ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Both wired and wireless????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr.goodbytes  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Both wired and wireless???? Reply with quote

I have The Hammer Wireless Guitar from Psyclone Gamer. I also have a bad habit of misplacing the receiver. I will attempt to combine my wireless guitar with a wired controller so it is wired and wireless and adding switches to switch between the modes. I have most of it already planned out. I just need to know If it would be better to use a PS2 controller or a PS1 controller? Any other help would be greatly appreciated.
FallenSeraph  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but whats the point in having a wireless guitar with a huge cord hanging out of it?

and why don't you just leave the reciever next to your ps2 or something? you could even make a little slot on the guitar to put the reciever in if you want to mod your guitar.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FallenSeraph214
mr.goodbytes  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be able to unplug the cord at the ps2 and the body of the guitar... as i said, i have most of it planned out. I lose the receiver a lot because i take it with me when i play at a friends house. I also want to do this because the batteries seem to die when i am flatass broke.
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr.goodbytes wrote:
I will be able to unplug the cord at the ps2 and the body of the guitar... as i said, i have most of it planned out. I lose the receiver a lot because i take it with me when i play at a friends house. I also want to do this because the batteries seem to die when i am flatass broke.

If I'm not mistaken, there's 7 wires for the ps2, so using a RJ45 would be perfect for the job.

And trust me, I know ALL About projects not getting done to lack of money. Just ask anyone on the scorehero IRC chat about my many ideas that just won't get done yet, starting with converting my Xybots arcade machine into a MAME Machine/ps2 machine. Don't worry, its all planned out, nothing original will get ruined, just taken out and making a new control panel for the cabinet.
mr.goodbytes  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help but i have an old controller extension thingie that I'm going to use .
FBMrider86  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't the Nyko Frontman wireless X-Plorer controllers able to charge with a USB cable? I realize this doesn't really help your cause, but I haven't been to an EB Games lately to check.

Custom Guitar Paint Jobs (Submit Yours!)
Proud supporter of EWiggen's Grilled Cheese and GH Combo
socrstopr wrote:
This thread is very disturburbing. Also terrible.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Head0nFire86
mr.goodbytes  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I'm scrapping the project for now. I got the fret buttons all wired up and while testing it I noticed a MAJOR lag in it. It may be the crappy soldering job i did or something with the ps1 controller itself. I'm not sure what the problem is but I'm too lazy to fix it. I may retry later though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: