ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Was anyone else expecting worse covers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JODIsBack  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sluggo wrote:
A few of the covers seemed OK, like the aforementioned Metallica, but many of them are just brutal. Stone Cold Crazy? Ouch. Poor Freddie Mercury. And why does the guy singing We're Not Gonna Take sound like he has an english accent?

well, the game WAS developed in england

Last edited by JODIsBack on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JODIsBack wrote:
sluggo wrote:
A few of the covers seemed OK, like the aforementioned Metallica, but many of them are just brutal. Stone Cold Crazy? Ouch. Poor Freddie Mercury. And why does the guy singing We're Not Gonna Take sound like he has an english accent?

well, the game WAS developed in england

It was? Didn't even know that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Spirit of Radio had a much better vocals cover than Harmonix was putting out in their covers. Of course, that didn't help the charting of the song. >_> But definitely a great cover as far as the music itself goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
criztafor  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LyokoFreaks wrote:
The Spirit of Radio had a much better vocals cover than Harmonix was putting out in their covers. Of course, that didn't help the charting of the song. >_> But definitely a great cover as far as the music itself goes.

Actually, the charting of that song was prety accurate, on a real guitar you would play
Code:
Intro
e|-2p0-----5p0-----|-2p0-----4p2-------|   -----------------------
B|-----3p0-----3p0-|-----3p0----3p0----|   -----------------------
G|-----------------|-------------------|   -----------------------
D|-----------------|-------------------|   --4-4p2p0--------------
A|-----------------|-------------------|   -----------4p2p0-------
E|-----------------|-------------------|   -----------------------
              repeats 9 times   

so they could have charted it like they did, have you pull off to open, or pull off to green after every note. Any of the three would work, and since rythm games are targeted toward casual gamers; they probably made the right decision, because even though you, I, and everyone else on this board (probably) wishes they chose one of the other two, konami probably saw the complaints that surfaced over TtFaF and decided to avoid the headach that would have been certain to follow. Now, if you were refering to another part, let me know and I'll see if that makes sence or if they grabed it out of the blue.

Also, I was impressed with the cover qualities overall; expecially when the singer was able to realize that they couldn't recreate the singers voice and decided to sing the part well instead of butchering the quality of the cover. For example, Run to the Hills was a much better cover than anyone will ever give it credit, because instead of trying (and failing) to be Bruce Dickinson he let his vocal chords do what was natraul and that probably saved the cover. Now, if you look at RB's NotB or GH2's The Trooper; you'll see that the cover singers ruined the cover by trying to hard to be Bruce Dickinson. The purpose of a cover should be to bring you back to a song and (I can't stress this enough) maintain the musical integrity!

Love, peace, & chicken grease!
That is all.
Glovesave74  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard quite a few songs and all of them sounded pretty bad to me. This game doesn't seem good at all.
RhythmBastard  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the songs THEMSELVES, but I don't know if I want to pick it up just yet.

I've seen some YouTube videos of gameplay, and it sounds OK. Not "Wait, that was a cover?" good, but not "Amateur Night" bad.

It does look like a VERY worthy rental.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: DtotheG88
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: