ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Strategy Guide --- Beyond 100%; Maximizing Your Score
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ortiz1193  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northtxhurricane wrote:
None of the songs you recommended are any good for me because I only have GH3.

tma wrote:
Now, here are some things to work on:

Start out with songs which don't have much or any whammy SP, such as The Metal, Sabotage, and My Name Is Jonas. I'd personally start with The Metal: the path is easy to remember, and there's only one whammy phrase and that isn't super critical (you can miss a bit of it and still make the squeeze).

Focus on strumming the starting note of your activation late and also hitting the select/back button simultaneously. Keep an eye on your meter and towards the end start hitting the notes early until it runs out. Check your score, see if you hit the squeeze. Repeat. Once you're familiar with the note that the SP will run out on you can focus on just hitting that note early.

Once you've got comfortable with The Metal, move on to Sabotage and then My Name Is Jonas. Once you've got those ones down pat you'll have mastered the basics of squeezing and can start working on songs which require some good whammy skill.

Maybe that can help.
1ofakind  

Location: San Jose, CA (More specificly, Scotts Valley but their close enough together.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I try to use select to activate during a long siereis of hammer-ons I break combo so I usually tilt
KratosAurion  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a good guide! all i really was looking for was extra tips on Squeezing but i ended up reading the whole guide :P lol Good Job

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: azndude3194
tehepichero  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

although noone has ever done it, can you get 8 and 9 star?(is it even possibe?)
Unimportant196  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tehepichero wrote:

Uh... a lot of songs have been 8-stared. And I mean A LOT. 9-stars are impossible to my knowledge, but I don't know.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unimportant196 wrote:
tehepichero wrote:

Uh... a lot of songs have been 8-stared. And I mean A LOT. 9-stars are impossible to my knowledge, but I don't know.

the only 9 star that i know of is The Seeker co-op... so yes 9 star is possible but very rare.

like if you take an orange and jab forks into either side, it's not an orange any more....it's some kind of cyborg fruit

ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bigwilly13x
Graf  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chemmajr wrote:
Unimportant196 wrote:
tehepichero wrote:

the only 9 star that i know of is The Seeker co-op... so yes 9 star is possible but very rare.

9-star is possible in Co-op in the sense that you can get a 6.0x rating. Unfortunately, the issues with co-op extended ratings are in such a way that ScoreHero isn't making extended ratings for co-op

EDIT:
JCirri wrote:
The co-op section for GH3 in Song Stats has been removed because there is no such thing as a cutoff that works all the time.

Higher scores have been achieved with lower ratings and vice versa on playthroughs of the same combinations of difficulties. Take a look at the co-op rankings for some songs and you'll quickly see examples of this all over the place. I still don't know the cause of the differences but there's more than enough proof out there that made up my mind to exclude this portion from the cutoff proof system.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does early whammying do anything in guitar hero 3? because i've heard some people say it doesnt
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatsmyageagain wrote:
Does early whammying do anything in guitar hero 3? because i've heard some people say it doesnt

No, it doesn't. At least not enough for 99.9% of people to care about. You can attempt to early whammy to ensure that you get full whammy though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to sound like a noob, but although this is great and all for beginners, can someone explain to me what the fuck a TICK is?! I ask all over the place, and never get an answer. So what exactly is a tick when referring to a SP path?

~Diesel
chemmajr  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDRDiesel wrote:
I don't mean to sound like a noob, but although this is great and all for beginners, can someone explain to me what the fuck a TICK is?! I ask all over the place, and never get an answer. So what exactly is a tick when referring to a SP path?

~Diesel

Ticks - On a sustained note, your score incrementally increases. Each incremental increase is referred to as a tick. A single tick is worth 1 point times your multiplier at the time and there are 25 ticks per beat.

Or if you click on the link in the sig above your post you will find out more.

EDIT: Also, when people are using optimal paths to get the most points out of a song, then the activations are made, if it is optimal, to end on a sustain note. And the longer the SP lasts on that sustain the more ticks you get under SP resulting in more points. But if you read the link that i pointed out or click here (same link) you will learn alot

like if you take an orange and jab forks into either side, it's not an orange any more....it's some kind of cyborg fruit

ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bigwilly13x
CyberRaiza  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, i finally know what squeezing is. anyway, this guide was very helpful, i'll definitely be able to improve my scores.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"
ChcTx  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: trip squeeze Reply with quote

i dont understand "tripple squeeze"? can anyone help?
chemmajr  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: trip squeeze Reply with quote

ChcTx wrote:
i dont understand "tripple squeeze"? can anyone help?

A triple squeeze is when you hit the first note the star power section really late while still getting that note in the SP and hitting 2 notes at the end of the SP that normally wouldnt have been able to be hit if you werent extremely late hitting the first note of the passage. This probably didnt make much sense but in other words, it is getting three extra notes in a SP use by abusing the timing window that normally wouldnt not be possible.

If you want more information about squeezing, try this topic. It has everything about squeezing that you could possibly imagine.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
rkcr  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guide has been moved to the Scorehero wiki, and can now be found here. Please continue further discussion and work there.

For more information on why this guide was moved to the Scorehero wiki, please read this thread.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: