ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHWT DLC for week of june 11th: Euro Track Pack #6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KyleKorver  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

i'm just here to point out that we European people, as impossible as you think it may be, ALSO PLAY FUCKING GUITAR HERO. And yeah, music wasn't born in the USA, there are bands everywhere, yeah, in Europe too! So please complain because the songs are bad, not because where they come from, you racists[/quote]

jeffo2448 wrote:
Van Halen - .... umm... he's having a WHOLE game devoted to him
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What everyone fails to notice is that for every European song they release as DLC, they replace the artist with a more well known one on GH5.

The Jeff Beck song? Yeah, that used to be Look Good in Leather. Play That Funky Music? That was Sportfreunde Stiller.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KyleKorver wrote:
Hello everyone,

i'm just here to point out that we European people, as impossible as you think it may be, ALSO PLAY FUCKING GUITAR HERO. And yeah, music wasn't born in the USA, there are bands everywhere, yeah, in Europe too! So please complain because the songs are bad, not because where they come from, you racists
[/quote]

Wtf?
Now that would be a sight!

Scratch me Mosh 1, mister DJ man!
www.rbforum.se - The one and only Swedish RB froum!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Fernwilter
KyleKorver  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fernwilter wrote:
KyleKorver wrote:
Hello everyone,

i'm just here to point out that we European people, as impossible as you think it may be, ALSO PLAY FUCKING GUITAR HERO. And yeah, music wasn't born in the USA, there are bands everywhere, yeah, in Europe too! So please complain because the songs are bad, not because where they come from, you racists

Wtf?

Read all previous 4 pages of this post and tell me you don't see some kind of "oh no european music i've never heard!!! it's got to be bad!!"-racism

And it's too sad that people here don't know of Placebo, one of my top 10 favourite bands ever....but yeah, they're european, so they are inferior to the almighty USA...

jeffo2448 wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KyleKorver wrote:
Read all previous 4 pages of this post and tell me you don't see some kind of "oh no european music i've never heard!!! it's got to be bad!!"-racism

And it's too sad that people here don't know of Placebo, one of my top 10 favourite bands ever....but yeah, they're european, so they are inferior to the almighty USA...

Right, the four previous pages of complaining have nothing to do with the fact that the songs blow. It's just that many people hate Europeans.
KyleKorver  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Who buys this shit? I don't know any of the bands that have been included in these Euro packs except for In Flames and thats ONLY because of being in GH prior" (Still you complain)

"this European music dry-humping is wearing a tad thin now..."

"Hated the Euro bonus-ish songs on WT. Hated the other 99 Euro track packs. Not gonna bother with this one." (Did he say something about bad european tracks? No. Just the european ones. They're all bad.)

Only taken from page 2.

And yeah, the spanish and italian songs in this pack are bad. But...it's a Placebo song, man. That's really very good stuff.

Anyway, I made my point, now I'm gonna shut the fuck up for good, say what you want.

jeffo2448 wrote:
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXem_sHtN-w - here is Placebo on drums if anyone cares to know if it will be fun or not...
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As being somebody who sees nothing different between Europeans and Americans (We're all humans ffs), I can safely say that I do not get general hatred for these songs just because they are European. It's because Neversoft picks 2 bad songs and then a decent one for their European packs (Sometimes just 3 terrible songs though). So whenever I hear "EUROPEAN PACKS #1-20" I automatically just go meh based on automatic response. I think this is just automatic response to every GHWT DLC by now though

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
SteveAbKI  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love when Europeans overract and play the tired "WAAAH ARROGANT AMERICANS YOU ALL SUCK" card. You sound even more childish than the ignorant people you're calling out.

Also, your username is interesting...Kyle Korver, as in the basketball player?
Silly  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bitter End is a decently fun chordfest with a slightly tricky alt-strumming section at the end which might ruin a sightread FC. It's also a good warmup for your legs as drums have a lot of bass.

As has been the case with pretty much every Euro trackpack it's the only song worth bothering with out of the three unless you're a diehard fan of the other two bands (or just a DLC whore, in which case sux4u). This is the reason why I don't like the glut of eurotrash coming in - I'm all for broadening horizons in music through these games, but for God's sake, pick something fun to pique interest, who the hell wants to download a song about Germany winning the World Cup in 2010 when RB is churning out Iron fucking Maiden? It's a fact - these packs as a whole have been crap. Why release a three-pack, when there's only one good song? There's no underlying 'racism' as KyleKorver likes to put it - just a common view that since every other Euro pack has sucked, that this one does too.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
KyleKorver  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for my username....i had the idea from Does it offend you, yeah?, a british band (that i suppose you never heard because they're not from your country). I turned on the TV and the first name i heard was my username. Yeah, it's an NBA player, a bad one it seems...

And i think we're all trying to say the same thing here. The songs are bad. I get it. I agree. I just don't like reading "european music sucks" when you HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD Placebo

jeffo2448 wrote:
valioso  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone from Spain, the Loquillo song is all sorts of awesome and reminds me of a bunch of stuff growing up.. so far the spanish songs they have picked have been good.. so I don't get the big deal about it.. is dlc.. just skip it.
ShonSuperStar  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the fuck cares. There are now 11 Guitar Hero games across the home consoles and the DS, surely there are enough songs to please everyone?

GesterX - "This has got to be one of Wales' top 5 accomplishments of all time. "
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Shon Super Star
SteveAbKI  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KyleKorver wrote:
As for my username....i had the idea from Does it offend you, yeah?, a british band (that i suppose you never heard because they're not from your country). I turned on the TV and the first name i heard was my username. Yeah, it's an NBA player, a bad one it seems...

And i think we're all trying to say the same thing here. The songs are bad. I get it. I agree. I just don't like reading "european music sucks" when you HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD Placebo

Haha, you're fucking hilarious man. Get over yourself. I'm usually one of the first people to be disgusted/annoyed by American ignorance, but you take this unfound whininess to a whole new level. I'm not offended/bothered by your fucking username...I was just asking.

Also, that first part of your post makes no goddamn sense. And I listen to lots of foreign bands and have heard of many of these Euro pack bands. But you're just gonna be a dick and lump me in with the so-called "ignorant Americans" it seems.
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveAbKI wrote:
KyleKorver wrote:

Haha, you're fucking hilarious man. Get over yourself. I'm usually one of the first people to be disgusted/annoyed by American ignorance, but you take this unfound whininess to a whole new level. I'm not offended/bothered by your fucking username...I was just asking.

Also, that first part of your post makes no goddamn sense. And I listen to lots of foreign bands and have heard of many of these Euro pack bands. But you're just gonna be a dick and lump me in with the so-called "ignorant Americans" it seems.
He wasn't asking if it offended you... the name of the band is "Does It Offend You, Yeah?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: