ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Something interesting about the Xplorer...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ExpertPenguin  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Something interesting about the Xplorer... Reply with quote

First off, let me introduce myself: Hello, I'm ExpertPenguin, avid GH fan, and I've been hanging around the boards anonymously, but finally decided to just register already. Heck. Why not? Everyone here seems great and I'm sure we'll have some good times.

About the 360 Guitar..

I know reactions are mixed around here, primarily because the original SG is so well designed and we're all used to it, but I do kind of like it, it stands pretty well on it's own...The strum bar is sturdier and isn't as loud, the guitar itself has some weight to it...

But it comes with it's share of small problems. The whammy bar is a bit too loose and not as responsive, the neck and buttons are a bit smaller (which could be a problem for people like me with large hands) and the select button is way out of the way, making activating SP a bit of a hassle. I've also heard some people complain about the shape, but that doesn't bother me too much. It's also smaller than the SG, which could throw everyone off as well.

However, back on topic, I found something interesting while messing around with the buttons..

As you know, the D-Pad is primarily used to navigate the menus and/or navigate the Xbox dashboard, but I wondered if it had any actual use during gameplay. I was hoping for an alternate activation for star power, but instead, it activated a strum.

Yes...a strum.

Basically, you can use the d-pad on the Xplorer like a killswitch, perfect for when you're playing Jordan, or anything else if you want to show off a little..
mewithoutlouie  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I would've ever found that out, but that could help when trying to activate SP.

Thanks for the info, can't wait to try it out.
BadgerBomber  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading a review on a gaming website and they were annoyed that where they rest their hand (which is where the d-pad is) they kept pressing the d-pad and kept double strumming.
Btw the way welcome to the forum, we're nice people *cough* lol!

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BadgerBomber
Torchy  

Location: Indiana / Kentucky, U.S.A. (or aboard U.S.S. Moisthero)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read about that somewhere. I'd say that it might be helpful but I'm 99.9% certain that Jordan would still kick my ass even with a killswitch If you're moderately skilled though it'd probably work out great.

And welcome to the forums! Penguins are awesome
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: StaticWatrmelon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: