ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Playing Habits, Time Spent, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master-Tesuch  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play about 1-2 hours on school days, if I play at all. On weekends/holidays it can be as much as 6 hours, but only if I locking in on a certain FC/high score. *TTFAF 800k cough cough*

As far as habits, I sometimes do reverse Mosh 1 before songs, i.e. uwards quads, but lately I've taken to anchoring green and playing descending OBY and then BYR, back and forth inbetween songs.

<----- One of the hardest banners to earn on ScoreHero!!! The story is pretty good anyway, go ahead, give it a try!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Master Tesuch
bostonfreak111  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minamongoose wrote:
I play about 2 hours a day, if I can. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but I have to play at least one song a day.

as for FCing, I'll try if it's a song I like.
and I restart if I miss a really easy note that I should have hit, one of those "How did I miss that?!" you know? It just makes me mad so I start over. And sometimes, I'm just not focusing at the beginning of the song and I screw it up, in which case I will also restart.

I feel the same way it's just so annoying to miss a random note

Edit: to the post above me ( idk how to have two quotes in the same post) I do the same thing when I'm not doing mosh 1 I either do it reverse or anchor green and oby byr
Master-Tesuch  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bostonfreak111 wrote:
minamongoose wrote:
I play about 2 hours a day, if I can. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but I have to play at least one song a day.

as for FCing, I'll try if it's a song I like.
and I restart if I miss a really easy note that I should have hit, one of those "How did I miss that?!" you know? It just makes me mad so I start over. And sometimes, I'm just not focusing at the beginning of the song and I screw it up, in which case I will also restart.

I feel the same way it's just so annoying to miss a random note

Edit: to the post above me ( idk how to have two quotes in the same post) I do the same thing when I'm not doing mosh 1 I either do it reverse or anchor green and oby byr

I don't know if there is a special way to have multiple quotes, but if there are just two, I click "Reply with Quote", copy what pops up in the box, hit "Back" on your internet browser, click "reply with quote" on the other post, and paste the copied quote below what shows up in the second post. Type what you want inbetween. Or you could just open a second browser, if there are alot of posts. Then go to the same thread, quote and copy to the first browser window, rinse and repeat. I'm not that good with computers, there's probably a better way, but whatev.

<----- One of the hardest banners to earn on ScoreHero!!! The story is pretty good anyway, go ahead, give it a try!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Master Tesuch
Majestic122  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I play, I usually play about an hour. A habit of mine is to fret Mosh 1 in parts where there's no notes (like others), but this habit has gone past GH to the point where I do it at random moments when I'm at school.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I feel odd after reading this thread.

I don't play everyday. I don't even play every week O_O

Usually, most of my play time in Guitar Hero/Rock Band is when I have friends over, and we are PFO'ing. Unless I have a specific goal that I feel motivated to go for, I usually don't play when no one else is around. Sometimes I go weeks or months without playing, especially if no one comes over >_>

I should really play more

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably average an hour a day, but it comes in bunches. I won't play for 2 days then play for 3 hours or something.

As far as habits, I don't have a ton of patience for FCing songs and I can only stomach 4-5 good runs through a song before I move onto something else if I don't get it. I like feeling like I'm getting better at the game, so running through Schism a billion times because the song lulls me to sleep isn't my cup of tea. I would much rather bomb hard sections then fret wrong in a really slow boring song. Sadly though, I'm addicted to those shiny green 100%'s which can lead to some frustrations.

I don't care for practice mode too much, but will use it to get down sections if I'm REALLY trying to FC something a la RYLAH solo 3, which I've only hit in real runs after missing in solo 2 .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else fret the Red Snake or Twin Solo Desending triplets right before a song? The frets just sound cool, so I do that sometimes...

I also tap triplets during breaks in songs, but I just weird....

Pas26  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These day I can play up to 8 hours at this game, but it's only because I have a bronchitis and I'm not going anywhere.

During school day I play about 1 1/2 hours, 4-6 on weekends when I'm home.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some weird bad habits.. When I don't play I feel perfectly fine, but as soon as I select a song my whole face begins to itch which means that everytime there is a break in a song I scratch my face

Besides that I NEVER blink when the fretboard is running on the screen, I'm just too concentrated So sometimes I also scratch my eyes when there is time enough..
jamesw  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master-Tesuch wrote:
Anyone else fret the Red Snake or Twin Solo Desending triplets right before a song? The frets just sound cool, so I do that sometimes...

I also tap triplets during breaks in songs, but I just weird....

Hahahaha I do that exactly with the red snake. Whenever I do that though, it presses back really quick and sometimes it cause some inconveniant wastes of time lol.

Harmonix games are just too good not to play them for 8 years. Officially back in action.
PraxisDream  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bostonfreak111 wrote:
Exxucus wrote:
Oh let's see....

I spend about an hour and a half playing GH, if at all, on an average day. Let's see... habits... well, whenever there's nothing going on on the screen, I'll start fretting Mosh 1, and when I set a goal, I freaking go at it. I spent like a month playing KoC over and over again to get 400K (Which I did get), when I hadn't even 5*'d Barracuda.

LOL I do the exact same thing when it's loading or the song hasn't started I'll start fretting moash 1
I do that too.. like before a song starts I'll tap the intro to ttfaf to warm up my fingers.

...But in regards to your question, I spend about 1-2 hours a day playing GH. Rock Band is a whole other story, though. >_>
SkaterGamer  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i play every other day recently for as long as possible........half hour then my gf gets pissy with me

i trill at the start of each song shifting up and down the frets.

im 22, can people start stating their age? im curious
50 Songs Gold Starred [X]
FC GH:Aerosmith [ ]

Check out my GH vids on Utube
http://www.youtube.com/user/Kingpin0072001uk
Me breaking my arm is also on there.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Skatergamer0209
Unpur3  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes fret mosh 1, wierd how everyone does that
If it's not mosh 1 I just flail randomly or trill.

I usually play like an hour or so everyday, but I've been playing quite a lot recently (like 3 hours a day or something) trying to get top 100 for GH3H PS2, aswell as about 40+ FCs.
thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, currently a maximum of a couple of hours per week, spent playing Rock Band at a friend's house. Before I quit the game, I spent maybe an hour max per day, though I didn't play every day, often taking short breaks.

As for habits, I just played random patterns:

(Yeah, everybody does Mosh 1 <_<)

etc.

repeating over and over. This was usually done tapping, holding down the green fret, with a 12211 fingering, as fast as I possibly could.

Other than that, I didn't really have any quirks. Sometimes I tried to strum as late as I possibly could right at the end of a song before the fretboard disappeared. :P

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: