ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
central FL /ocala get together august-ish maybe? my place
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoops4sho  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: central FL /ocala get together august-ish maybe? my place Reply with quote

alright, here's the deal. i tried to get one of these get togethers going last year and failed miserably, but i'm interested in trying to have one before summer is over. i've got a house near ocala with enough room to get at least 3 or 4 stations going at once if enough people show up. i've got a 360, ps3, ps2, wii, and ds. i've got a game room with with a projector set up, the screen is 6 feet by 9 feet! other displays i've got a 19" monitor with the 360 VGA cable and a 27" CRT TV. i've got RB1 for 360 with a completely working drumset, xplorer, and a mostly working strat. i've got gh3 for ps3 with one les paul. i've got gh2 for ps2 with the red wired SG and the white wireless guitar. my wife loves to cook (and she's good at it too!) and will probably make us all kinds of good snacks to eat. i figure $5/person will be enough to order a few pizzas and sodas and leftover money can go back in your hand or into a tourney pot, if you guys wanna get a tourney going too. post your responses, ideas, equipment you can bring, etc. i'm looking forward to seeing how many of you are interested. peace... oh and i don't drink and i don't eat meat but i could give a shit if you do. not cool with underage drinking though, not worth getting into trouble for it.
Streaming Blood Sex Sugar Magik!!
not trying to be a dick and it's probably just a typo, but it's Blood Sugar Sex Magik just in case you didn't realize.
I don't really think it matters, does it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PSN Name: Hoops4sho
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to be there in all my tall/fat glory

I'll make sure to drag along MarkIsRockBand and CatTorturer as well.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
Vertiggo  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be down! It would be ridiculously fun.

Also, I'd love to play in or host a tournament there. That'd be even better.
gallery_5702_642_2556.png
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Paradise
iTzTehGirl  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fun

"I got a Molotov cocktail with a match to go. I smoke my cigarette with style."
Maxxx1  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope I can make it . Ocala is about an hour and a half from here
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I make a suggestion for you to do this on the weekend of July 31st? That way no school things interrupt this.

And, a list of things I can bring (that is if I bring my friends):

3 PS2's
1 TV
2 Xbox 360's (One with 300 Rock Band songs)
1 Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar
3 Les Pauls
2 X-Plorers
Guitar Hero 1
Guitar Hero 2 (360)
Guitar Hero 3
Guitar Hero World Tour
Guitar Hero Metallica, and maybe Smash Hits.
Rock Band 2
3 Guitar Hero World Tour drumsets
1 Rock Band drumset
1 Guitar Hero 1 SG
and 2 Mics

Everything minus GH1 and the SG for it are for 360.

Hopefully you don't forget to check this Hoops,

Last.FM|Facebook

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
vkw619  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHY MUST I BE IN TAMPA WITH LAZY PARENTS AND NO RIDE
Sorry for caps but I've wanted a FL get together forever now and I've only been to one tourney and it was in Clearwater and my parents got mad going there they aren't into GH and RB and being that I'm barley old enough to get my own job let alone I still can't drive for another year (atleast by myself) my chances of going are like none

But if one magical way I do and you guys aren't like 30 I MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE
XP

Pretend its a tourney = possiblity lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: vkw619
Hoops4sho  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i'm not 30, but almost. the weekend of the 31st sounds okay to me except i work fridays and saturdays so it would have to be sunday. i know several people will be coming from orlando or tampa so i can arrange for people to carpool if a ride is needed. the 31st is coming fast. i need people to respond with a definite yes or no and what equipment you can bring with you.
not trying to be a dick and it's probably just a typo, but it's Blood Sugar Sex Magik just in case you didn't realize.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PSN Name: Hoops4sho
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoops4sho wrote:
well i'm not 30, but almost. the weekend of the 31st sounds okay to me except i work fridays and saturdays so it would have to be sunday. i know several people will be coming from orlando or tampa so i can arrange for people to carpool if a ride is needed. the 31st is coming fast. i need people to respond with a definite yes or no and what equipment you can bring with you.

I got almost a definite Yes with Mark and Court. Since they can both drive (Forget me since I'm a lazy fuck who's about to turn 17 and doesn't even have his permit) But yeah, so if this happens I will be there.

Last.FM|Facebook

Strykerx  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put me down as a maybe. I'm at UCF but the odds of me having a ride on that day are slim.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strykerx wrote:
Put me down as a maybe. I'm at UCF but the odds of me having a ride on that day are slim.

If you need a ride, We might have an extra spot. And that applies to anybody in Central Florida.

Last.FM|Facebook

vkw619  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm as of now I'm leaning towards no just because parents are way to overly protective when it comes to hangout with people older than me (parent fail) but I understand. There is a slim chance it might happen tho a ride would be needed I can almost guarantee that so I'll try as I might to come also just for reference I am a PS3 player I have 2 RB kits, 3 Guitars, 1 SG, TAC converter, 1 RB mic, More drum sticks than half of sam ash XP, and about 3 pedals that should work okay if need be (also have a destroyer) along with the PS3 itself which has 300+ DLC on it.

Ill try to get an answer soon.

I am in the Tampa area around Seffner
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: vkw619
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God... three and a half hour drive from Fort Myers to Ocala, straight up I-seventyboring.

Big fat "maybe" from me, but if I come I'll bring my Ion kit.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
Hoops4sho  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm actually about an hour from ocala so depending on the direction you're coming from, i might be a bit closer for you than ocala. i think it was OnionPowder than mentioned July 30th. i don't think i'll be able to have this that soon due to my current financial situation. also i do have enough room for a few people to crash and leave in the AM. could be an option for you esp. if you have a long drive. also i was actually just looking at the calender and the 30th is a thurs. i work wed thru sat nights so whatever day we do this will have to be a sunday preferably. just looking at the calender i'm thinking august 9th would be a good day for me. anyone else have input?
Icemage  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Clearwater, Ocala's not too far away.

How about Sunday July 26? Unless we've got people that absolutely must show up at church or something...

P.S. If anyone needs a ride from the Tampa Bay area, send me a PM and perhaps I can swing by and pick you up/take you back if you don't live in the back end of beyond.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: