ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wireless mod question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oooshiny  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Wireless mod question Reply with quote

I have two GH guitars: one is the original SG (wired), and the other is a wireless guitar made by React:

(http://gear.ign.com/articles/750/750646p1.html)

Unfortunately, the wireless guitar sucks. The fret buttons are too far apart, and they're much harder to press down than on the SG. The only advantage it has is that it's wireless.

My question is this: Is there any way to use the wireless capability of the React guitar with the SG? I took them both apart, and I think the parts would be swap-able, but I want to change the fret buttons, which would require cutting some wires (the circuit boards under the fret buttons would have to be changed).

I guess I'm just worried that the circuit boards inside each guitar are wired differently, so that it won't work to use a circuit board for the buttons of one guitar with the main circuit board of another guitar.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks![/url]
CreemyNougat  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Octane makes an official wireless controller. I would recommend shelling out the dough for the real thing, instead of trying to juryrig a possibly inferior controller. Plus, if you mess up, you could lose BOTH controllers and still need to get a new one anyway.
If there's no way to buy a Red Octane official wireless controller, I wouldn't imagine any compatibility issues as long as you hook up the wires right. I'm sure it would be tricky business, but not impossible.
oooshiny  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I went for it, and what I've basically done is take the main circuit board out of the wireless guitar and put it into the original guitar. So far everything is working except for the fret buttons (kind of a biggie!). Although, the green button does work. But just the green button. Oh, and also, the start button only works when both the start and the select buttons are pressed. Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind, I've figured out the fret button problem. I just had the wires backwards. That's probably the problem with the start/select buttons as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: