ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Very weird GH:WT Guitar problem..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PatTheCow  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Very weird GH:WT Guitar problem.. Reply with quote

Here is what is going on. My guitar all of a sudden started being weird on me. It only takes certain kinds of batteries to power it.I used to power it with my rechargeable guitar hero battery packs. Now today I tried it, didn't work. I thought maybe my batteries were dead. So I recharged em, No success. My batteries aren't broken because they work fine on a les paul guitar. I also got some regular double A batteries that are rechargeable. It won't take those either. It only takes energizer batteries and other kind of batteries that are not rechargeable.

So basically, only normal batteries will work on my guitar.. Any fixes for this?
urbigbro  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd check to make sure the battery contacts in the guitar and batt pack don't have corrosion or any other contaminant on them. Clean the contacts with 91% rubbing alcohol. If the corrosion is pretty heavy you may need to lightly sand the contacts with 1500-2000 grit sand paper, or emery cloth.

I would also check the voltage on the rechargeable batteries. Rechargeables should output a minimum of 1.2v per AA cell, so for batt pack 1.2v x 2=2.4v. Alkalines are usually 1.5v, thus anything that increases the capacitance, (dying rechgble batteries, dirty contacts) in the circuit may make the guitar not receive enough voltage to turn on.
PatTheCow  

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urbigbro wrote:
I'd check to make sure the battery contacts in the guitar and batt pack don't have corrosion or any other contaminant on them. Clean the contacts with 91% rubbing alcohol. If the corrosion is pretty heavy you may need to lightly sand the contacts with 1500-2000 grit sand paper, or emery cloth.

I would also check the voltage on the rechargeable batteries. Rechargeables should output a minimum of 1.2v per AA cell, so for batt pack 1.2v x 2=2.4v. Alkalines are usually 1.5v, thus anything that increases the capacitance, (dying rechgble batteries, dirty contacts) in the circuit may make the guitar not receive enough voltage to turn on.

I will try that, but like I said it's the official guitar hero rechargeable pack, so it should work. But I will try it and I will let you know! Thanks.

EDIT: Wow, Thanks! It worked. I cleaned it with rubbing alcohol and it worked. I don't know why my other guitar would power up with it though. But thanks, you are a genius!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: