have a look at what I go: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1091964#1091964

But in all honestly all I need over here is:
2 les pauls
2 Sg's (if people want to play on the ps2)
A customs PS2 (if you someone wanted to bring one)
and Bob's hard drive of DLC goodness
[/u]

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BadgerBomber
stephit  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i dont hav a lp for the 360 and u probs would not wanna play on ps3's lp anyway, haha, but i could being an sg maybe if u need 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh I don't have a PS3

Yeh bring a Sg

Once I know who is 100% comnfirmed coming, i'll send some maps out through Pm's.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BadgerBomber
ukog-monkey  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukog-monkey wrote:
I will DEFINITELY be able to go unless there is some stupid sixth form nonsense over that weekend. Ill bring my Les paul. Also my cam for some video mayhem

Sorry guys...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ti monkey75 PSN Name: MonkeyOnABike
jenkins92  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
That's kinda what was making me hold back - it's a bloody long way, even from London. If I book the tickets now, I can do it for £32 so cost isn't so much of an issue. Whether or not those tickets will be available by the time I know whether or not I'm free, I guess that's a different matter.

Actually, thinking about it, I'd have to buy a new railcard, so there's another £20 on top of that. Starting to look a bit expensive now then.

Anyway. What's this here thing in November, my dear Mike?

i35

I assume that ukog and mike will be coming, since they're getting picked up there for Germany. It's up in Stoneleigh park, theres GH3 tournaments as far as the eye can see and hundreds of computers all plugged in, with camping and a whole lot of drinking thrown in

Definitely worth a few people to come, from 31st of October til 3rd November. It costs about £30 i think. £80 if you want to bring a computer (not necessary at all, since you'll be too busy playing rock band and gh)

I really would like some SH people to come, it would suck if I was camping on my own (mikey and ukog get free accommodation ) i34 was alot of fun, lets just say I won a copy of GH3 for PC.

LOL.
BadgerBomber  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukog-monkey wrote:
ukog-monkey wrote:
I will DEFINITELY be able to go unless there is some stupid sixth form nonsense over that weekend. Ill bring my Les paul. Also my cam for some video mayhem

Sorry guys...

Me sad now!

thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadgerBomber wrote:
money is nothing compared to having a good time with mates playing the games we love so much

Now you say that, it kinda makes me think... yeah, let's go for it! I'm not bothered about money really. Either way, I still can't confirm until about this time next week. I is awkward, I know.

Actually... Bob, does your offer of a lift still stand? If so, things may be looking up for confirming before then. (Gonna ask by PM too, so whichever you see first... :P)

Also, Si, dunno about that i35 thing... I'll see what I can do innit but it might be right in the middle of a load of coursework.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
BadgerBomber  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
BadgerBomber wrote:
money is nothing compared to having a good time with mates playing the games we love so much

Now you say that, it kinda makes me think... yeah, let's go for it! I'm not bothered about money really. Either way, I still can't confirm until about this time next week. I is awkward, I know.

Actually... Bob, does your offer of a lift still stand? If so, things may be looking up for confirming before then. (Gonna ask by PM too, so whichever you see first... :P)

Also, Si, dunno about that i35 thing... I'll see what I can do innit but it might be right in the middle of a load of coursework.

Muhaha my wise words take their effect!

I think Bob's offer still applies from the looks of it, well I think. lol

thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About that i35 thing... just realised, that's a definite no. It's the same day that Fallout 3 is released so I'll be in my room, refusing to be disturbed. :P

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
b08smith  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries on the lift man, we'll arrange it through PM.

Swift - Yeh I probably will end up bringing an unholy amount of stuff so you should be all good. Really hope you can make it down mate, if money's tight we could always start a collection

BB - Guessing you were counting me as confirmed already right

Stuff I can/will bring;

360 with all DLC
RB2 (fingers crossed, come on UPS!)
Strat (switched solo buttons and fixed strummer)
Les Pauls/Xplorer
Drums (they miss alot )
Spare sticks
Mics
Mic stand?
The little TFT screen from last time
Slim PS2 (w. swap magic, got no custom discs though)
Kramer and RO wireless if I can find it.

I'm happy to chuck it all in to save anyone hassle trying to cart stuff on trains ect. Let me know.

Looks like it should be good and I will mostly be trying to avoid emarresment by not doing any score duels and getting beaten silly

BadgerBomber  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b08smith wrote:

Stuff I can/will bring;

360 with all DLC
RB2 (fingers crossed, come on UPS!)
Strat (switched solo buttons and fixed strummer)
Les Pauls
Mic stand?
The little TFT screen from last time
Slim PS2 (w. swap magic, got no custom discs though)

These things are fine to bring, I got the rest!

thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It turns out I can do London to Portsmouth and back for a tenner, so thanks to Bob and his offer of a lift, I shall be joining you.

I can bring a camera for documentation of lulz in photo and video form, I could also bring along Beautiful Katamari for a different kind of madness if anyone's interested, the demo was entertaining on a bleary-eyed Sunday at the last mini meet. Also I've got a Les Paul (the Aerosmith variety) that I can cart along if need be. I promise it's better than the one I brought to the last meet :P

I'll also be joining Bob in the 'avoiding embarrassment' thing, unless he and I decide to test out the theory that we're scarily similar in ability.

Oh yeah... what's the score with booze?

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
BadgerBomber  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camera sounds good.

haha i'm sure you and Bob can play a few games against each other then! lol

Theres quite a bit of booze here, you can have some but not in big quantities. I don't particuarly want to deal with drunk people.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 4 of 42

Jump to: