ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH: Metallica Album Breakdown!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deathbat911  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1: WTF?! NO RIDE THE LIGHTNING!? Tsk Tsk Neversoft...
2: They should include Metallica and original artist songs they covered from Garage Inc. should be in the game.
3: I HOPE the did rechart One. Can you imagine FSA on that engine (unless NS wants to give the GH3 engine Back )

Also some questions...
1: Will RB drums work with it for wii? (come on NS, playing GHWT with no drums sucked)
2: Is the game engine the same as GHWT?
3: Is there DLC?
4: Can you link up to 4 Wii's for online play? (One wii in GHWT... like a full band without the band (does that make sense))
1ofakind  

Location: San Jose, CA (More specificly, Scotts Valley but their close enough together.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarGeek08 wrote:
Interesting stuff, I like this alot. Although it would be a little different for PS2 and Wii since those versions get Cyanide, Broken Beat & Scarred, and My Apocolypse

All the more reason to get myself a 360.....I love All nightmare long!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathbat911 wrote:
1: WTF?! NO RIDE THE LIGHTNING!? Tsk Tsk Neversoft...
2: They should include Metallica and original artist songs they covered from Garage Inc. should be in the game.
3: I HOPE the did rechart One. Can you imagine FSA on that engine (unless NS wants to give the GH3 engine Back )
Eh, if they make FSA a tap section, it should be a LOT more forgiving...if they DID rechart it, I think it'd be a straight ascending/decending scale pattern ( or ) rather than the pattern in GH3 ( ). That would eliminate the double yellow near the end as well

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xtresso wrote:
Tagrineth wrote:
moocowjr wrote:
So, with One comfirmed for Guitar Hero Metallica, do you think that Neversoft will fix the chart for the guitar solo? (Downward triplets instead of upwards?)

It's not downward.

It's not upward.

It's random frantic tapping.

Here's hoping they keep it simplified for us.

If this is true, I want to see them chart each individual note accurately. Downward triplet, downward triplet, upward, down, half-down-half-up, a random strum, etc.

I have read that he's tapping morse code for SOS, but I could be wrong.

Is this the whoile list? It's nice. My only complaint is that there's no Jump in the Fire from Kill 'em All. I've been waiting to play that since gh2.
Stormrider2112  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a pattern repeated in 6 positions, nothing to do with Morse Code.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dang...theres alot of songs on there that arnt going to be fun to play.
nothing else matters, the unforgiven,possibly master of puppets,fade to black,for whom the bell tolls.
kind of a dissapointing list. i was hoping for the black album they would have through the never or the struggle within. also no phantom lord?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nimbus541 wrote:
dang...theres alot of songs on there that arnt going to be fun to play.
nothing else matters, the unforgiven,possibly master of puppets,fade to black,for whom the bell tolls.
kind of a dissapointing list. i was hoping for the black album they would have through the never or the struggle within. also no phantom lord?

While those sonsg you mentioned probably aren't as fun as the thrash ones, those songs are epic, and classic. They will be just as fun to play for me as the thrash songs because I know them all just as well. Those songs are all amazing. But this setlist is anything but disapointing. Creeping Death, Disposable Heroes, Dyer's Eve, I could go on forever about this amazing setlist. So many thrash songs.

EDIT: Anyone else think Sad but True will be the first Metallica song in the game? It's heavy, awesome, has a memorable riff, and it's easy enough to be the first song. Plus it's one of their most popular.
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mninp wrote:
Anyone else think Sad but True will be the first Metallica song in the game? It's heavy, awesome, has a memorable riff, and it's easy enough to be the first song. Plus it's one of their most popular.

I'd have to say Nothing Else Matters. It has the easiest, least complicated middle and end solo of all the Metallica songs, and a farely simple hook. Drums are pretty slow too, so it would make a good first tier song. Plus, when people start playing Metallica songs, it's one of the easiest opening riffs to play!

Stormrider2112  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mninp wrote:
While those sonsg you mentioned probably aren't as fun as the thrash ones, those songs are epic, and classic. They will be just as fun to play for me as the thrash songs because I know them all just as well. Those songs are all amazing. But this setlist is anything but disapointing. Creeping Death, Disposable Heroes, Dyer's Eve, I could go on forever about this amazing setlist. So many thrash songs.

EDIT: Anyone else think Sad but True will be the first Metallica song in the game? It's heavy, awesome, has a memorable riff, and it's easy enough to be the first song. Plus it's one of their most popular.
I hope Sad But True is early in the game so I only have to play it once...it's the song that almost killed Metallica for me...

Dyers Eve is going to kill people...I REALLY want to see the official chart before I play it...especially the main pre-verse riff...is it going to be something like (simplified) or (actual) with the fast strumming as 16ths at ~225 BPM...trills would SUCK at that speed, but the strumming would still be slower than the clusterfuck at the end of My Last Words...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One's solo is played the same everytime.
It's not jsut a random mosh of tapping and pull offs.
I saw them on the 18th and Hammet played it dead nuts on.
The majority of the solos are dead on too.
Theres a few that weren't but he seemed to improv those abit and actually did em alot better than the originals.
Jaksiel  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many songs from Load/Reload/St. Anger. Heh.

Everything else is good though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaksiel wrote:
Too many songs from Load/Reload/St. Anger.

Is 4 really too much? Besides, they play Fuel and Memory Remains at most of their shows, so they are probably considered crowd favorites .

Drevenant  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoolMotion wrote:
No Four Horsemen, Harvester of Sorrow?

I was surprised to see that there will be 3 songs from Kill 'Em All.

\m/
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Drevenant PSN Name: drevenant
RomeBravesBoy  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: GH: Metallica Album Breakdown! Reply with quote

Darkest wrote:

57% of the Metallica set list is pre-Black Album

Best stat right there

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the first part of FSA:

Would that make people happy? The other rechart I saw had:

which I think is a little too much, even with purple notes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: