ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Scoring System FAQ (cutoff calculation explained!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ki11erC  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some interesting info here, thanks.
daffyduck73  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very helpful. was wondering how star rating was figured.
Skysore  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

errrrrrrrrrrrm....Jcirri how can you explain this?

mattyboy11  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skysore wrote:

[img]Big Picture[/img]

Sorry, but, explain what?

YouTube Account
Skysore  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattyboy11 wrote:
Skysore wrote:

[img]Big Picture[/img]

Sorry, but, explain what?

theres only 1917 notes in the song lol...it glitched and said it had 1918 go check yourself
Kyuukyuu  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does ScoreHero's 6,7,8-star rating system work?
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyuukyuu wrote:
How does ScoreHero's 6,7,8-star rating system work?

Well, we know that a 4 star is a 2.000X multiplier.
we also know that a 5 star (in gh2 and beyond) is a 2.800X multiplier.
since the difference between those is .8x, adding .8 would give us a 3.6x multiplier which is the fictional six star cutoff.
its was simpler in gh1 since it just went up by 1x multiplier.

basically we just took the formula for 4/5star cutoffs, and created artificial cutoffs based on the formula

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: awesome work Reply with quote

I really appreciate all these tips and information on song scoring but am getting confused on the whammy. If you fast whammy, i.e. move up and down really fast, or just hold it down or move up & down slowly which will give you the most points and which method will give you the best star power charge??
tma  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: awesome work Reply with quote

zerotax wrote:
I really appreciate all these tips and information on song scoring but am getting confused on the whammy. If you fast whammy, i.e. move up and down really fast, or just hold it down or move up & down slowly which will give you the most points and which method will give you the best star power charge??

The speed you whammy has zero affect on your score or your SP power gain. The games only care that you are whammying, now whether you're whammying like a maniac.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
gusmahler  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: awesome work Reply with quote

tma wrote:
zerotax wrote:

The speed you whammy has zero affect on your score or your SP power gain. The games only care that you are whammying, now whether you're whammying like a maniac.
But you have to be careful. If you whammy too slow, the GH3 engine won't recognize it as whammying. The Gh2 engine was more lenient.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GH3 scoring system/whammy formula should be added in the OP:

* Held chords are worth the same amount of points as normal held notes.

* The last 0,25 beat of every hold is removed (but does not affect score).

* The last 0.25 beat of any SP held note is not worth whammy power.

* NEW: If the song starts with slow BPM and then accelerates (ie Cliffs Of Dover), the same length (the first measure's value) will be cut at the end of every hold, giving less whammy power. And vice versa: if the song starts with fast BPM and then slows down, the same length will be cut from every hold (evidence in the last measures of Story Of My Life, the holds are very close to each other). Note that this won't give you less/more points from the hold.

* You need 7,75 beats of whammy to fill 1/4 of the SP gauge.

* In co-op you need 10,5 beats of whammy to fill 1/4 of the SP gauge.

Note: I've never seen the 4th statement mentioned anywhere, it's only speculation from myself. I need someone to confirm the theory.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)

Last edited by UndeadFil13QC on Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:

* NEW: If the song starts with slow BPM and then accelerates (ie Cliffs Of Dover), the same lenth (the first measure's value) will be cut at the end of every hold, giving less whammy power. And vice versa: if the song starts with fast BPM and then slows down, the same lenth will be cut from every hold (evidence in the last measures of Story Of My Life, the holds are very close to each other). Note that this won't give you less/more points from the hold.

Note: I've never seen the 4th statement mentioned anywhere, it's only speculation from myself. I need someone to confirm the theory.

First, you spelled LENGTH incorrectly twice in that paragraph.

Second, I'm just trying to understand your theory more than help you prove it right now. So your saying that if a passage starts with a low BPM, say 50, and there is a SP hold in there and you hit it while the BPM is still 50, then say the BPM increases to 100 during the same hold. Does this gain me or lose me whammy, and why? I think I understand it but I'll understand more if you tell me why I'm losing/gaining whammy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoorayItsMike wrote:
UndeadFil13QC wrote:

* NEW: If the song starts with slow BPM and then accelerates (ie Cliffs Of Dover), the same length (the first measure's value) will be cut at the end of every hold, giving less whammy power. And vice versa: if the song starts with fast BPM and then slows down, the same length will be cut from every hold (evidence in the last measures of Story Of My Life, the holds are very close to each other). Note that this won't give you less/more points from the hold.

First, you spelled LENGTH incorrectly twice in that paragraph.

Second, I'm just trying to understand your theory more than help you prove it right now. So your saying that if a passage starts with a low BPM, say 50, and there is a SP hold in there and you hit it while the BPM is still 50, then say the BPM increases to 100 during the same hold. Does this gain me or lose me whammy, and why? I think I understand it but I'll understand more if you tell me why I'm losing/gaining whammy.

Sorry, I suck at second language

Example: Cliffs Of Dover. The 1st holds in the 60(?) BPM section have 0,25 beat cut from them. Then the holds in the 180+ BPM sections are shorter than they should be, because they also have 0,25 beat of a 60 BPM measure cut out, instead of 0,25 beat of a 180+ BPM measure. That makes you get less whammy power in the faster sections. Not sure if you get it, but I can't explain very well

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:

Sorry, I suck at second language

Ah, I see, understandable.

UndeadFil13QC wrote:

Example: Cliffs Of Dover. The 1st holds in the 60(?) BPM section have 0,25 beat cut from them. Then the holds in the 180+ BPM sections are shorter than they should be, because they also have 0,25 beat of a 60 BPM measure cut out, instead of 0,25 beat of a 180+ BPM measure. That makes you get less whammy power in the faster sections. Not sure if you get it, but I can't explain very well

Okay, yes I've known about this for awhile, and I would say this has been proven. It is quite hard to explain though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:

I recall Debr5836 mentioning something along these lines a while ago when he was modifying spopt to work with GH3, so I think that is a confirmation for you. The engine uses the the speed of the first measure to determine the size of a note before it becomes a hold note, and presumably the end of the hold notes as well.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: