ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Screw GameStop, my local one...(a lil less angry)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shananagans4  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Screw GameStop, my local one...(a lil less angry) Reply with quote

mods just give this the good ol' lock, since some users dont know how to post correctly by reading the entire OP first.

Last edited by shananagans4 on Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:14 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: shananagans4
Erimgard  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, my mall's gamestop has already lost my business, but not for this reason. They always do a midnight launch for the big stuff, and it always ends after the mall closes. Funds must be tight if they're not going to do it for ghwt, I bet the management knows that the move would garner this exact reaction.

So don't blame Gamestop, blame the econosplosion :p

But seriously. As soon as Play & Trade moved into town I stopped going to gamestop. If you've got one in your area, check it out. The one here (and I'm pretty sure it's corporate policy) lets you try out games before you buy them in units (full units! not demos!) set up right in the store, they host tourneys, and generally don't feel like you're going to gamer Wal-Mart when you walk in.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Erimgard Wii Friend Code: 390958806486
Injected11  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just a game, and they were going to give it to you EARLY. Now you are getting it when you should be getting it. GameStops piss people off all the time. Malls piss people off all the time. Don't need a thread every time it happens.

I lol'd at the "worst new i could've possibly recieved" bit.
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, that is fucking lame! How dare they make you wait ten more hours to get your game! Bullshit!

Do you realize how much you're overreacting? I mean come on, you're still getting it on release day. There are some of us (like myself) who'll have several days/weeks, and even more who may not even have the money for the game yet. Be glad you're getting the game as early as you are.
Bazz  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm... Lol band name is what your worried about I thought it was like they sold your kit or don't have enough. I am sure you'll live somehow Gamestop sucks in general to me.
shananagans4  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PieGuy wrote:
You're right, that is fucking lame! How dare they make you wait ten more hours to get your game! Bullshit!

Do you realize how much you're overreacting? I mean come on, you're still getting it on release day. There are some of us (like myself) who'll have several days/weeks, and even more who may not even have the money for the game yet. Be glad you're getting the game as early as you are.

sorry i earned the money to buy the game and pre-ordered back in June to garuntee me a bundle on launch(which it still does)

im sorry for getting excited about Guitar Hero seeing as though this is a fansite and all

im sorry you are terrible at using sarcasm, its not appreciated at all btw.

your post was completely unnecessary and a buzzkill at that. also i wanna be able to get my band name that i want without having to add numbers or some bs to it. im sorry that its a big deal to me because i really enjoy playing guitar hero and the fact that i recieved a call from gamestop reminding me about the midnight line then a call 45 mins later saying they arent doing a midnight line anymore doing to some bullshit pisses me off.

toodles
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: shananagans4
Mack31  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to change the subject, but when you say "I won't get my band name..." are you saying that online band names are like gamertags? How is that exactly going to work?
shananagans4  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Injected11 wrote:
It's just a game, and they were going to give it to you EARLY. .

they were going to give it to me early? i believe 12:01am 10-26-08 is the actual release date so i wouldnt be getting it any earlier than im suppose to.

the point i was trying to get from this was to see if anyone elses gamestop cancelled their midnight line
Snow-Bunny  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamestop lost my business years ago when they kept handing me unsealed games and telling me I cannot return a opened product and I asked well why are you giving me opened games? And the manager replied "because we recieve them that way" Which is total BS. I have a friend who works at Gamestop also who pretty much said they take the games home play them and bring them back and sell them as new titles and Gamestop also sells used titles as new depending on how old the game is. My last game purchased off them was GH3 and the les paul had finger prints all over it and the batteries already installed, I opened it in the store and told the manager right out I want a new game not some used junk you had laying around. I think they are the most pathetic retail chain going and pirate more than they sell not to mention fraud you by selling you used titles as new.
Twitter me @ ParkCityBunny
Injected11  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shananagans4 wrote:
Injected11 wrote:

they were going to give it to me early? i believe 12:01am 10-26-08 is the actual release date so i wouldnt be getting it any earlier than im suppose to.

the point i was trying to get from this was to see if anyone elses gamestop cancelled their midnight line

GameStops are not normally open at midnight. Release date doesn't matter if the store isn't open. You were going to be getting it early.
shananagans4  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Injected11 wrote:
shananagans4 wrote:
Injected11 wrote:

GameStops are not normally open at midnight. Release date doesn't matter if the store isn't open. You were going to be getting it early.

no actually, they had midnight lines for halo 3 and gh3. both were released at 12:01am. so just explain how i would be getting it early(not trying to argue, just trying to see if i actually can get it earlier somehow)
Injected11  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought my last post was pretty self-explanatory...

Is GameStop open past midnight every single day they are open? No. This was a special event, where you were being given the game hours before the store would normally be opening.
shananagans4  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Injected11 wrote:
Thought my last post was pretty self-explanatory...

Is GameStop open past midnight every single day they are open? No. This was a special event, where you were being given the game hours before the store would normally be opening.

technically thats not getting the game early, but i know what you mean.
doubleornothin  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly shananagans, cry more.
OH NO, I have to wait a few more hours?

Its not that bad.
You can't really complain about them making you wait until the store opens. thats just silly
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuck GameStop, my local one....... Reply with quote

shananagans4 wrote:
there is no way i am going to be able to get my band name on time. I AM SO PISSED ARGH!!!!!!!

Unless you plan on taking a bland, unoriginal name like Dethklok, Metallica, or anything like that, I doubt someones gonna take it within the 8 or 9 extra hours you have to wait.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: