ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Strumming... =[
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuckymong  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Strumming... =[ Reply with quote

I personally have a problem with strumming =[. I know this sounds really stupid because i play expert and have FCed songs and passed the whole carrer but i mean like in barucuda the triplet strumming.

I just cant get to grips with it ive tried for like 2 months now and im finding it hard. I cant even 5* barracuda -.-'

The best way ive found to do it is really stupid now i think about it. Instead of strumin like

S - S S S - S S S

S = strum, - = pause.

I stum slightly out of time which seems to get it just abouts like this.

S S S S S S S

Obviously this as a technique fails badly but i cant seem to get it

Any tips or hints or is it just something to practise even more????

Thanks a lot

Marcus
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: chuckymong
Zeoilvia  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn of your machine and strum slowly and controlled with the right rythm. Make sure you don't do it too fast, just do it right and then speed will come. That is how you learn to play real guitar most efficiently (And a lot of other things!). So do it right! Practice this maybe ten minutes everyday for some weeks and I'm sure you will be able to do Barracuda perfectly soon, and if you continue to practice then I'm sure RaBl will be in your reach soon as well.

EDIT: If/When you are able to do it perfectly on "slowest" in practice mode, you can also go there
buckelin  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before i was able to alt-strum (lawl) i was downstrumming it. You can try that.

Also, the technique is : D - DUD - DUD - DUD - ...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replys people i was trying it right like the

D - DUD - DUD etc

Just cant get it fast enuff and consistant enough so im gonna go with the advice for trying it slow thanks a lot

Marcus =]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: chuckymong
K81o7  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also try DUD - UDU - DUD - UDU ...

This is a technique many use for faster gallop patterns, and regardless of whether you choose to use it or the DUD - DUD - DUD - ..., it's good to be able to do both. Your problem right now might be the ability to alt-strum in a controlled manner on command, since if you can get expert FCs, you probably are able to downstrum all right. It'll just take practice. Try altstrumming in slow sections and all the time to get used to it...

Recent accomplishments:
TTFAF 800k [X]
Recently got consistent on Herman's/Sam's solos! Got a run with 464k by synth, but then botched it...850k soon.
xKappash540  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this:

U - U U U - U U U - U U U
(or D instead of U, if that's what you're used to)

I can upstrum t#otb.
But I should learn how to alt strum everything, you should too, but meh.
Just try it that way for now.
axlmed  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do not try anything crazy... eventually with practice it will become automatic for you when you see a triplet like ... everytime you see a triplet your right hand should pinch the strum bar with your thumb and forefinger... then its a quick DUD and then you release... for songs like raining blood and barracuda is the same thing.. only raining blood's gallop is slightly faster

honestly.. it's a practice issue in your case.. what i would do is take the barracuda section into practice... and practice getting the right hand to get into the position i told you and make that DUD strum automatic.. so you don't even think about it when it comes up

good luck
Yewb  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUD UDU DUD works for me without fail, and I'm about to start grinding for a This Calling FC, so it can't be THAT bad :P

Just a note on your terminology, I know it's confusing but the patterns you're talking about are gallops, not triplets.

Gallop: (16th 16th 16th (16th rest) 16th 16th 16th (16th rest))

You're playing them as triplets, which is a term for a pattern that has three notes for every two notes in a standard denomination: for example there are twelve 8th triplets in a bar of 4/4, because 8*(3/2)=12.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
Deak2112  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gallops are usually hard to get at first but eventually they become second nature. Just keep practicing them. What help me get good at them was playing the gallops in raining blood and DWDTG. Even if you don't have that DLC you can still face Lou and practice them.

DUD DUD DUD DUD was my method. For the fast songs the general consensus is DUD UDU DUD UDU. I couldn't do that if my life depended on it but everyone's different.

For lulz my Wiki and for My Youtube Channel

Free Bird since 11/9/2009
My only regret is that I only have one life to give for my Lord
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Deak2112
Ferchoh4x0r  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d udu dud udu dud udu dud ud

That works the best for me.
Just try to catch the rhytm of the song, after that, everything is easy.

[X] 4* TTFAF - FUCK YES, 411k.
[-] 5* TTFAF
[X] Top Gun Anthem Solo FC
[-] Stockholm Syndrome FC - 99% -4 run
[X] Impulse FC
Guku416  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferchoh4x0r wrote:

This, basically never miss gallops.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guku416 wrote:
Ferchoh4x0r wrote:

This, basically never miss gallops.

hmm, i actually DUD DUD every gallop in barracuda. only way i could FC it.
Shift  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to pretend you're upstrumming during those rests in between gallops. Like D(U)DUD(U)DUD(U)DUD. Instead of actually strumming, though, release your fingers when you bring your wrist back up.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to totally suck at gallops until i started alt-strumming ALL triplits, like the random ones in Heir Kommt Alex or anarchy in the UK, and some songs on WT, the patterns im talking about are these: and stuff like it, i play them like this

D D D D DUD D
good luck and hope that helps
update all scores for GH2, 3, 80s, WT [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
50, 60 , 70, 80, 90, 100 Total FCs for all of the following games GH 2, 3, 80s, WT xpert[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
need a 5* or section guide, PM me and i can make one
g0dly  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would highly recomend against using DUD DUD. it is far easier for me to go DUD UDU. it may help if you do not grip the strum bar for these sections (atleast until you get a feel for them) because it gives you more leeway if you start to make an extra strum when you are supposed to stop, you have more time to realize it when you move your whole hand or arm up and down and can stop yourself without registering an extra strum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: