ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Difficulty of Schism?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeoilvia  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Difficulty of Schism? Reply with quote

How hard is Schism for you guys? (Expert Guitar) I think it's pretty easy, but I just got to wonder because I just played it my second time and I think I missed like 3 notes, but my rank on the PS3 leaderboards was still like 176 or something. So is it really that hard? Or do people think the song is too boring to play? Personally it's one of my favourite songs
appleyard46  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boring and a pain. My hand gets tired of ascending scales REAL fast on this song.
lordvader178  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song can go to hell. It's so long and boring, no Tool song should have been put in the game, especially this one.

Box2  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

extremely boring on guitar/not fun to play

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Pet the Possum
sedron  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... I liked playing this song. A lot of people, however, don't feel the same way. Not only do a lot of people not like playing the song, but it is also and extremely easy song to choke on. I'm sure a lot of people (like me,) could easily get a 1200+ note streak on the song, screw up, and say "agh, screw this," and quit the song. This may explain your ranking on the song.
Kyuukyuu  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, the Tool songs are generally all pretty easy, it's just the choke factor and the "HOLY SHIT I CHOKED AT THE END AND THIS SONG IS 7 MINUTES LONG" factor that make it slightly difficult :P. But yep generally easy stuff. Vicarious is kinda hard toward the end though.
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah schism is ridiculously easy... but it did take me about half an hour to fc it... due to a couple 5 minute+ chokes... but hey, it was all worth it for my 6th place on 360

but yeah it's a long, boring song (although it is fun for half of it) and not many people want to suffer for that fc, i guess
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
iceefudgesickle  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordvader178 wrote:
This song can go to hell. It's so long and boring, no Tool song should have been put in the game, especially this one.

Glad I'm not the only one to think this way. The songs are pretty good if you just listen to them, but they aren't fun on either guitar or bass, and nothing is good on vocals on World Tour, so even if they are fun on drums (haven't tried them on that yet), that's still only one of four instruments.
Mogwai  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know...

I'm 19.. And I remember when I was really little.. My older sister (10 years older, infact) was into Tool.. I've always remembered thinking that since she was into them, they must have been really good and really cool... Though, I never really took any time to pay much attention to them.

I heard they'd be in GH.. And I was like "Alright, cool"

A portion of the last 10 years of my life have been an out and out lie >.<'...

Tool fucking sucks in my opinion (no offense to Tool fans). I couldn't believe how boring all the Tool songs were. Some of them just felt like a 4-ish minute intro..

And Schism is no exception. I hardly EVER play this song. I do admit though.. I don't understand it all. Apparently people find an FC really easy for this song.. Now I've been FCing the hell out of GHWT in the past few days (just got it for 360, pay no attention to my PS2 scores.. 360 isn't updated, either).. And I've been progressing with my skill at a crazy rate.. So much that my goal is to FC like 95% of this game (really.. I'll never get Satch Boogie or Hot For Teacher... '_-).. I'm really close (-4 because fucking solo) to a Scream Aim Fire FC.. But FUCK, I've tried this song maybe.. Five-Six times in a row a little while back and couldn't FC it.. I kept fucking up towards the end on easy stuff..

IhateitIhateitIhateit. It IS a pretty tough FC I think.. But eh, it seems to be one of those songs everyone gets easily while I have a problem with it (I.E Monkey Wrench in GHII and Even Flow in GHIII).. I'll get it sometime.
Check out some of my guides:
Guide To Rasing SH Score Rank - http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73482&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
I try to make electronic music: Http://www.myspace.com/soundteq
Almost 60 GH5 XFCs
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think vicarious is the only fun one. They are all good songs, but in gh even vicarious is an odd fit. They are hard to fc because that long in a song... it's hard to not miss any notes. But they are all definitly fc'able to the determined tool / fc fan.

idk many tool songs, but I'm betting, just like dream theater, they have songs that would have been good, but neversoft picked the shitty ones...

edit: rank 50+ on psn is prolly the break to where real expert playing begins. If you want a rough comparison to 360, multiply your rank by 10 and you'll get about where you'd be on 360 leaderboards.

I play on psn and can pretty easily get top 5 on most songs, it's not b/c I'm god, but because there are only a few players on psn that can score there <_< even the "good" players like elmatadore sinley, mick online, ect aren't even that great at squeezing <_<

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I check, i compared my scores from my 360 to where id rank on the ps3, and i'd have fallen in 2nd place. and I'm only barely in the top 100 on the 360, so yeah! I should have gotten PS3........... no ... no I am really glad I didn't.
50 Songs Gold Starred [X]
FC GH:Aerosmith [ ]

Check out my GH vids on Utube
http://www.youtube.com/user/Kingpin0072001uk
Me breaking my arm is also on there.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Skatergamer0209
Sabin83  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Tool, but I don't like playing Tool songs in GH. Especially these ones. I died a little inside when I saw Schism on the playlist. It was probably the worst song they could have picked. 46 + 2 would have been much more fun for all instruments involved.

On topic, I have had 4 runs where I fell asleep about 5 minutes into the song around 1100 notes and hit the wrong fret, and one run where I overstrummed on the semi-quick greens at 1200 notes. (That equates to about 30 minutes of playing time). Can I FC this? Yes. Is it worth it? Eh, that's probably why your rank is so high.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is one of my WT fcs and I don't have many, The only hard part imo is the

slides, I always strum the orange. The song is only hard to fc because it is LONG. Other than that it is cake.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: XxTimetoKillxX PSN Name: XxTimetokillxX
anonymous_97  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Zeoilvia  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your replies .. Yeah PS3 players suck compared to XBOX players. I guess it's because we never had good controllers before now.. When I go play on my Les Paul again now I realize just how bad the lagg is; REALLY BAD!!

I agree with AshleyAiden that you should be a bit nicer to Tool. I can understand that you think the song is long and boring, but you don't really have to play them if you don't want to? I love Schism, and maybe the song isn't that challenging, but I enjoy listening to the track and occassionally singing along while I play, so for me it's quite entertaining

I will go get my FC now Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: