ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Looking forward to the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Looking forward to the game. Reply with quote

The drums look pretty nice if you ask me. It's more of a drum set for game rather than a simulator.

Staff edit: This post, and the next few following are the only good responses left out of a topic that was otherwise going nowhere.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
TheTacomaster  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally pumped for Holy Wars. No other game has picked it up, and I don't know why.
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to tell you the truth GH and RB series is enough for me. i really have no interest at all in rock revolution. and if its like DDR then the songs are going to be mostly bad covers or techno songs anyway. if i am badly informed about this game then im sry, but either way i still have no interest
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
Slamo  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really got my hopes up when seeing the thread saying it comes out tomorrow then i checked and Play.com tells me this is due for release on 27/03/2009 in the uk....Gutted
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Slamo
p41  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the screenshots it looks like DDR... (just looking at the amazon.com product page)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konami did it first. Konami does it better.

It won't be as polished as RB2 or GHWT, but I can see this being a great game.

All the songs are covers, sure, but weren't a very large percentage of the tracks in GH1 and 2?

The drums are impressive looking, to say the least. Nothing could ever be as bad as the Rock Band drums so I'm excited.

I'm also very intrigued with the ability to record tracks in jam mode. In my opinion, this should have been implemented a long, long time ago.

I'm buying it. Not sure when, but this is my future set up:

1 Xbox 360
1 GHWT Game
1 RB2 Game
1 RR Game
1 GHWT Guitar
1 GH3 Les Paul
1 RR/GHWT Drumset (Both depending on compatibility)
1 Logitech Vantage Microphone

That, in my opinion, is the optimal set up.

So, that's how I see it, at the moment. Maybe Rock Revolution will be a flop, who knows? Rock Band 2 didn't bring much to the table in terms of new features (and the calibration system actually got worse), but it was still a good game. If RR can bring some new things (Jam mode!) to the genre, and force competitors to start coming up with new ideas as well, it's a win-win.
rastabot1  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to get this game.
Its on my gamefly list. They have the released date as Oct 16, so I should get it by Saturday.
The inclusion of "Spirit of Radio" and "Stone Cold Crazy" has me excited.
Covers don't bother me much.
I'll be using the Ion drums and Les Paul.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

more shapes to disappear
I'm down.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
more shapes to disappear
I'm down.

Precisely.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be playing this game because of the epic setlist. I mean, we haven't even seen Queen since they re-released Killer Queen on Guitar Hero 2. Plus, another band that hasn't made on appearance on disk since GH1, is Pantera. Walk is amazing song, and I'm verrrry excited for it. Then we have Judas Priest, Deep Purple, Wolfmother, Heart, Scorpions, Rush Twisted Sister, Cream, Jet, Motley Crue, and Foo Fighers you get tons of songs that are purely amazing. When you take all those songs and then add Holy Wars on top, it just makes it epic. I am aware of the terrible songs on the setlist (i.e. Fall Out Boy, Metallica, and Avril Lavigne), but what game has not had bad songs? It's just something that we have to get used to.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
guldan  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:
I'll be playing this game because of the epic setlist. I mean, we haven't even seen Queen since they re-released Killer Queen on Guitar Hero 2. Plus, another band that hasn't made on appearance on disk since GH1, is Pantera. Walk is amazing song, and I'm verrrry excited for it. Then we have Judas Priest, Deep Purple, Wolfmother, Heart, Scorpions, Rush Twisted Sister, Cream, Jet, Motley Crue, and Foo Fighers you get tons of songs that are purely amazing. When you take all those songs and then add Holy Wars on top, it just makes it epic. I am aware of the terrible songs on the setlist (i.e. Fall Out Boy, Metallica, and Avril Lavigne), but what game has not had bad songs? It's just something that we have to get used to.

all of this.

I am thinking that the only reason we have yet to see some of these bands/songs is because they wont give master recordings out. so it can also be a plus that its all covers, ever thought of it that way? Only down fall is that the covers can be, for lack of a better term, pure and utter shit.

ITS DEFINITELY POSSIBLE
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:
I'll be playing this game because of the epic setlist.

And let's not forget Three Days Grace!

...Please no flaming...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: