Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Nyko

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonforce554  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Nyko Reply with quote

The Nyko Frontman wireless controller is completely awesome!! It just feels much better than the SG. Hammer-ons and pull-offs are much more easier with it and it is in my favorite body style, Gibson Explorer!! If you have not seen it here is a pic.
Slazer  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh...yea it's awesome. i have the wireless flying V and it's pretty damn cool too

<-- add this to your sig!!
Kegermann  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slazer wrote:
meh...yea it's awesome. i have the wireless flying V and it's pretty damn cool too

I hate those Tac V's so much.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: MKegermann PSN Name: Kegermann
FallenSeraph  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Nyko Reply with quote

dragonforce554 wrote:
The Nyko Frontman wireless controller is completely awesome!! It just feels much better than the SG. Hammer-ons and pull-offs are much more easier with it and it is in my favorite body style, Gibson Explorer!! If you have not seen it here is a pic.

ya i like mine too, the fret buttons feel more solid and sliding my hand up or down to get to greens and oranges is much easier with the rounded buttons.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FallenSeraph214
BreakManX  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys sure we're all using the same controller? What difficulty are you guys playing on?

I just purchased a Frontman yesterday, and I don't understand how it's easier to play with. Yeah, it looks awesome, and I love the redesigned strum bar. But IMO, the fret buttons and the neck of the controller itself make play a bit harder. Not much, but a bit.

My main complaint is that the buttons don't protrude as far as any of the SGs. This may seem like plain bitching, but I tested my Frontman out on Hangar 18 yesterday, and sliding your fingers between frets can now be very painful. The buttons go almost as far in as the RO Wireless' do, and the plastic horizontal ridges between the buttons (correct terminology fails me) are molded higher than those on the SGs, meaning that my fingers were loosing feeling after only a few playthroughs.

Also, the neck is noticably wider than the SG's neck, and that probably contributes to my loss of accuracy as well.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a very cool controller and I intend to use it, but without modification it'll never be a contender to my Cherry SG.
Slazer  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kegermann wrote:
Slazer wrote:

I hate those Tac V's so much.

why? it works alot better than the SG for me...

<-- add this to your sig!!
oniman  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id rather stick with my blue redoctane sg
dragonforce554  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BreakManX wrote:
Are you guys sure we're all using the same controller? What difficulty are you guys playing on?

I just purchased a Frontman yesterday, and I don't understand how it's easier to play with. Yeah, it looks awesome, and I love the redesigned strum bar. But IMO, the fret buttons and the neck of the controller itself make play a bit harder. Not much, but a bit.

My main complaint is that the buttons don't protrude as far as any of the SGs. This may seem like plain bitching, but I tested my Frontman out on Hangar 18 yesterday, and sliding your fingers between frets can now be very painful. The buttons go almost as far in as the RO Wireless' do, and the plastic horizontal ridges between the buttons (correct terminology fails me) are molded higher than those on the SGs, meaning that my fingers were loosing feeling after only a few playthroughs.

Also, the neck is noticably wider than the SG's neck, and that probably contributes to my loss of accuracy as well.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a very cool controller and I intend to use it, but without modification it'll never be a contender to my Cherry SG.

well it does take some time to get used to..Im a guitar player so it doesnt bother me stretching my fingers.
DarkHelmet543  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the Frontman's Strum bar and button placement (Select, Start). Other than that, it is nice.

I still prefer my GH1 SG.
giprok007  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was skeptical at first. I didn't even want to buy this originally, because of the third party status. The irony is that EB games had one of each of the wireless guitars. The NYKO and the red octane controller. the guys @ the store talked me into the red octane. Got it home, worked like crap,packed it back up and it went back. They told me it would be a few days til they got another or i could try the NYKO. Took a chance on the NYKO, tried it, loved it, customized it with a new paint job! (and I,m a picky SOB)

I'm a rookie here and need help uploading some images of the guitar.
giprok007  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind, I figured it out! let me know what you guys think.

ArtesEscuras  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool guitar above this message <_< Anyway, I don't really like the Nyko guitar. I guess it's because I'm just so used to my original SG controller. The TAC controllers are pretty cool. I really want the TAC Flying-V with the "solo" buttons at the bottom of the neck. Now that's kick-butt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: