ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Official Through the Fire and Flames Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master-Tesuch  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdamillio wrote:
Lots of helpful stuff.

Thanks! Not sure I can stretch the Climactic Build-up fingering, but I'll definitley try it, thanks also for all of the other tips, now I can work on them with definite methods.

Youse is teh awesomeness!

<----- One of the hardest banners to earn on ScoreHero!!! The story is pretty good anyway, go ahead, give it a try!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Master Tesuch
NfskMjmMal2  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master-Tesuch wrote:
jdamillio wrote:
Lots of helpful stuff.

Thanks! Not sure I can stretch the Climactic Build-up fingering, but I'll definitley try it, thanks also for all of the other tips, now I can work on them with definite methods.

One thing to notice is that jdamillio is a three-fingered player; he doesn't use his pinky, hence the stretching. As a player who uses all 4 fingers, here's how I hit it.

Sometimes, when there are "gaps", it's a good strategy to fret "ghost notes. For example, when playing something like this: , one might fret it like this , because it's easier. Don't do that here. Just kind of rock your fingers back and forth over those three frets.
imagu1tarh3r0  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master-Tesuch wrote:
-The GYOYGYO maddness in Climactic Build-Up is generally one handed, right? I want to learn that part, but I need to learn it right, and I didn't know what fingering was used the most.

I use the fingering of that whole end part as:

1 1 2 3 4 3 2 1 12 12 23 34 4 2 1 2 4 2 1 2 [34] [23] [12] [12] 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4

Here's a link to my FC of this part:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FzW9r9pKmg
No hands, sorry Just to prove that it works. I think this is the part you're talking about, sorry about the really bad fingering diagram, it's hard to space the notes out.
Master-Tesuch  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NfskMjmMal2: I did note that, but I was wondering if I could copy cat his method anyway just because it's so consistant. I just FC'ed it twice, though, and using the method that you suggested as the standard for us four phalange frettiers, so thanks!

imagu1tarh3r0: Thanks for the frections! I was stuck on the chords, but the idea of sliding the GR RY as 12 12 had completely escaped me, thanks for saving me from my own methods!

Both of you, thanks for your help! (Just realized that I could have copied and pasted your hard-to-type-out usernames from the Topic Review box....dammit)

<----- One of the hardest banners to earn on ScoreHero!!! The story is pretty good anyway, go ahead, give it a try!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Master Tesuch
imagu1tarh3r0  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master-Tesuch wrote:
NfskMjmMal2: I did note that, but I was wondering if I could copy cat his method anyway just because it's so consistant. I just FC'ed it twice, though, and using the method that you suggested as the standard for us four phalange frettiers, so thanks!

imagu1tarh3r0: Thanks for the frections! I was stuck on the chords, but the idea of sliding the GR RY as 12 12 had completely escaped me, thanks for saving me from my own methods!

Both of you, thanks for your help! (Just realized that I could have copied and pasted your hard-to-type-out usernames from the Topic Review box....dammit)

Haha, thanks so much. Sorry about the extremely difficult name, I made it a while ago... Thanks for subscribing!
AntefreemaN  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, me and two of my friends are having a race. The first one to complete TTFAF and get Inhumen Achievement wins.

The point is that one of my friends beat the song like an hour ago and I don´t want to finish last so I have geeked the song 14 times the past 1-2 hours (14 is pretty good imo cuz I can´t even two-hands tap so the intro is a b*tch...)

Now here's the question: Every single time I keep failing @ 82-83% the longest I manged to survive is when he starts singing Here We Stand...
I believe that that my problem goes way back then Twin solo and I need help on how to beat some certain parts because I can only hit one Sp path in the solo so don´t even bother say, use sp twice. My meter starts going down in the part called Solo fill 2 (I think) the sp part is all Chords going, green + red, red + yellow, yellow + blue, blue + orange and then the same but backwards. That's the part where my rock meter flies from green to yellow / red and I usally have to pop SP there... After that I can get the meter back to green and keep it all the way to WTF!? and there it goes down to red /yellow and then Twin solo starts and I keep failing @ the tripplets / pull-off part.

What part should I try practice on since there's a lot of parts I suck at?

Sry for my bad english, I was in a hurry so I didn´t have time to Preview it.
Guitarherolov3r  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: How to do a section like this Reply with quote

I'm having trouble with a section like this In (not sure what its called but i know its inTTFAF) i guess what my technique is is tht my middle finger is on red and my ring finger is on yellow but im not tapping it fast enough with tht. is tapping an option here? also im not all to sure about the finger movements for this section so if someone could tell me tht would be great. thank you for all advice in advance
efeat  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntefreemaN wrote:
Hey guys, me and two of my friends are having a race. The first one to complete TTFAF and get Inhumen Achievement wins.

The point is that one of my friends beat the song like an hour ago and I don´t want to finish last so I have geeked the song 14 times the past 1-2 hours (14 is pretty good imo cuz I can´t even two-hands tap so the intro is a b*tch...)

Now here's the question: Every single time I keep failing @ 82-83% the longest I manged to survive is when he starts singing Here We Stand...
I believe that that my problem goes way back then Twin solo and I need help on how to beat some certain parts because I can only hit one Sp path in the solo so don´t even bother say, use sp twice. My meter starts going down in the part called Solo fill 2 (I think) the sp part is all Chords going, green + red, red + yellow, yellow + blue, blue + orange and then the same but backwards. That's the part where my rock meter flies from green to yellow / red and I usally have to pop SP there... After that I can get the meter back to green and keep it all the way to WTF!? and there it goes down to red /yellow and then Twin solo starts and I keep failing @ the tripplets / pull-off part.

What part should I try practice on since there's a lot of parts I suck at?

Sry for my bad english, I was in a hurry so I didn´t have time to Preview it.

Use SP twice.

No, I'm serious. If you want to pass it, learning those SP phrases are the easiest and fastest way to do it. You said you can hit one, all you need to do is learn one other and you have a solid chance of passing. Activate at the beginning of the ascending triplets and you'll be back into the green for the descending triplets, which you can probably flail through and come out in the yellow.

I'm guessing the one phrase you can get is the one in the latter half of Herman's solo, as that one isn't hard. The next one you should be practicing is Herman's solo 2. Measure 278 http://www.scorehero.com/images/notecharts/gh3/thrufireandflames_guitar_expert.png
If you aren't getting the one in Herman's solo, practice that. It's measure 254. learning a second activation is far easier than learning to pass the entire solo without SP.
jdamillio  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: How to do a section like this Reply with quote

Guitarherolov3r wrote:
I'm having trouble with a section like this In (not sure what its called but i know its inTTFAF) i guess what my technique is is tht my middle finger is on red and my ring finger is on yellow but im not tapping it fast enough with tht. is tapping an option here? also im not all to sure about the finger movements for this section so if someone could tell me tht would be great. thank you for all advice in advance

slide...

notice when you hit you use your ring finger, i hit this every single time

First ever TTFAF FC with 3 Fingers, 8/19/10 - Never Forget

GH3X: 9th Place - 69/70 FCs (One)
- Youtube: joedamillio
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
GHAddict  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is really helpful, but, the thing is, it's really long and there are so many methods thrown around in no particular order. Thusly, it's next to impossible to find what you're looking for without asking the same old questions or browsing through 57 (and counting) pages.

What I propose instead is one huge-ass mother-fucking guide to this song. Pretty much this thread but covering all aspects of the song--the slow parts, the strumming parts, the solos, the snake, the intro... everything.

What do you think?

I embrace that there are a lot of problems with this idea--but, if pulled off, would pretty much permanently end all TtFaF-related questions, and cease all problems pertaining to it.

Hell, I'd be willing to write the guide up if no one else would. Opinions on this? Because, as much of a good idea as this thread is, it's not helping me out too much.

[Customs] - Click here if you like awesomeness

Goal: FC 75% of ALL on-disc Guitar Hero songs (Band Hero doesn't count) - (430 / 575)
Current: 368 / 575 - (64%)
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHAddict wrote:
This thread is really helpful, but, the thing is, it's really long and there are so many methods thrown around in no particular order. Thusly, it's next to impossible to find what you're looking for without asking the same old questions or browsing through 57 (and counting) pages.

What I propose instead is one huge-ass mother-fucking guide to this song. Pretty much this thread but covering all aspects of the song--the slow parts, the strumming parts, the solos, the snake, the intro... everything.

What do you think?

I embrace that there are a lot of problems with this idea--but, if pulled off, would pretty much permanently end all TtFaF-related questions, and cease all problems pertaining to it.

Hell, I'd be willing to write the guide up if no one else would. Opinions on this? Because, as much of a good idea as this thread is, it's not helping me out too much.

Why don't we just do something similar to HellAshes Technique FAQ/T3D's Guide List? Someone with a LOT of time on their can go all through the topic and make links to where certain things are (e.g. Page 3 - Synth Death technique <link>). I suppose we COULD write a guide to it, but really, the guide has more than likely been written for us in the last 57 pages of this thread. Compiling it into one resource might be a better idea.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
DredxB34ST  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: How to do a section like this Reply with quote

jdamillio wrote:
Guitarherolov3r wrote:

slide...

notice when you hit you use your ring finger, i hit this every single time

joe, its xDredxB34STx from your xbox live friends list.
YES THAT PART IS TAPABLE
I TAP IT.
I ONLY PLAY WITH 3 FINGERS SO I HAVE TO TAP IT.
MY PINKIE IS SLOW SO I DONT USE IT IN GH.
AND TAPPING IS CONSISTENT I ALWAYS GET IT.
AND I GOT 781K!

My Achievements:TTFAF 791k (please comment)
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=76460&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
THEGH  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just here to give a GIGANTIC thank-you to all the people that helped me achieve my over 750k goal on this song. It means so much to me.

You can check out the glorious moment in this vid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why I can't hit the intro. I've FC'd cliffs of dover and cult of personality, can consistently stay in green during the TTFAF solo without the use of star power, but I can't hold a combo no matter what I try. I've searched about 15 different threads, and none of them have worked for me. The problem isn't passing, I can pass the intro 100% of the time one-handed and alt-strumming, but my score suffers dramatically by not getting the full 50k bonus from the intro, as well as the 2 sp phrases. Does anyone have any tips that I may not have seen?
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blitz103 wrote:
I don't know why I can't hit the intro. I've FC'd cliffs of dover and cult of personality, can consistently stay in green during the TTFAF solo without the use of star power, but I can't hold a combo no matter what I try. I've searched about 15 different threads, and none of them have worked for me. The problem isn't passing, I can pass the intro 100% of the time one-handed and alt-strumming, but my score suffers dramatically by not getting the full 50k bonus from the intro, as well as the 2 sp phrases. Does anyone have any tips that I may not have seen?

Try anchoring green with your tapping hand, and doing the rest from second position. Elbow-strum the first note. Here's an interesting way to improve your skills on the intro:
1)Use a higher hyperspeed level than you usually do (if you use 3, put 5).
2)Go into practice mode, select the song TTFAF, and the section intro.
3)Select slow as the speed.
4)Practice it until you can FC it.
5)Put your hyperspeed to the usual level.
6)Do it on full speed.
7)????
8)Profit!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 57 of 72

Jump to: