ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
What is the best wireless guitar??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eLITeFUBAR  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: What is the best wireless guitar?? Reply with quote

Hey i need to get a new Guitar i just broke mine today. and when i say broke i mean it is BROKE!! lol

So Wire or Wireless and what is the best wireless guitar??

Thanks
BriGuy  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definetely go wireless. You wouldn't think it would be a huge deal until you get it and you have all this freedom to just walk wherever you want, especially between songs to go grab a beer or something.
And I'd stick with the RedOctane wireless. I have heard nothing but complaints about the others, especially the feel of the fret buttons. The only 3rd party I've tried was the Frontman and the buttons felt really weird, the neck was wider/thicker, and the star power went off whenever it was available.
The only reason to go 3rd party would be the built in solo buttons on the DoubleRange Frontman. I heard the solo buttons are tiny and very different to play with, but can be fun.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can't really say there is one awesomely great wireless guitar. The TAC Flying V rarely, if ever, drops a connection, so as far as connectivity, the Flying V is the way to go.

As for construction and use, the Flying V isn't the greatest. The buttons stick out a bit too far, and the neck is kinda flimsy. The SG (to me) is the best design. If you wanna combine these two qualities, just buy an SG, and buy a wireless converter. It plugs into the guitar and the PS2 and you can play any wired controller wirelessly.

Custom Guitar Paint Jobs (Submit Yours!)
Proud supporter of EWiggen's Grilled Cheese and GH Combo
socrstopr wrote:
This thread is very disturburbing. Also terrible.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Head0nFire86
eLITeFUBAR  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any stores that might have the RedOctane wireless one. i am looking online the the stores say they dont got them. i want to get the best one with a good feel and lest amount of lag. Looks are not at the top of the list. i want something that works!
BreakManX  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem with going wireless is the accompanying lag. Ever since the ass-tastic wave 1 Freedom Vs and their notorious lag from hell, the wireless controllers that followed have been very good about minimizing the lag that accompanies a lot of wireless controllers. However, the responsiveness you get from playing wireless will always, always be just a hair behind the responsiveness you get from a corded SG.

Wireless is fine, don't get me wrong, and I love using my RO Wireless...heck, I love all of my wireless guitar controllers, even the 3rd party ones. But my axe of choice, first and foremost, will always be my trusty SG. No worries about lag or dying batteries there.

If I had to recommend a wireless guitar to use, my first thought would be the RO Wireless; its design is so close to the SG you almost don't notice the difference (except for the deep fret button slots). But my personal favorite is the Flying V. For all the shit that TAC gets, the fret buttons on my Flying V are the most responsive out of all of my controllers...besides my SG, of course. You also don't have to push them in all the way for them to register (about halfway in works just fine), minimizing the effort it takes for my fingers to fly across the fretboard.

However, this does not mean that the buttons are too sensitive, if you're worried about accidentally activating the wrong fret. The sensitivity is on-par with just about any other controller's frets.
rude95841  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the TAC wireless controller....the buttons stick out too far, and they are a little further apart than the SG's are. so I wouldn't suggest getting that one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hellbentformaide  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

get the redoctane wireless. i have it, and its great. its a lot better than my friends wireless, its some 3rd party one, the neck is really short, and the buttons are so much harder to press than the normal guitar, so just spend the extra money and get the redoctane.
eLITeFUBAR  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok RedOctane sounds good. Now what is the easy way to get one.
MrWizard  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine at best buy. The red octane one that is. I love it. Feels awesome. Plays great. as long as there are good batteries in it.
CornStarch  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the "React Rocker" wireless guitar. It has a really strange shape to it, but it works well. Batteries haven't died since I bought it before christmas. The only real gripes I have with it are that when the strumbar is pushed in the direction of the fretboard, it sticks when you try to downstroke or upstroke. The other gripe is that the off switch is at the bottom of the controller, so if I'm sitting down, it I activate star power too hard, it turns off.

(but mine's a different color)

But I'd reccomend the RO ones. they are obviously better. I've also seen some good looking red and black ones In the shape of an x-plorer out there. It might be cheaper than the RO one..
rude95841  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CornStarch wrote:
I got the "React Rocker" wireless guitar. It has a really strange shape to it, but it works well. Batteries haven't died since I bought it before christmas. The only real gripes I have with it are that when the strumbar is pushed in the direction of the fretboard, it sticks when you try to downstroke or upstroke. The other gripe is that the off switch is at the bottom of the controller, so if I'm sitting down, it I activate star power too hard, it turns off.

(but mine's a different color)

But I'd reccomend the RO ones. they are obviously better. I've also seen some good looking red and black ones In the shape of an x-plorer out there. It might be cheaper than the RO one..

yeah that's the same one i got exept the color I don't like the buttons in fact the are even upside down, lol. they are round on top instead of the bottom.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mr.goodbytes  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the RO wireless and the hammer. I really do not have many major complaints about either. The hammer is a bit shorter and the buttons are half of an inch longer total which isn't very noticble unless you switch back and fourth between guitars. Use the RO wireless the most because it is longer and more comfortable to play for longer periods of time.
eLITeFUBAR  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got my RO wireless today!!! i will give it a rateing tonight when i try it out!!! thanks to everyone for all your help
eLITeFUBAR  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rateing the Redoctane wireless guitar.

How good is the Wireless--- (4.5/5)
Last night the guitar did great. I play it just far away so i could see the tv and it worked great. But my scores where a little low. i dont know if it was just a bad night for me or it will take some time to get ust to it.

Tilt Sensor---(5/5)
Ever time the star power would go off, it was when i tilted it and it was always when i wanted it to go off.

Fret Buttons---(5/5)
I could not ask for more. Button size and space inbetween each other is the same. My fingers staying right where I put them. They where very easy to push down too. Yes the buttons them self are turned around but it did change the way i played.

Strum Bar---(5/5)
Another great part of the guitar. Yea it got the click sound after time you strum but i think for me it helps!

Whammy Bar---(3.5/5)
I knew it was to good be to true, a great wireless guitar. For me, the guitar has got one weaknes, and it is the whammy. At one point it would work great. The next it would not work at all. When it did work for me it was great. A little hit on the whammy would bent that note great.

Overall Score---(23/25)
Overall the Guitar was great and if i needed to i would buy another one. Everthing but the Whammy Bar was great. The Whammy was great, when it worked! So if you got the Money and need the Guitar, then this is the one you want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: