ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Sonisphere Festival, Knebworth, UK - Bjorn Again?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScreamingEvil  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOPP wrote:
Nah, it's taking us two days to travel down xD

Seen the Special Guest slot? It's bound to be Machine Head, if you've been keeping watch on the soni forums:D

If it is....i will DIE

Yeah I saw that, and Machine Head did spring to mind. However I kinda doubt it is (for one thing its beneith Limp Bizkit, and thats the reason Machine Head left in the first place).

I'd kill for it to be Five Finger Death Punch (possible), or maybe Slipknot (unlikely).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Goramoth
MOPP  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScreamingEvil wrote:
MOPP wrote:

Seen the Special Guest slot? It's bound to be Machine Head, if you've been keeping watch on the soni forums:D

If it is....i will DIE

Yeah I saw that, and Machine Head did spring to mind. However I kinda doubt it is (for one thing its beneith Limp Bizkit, and thats the reason Machine Head left in the first place).

I'd kill for it to be Five Finger Death Punch (possible), or maybe Slipknot (unlikely).

Yeah, but it was because they were below Limp Bizkit, and on the 2nd stage. They believed themselves to be a Main Stage act, not 2nd stage, and I fully agree there. So, MH seems to be the most likely candidate for this, and about 80% of the forum seem to think so too.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: x101xM0p
migthegreek  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOPP wrote:

Whoa. I live further down than where Sonisphere is, and we recently drove up to Newcastle in under 5 hours, with 40 mins of that as a break for lunch at the services.

I guess you have to travel along dirt tracks until you get out of Scotland though, amirite?

Unnecessary racism aside, is this Guitar Hero thing confirmed? Where did you hear about the main stage thing? I think I would be shitting myself if I had to get up there and play like a nerd to the crowd, but I'm guessing I wouldn't be the best player there.
MOPP  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

migthegreek wrote:
MOPP wrote:

Whoa. I live further down than where Sonisphere is, and we recently drove up to Newcastle in under 5 hours, with 40 mins of that as a break for lunch at the services.

I guess you have to travel along dirt tracks until you get out of Scotland though, amirite?

Unnecessary racism aside, is this Guitar Hero thing confirmed? Where did you hear about the main stage thing? I think I would be shitting myself if I had to get up there and play like a nerd to the crowd, but I'm guessing I wouldn't be the best player there.

Stay at one of the guys who's coming with in Aberdeen on the Wednesday.
Bus to Glasgow - £6
Train - £15 (Part of a Daily Record/National Express partnership )
Hotel - £15 after we'e split it.
Bus back on Monday - £10
Bus to aberdeen - £5.50
So £50 overall

And yeah, dirt tracks ftw. We've heard about these things though. New-fangled machines. Automobile is it?

And yeah, if you check the 5* part of SH, someone from Sweden, Holland or somewhere like that won their competition, and played on the main stage. Vid is on youtube I do believe

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: x101xM0p
migthegreek  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOPP wrote:

If it is....i will DIE

Did you die then?!

I heard the Guitar Hero on stage got booed and pelted with bottles because everyone was waiting for Lamb of God. Talk about schedule fail, lol.
ScreamingEvil  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thats true about the GH band thing, I saw it happen. All in all that was an epic weekend. I managed to see:

Saturday
Soil, Alien Ant Farm, Skindred, Sylosis, Glamour of the Kill, Anthrax, The Used, Airbourne, Bullet for My Valentine, Linkin Park

Sunday
Buckcherry, Paradise Lost, Killing Joke, Saxon, Lamb of God, Machine Head, Cancer Bats, NIN, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica.

Also, was it just me, or was NIN's set increadably disapointing? I had high hopes for them, but the set they played was so dull.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Goramoth
Headbang  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScreamingEvil wrote:
Saturday
Soil, Alien Ant Farm, Skindred, Sylosis, Glamour of the Kill, Anthrax, The Used, Airbourne, Bullet for My Valentine, Linkin Park

Almost exactly the bands i saw ;)

ScreamingEvil wrote:
Also, was it just me, or was NIN's set increadably disapointing? I had high hopes for them, but the set they played was so dull.

I couldn't agree with you more, I was at the front at that point (about 5 people back) because i was getting to the front for Metallica. It was very slow, disappointing and just boring. Have you also noticed the size of Trent Reznor's neck? But then there's Corey Taylor...
Don't get me wrong, the songs are good and everything, I just don't think it was a good way to finish your career as a band and it wasn't a good festival set.
ScreamingEvil  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Headbang wrote:
ScreamingEvil wrote:

I couldn't agree with you more, I was at the front at that point (about 5 people back) because i was getting to the front for Metallica. It was very slow, disappointing and just boring. Have you also noticed the size of Trent Reznor's neck? But then there's Corey Taylor...
Don't get me wrong, the songs are good and everything, I just don't think it was a good way to finish your career as a band and it wasn't a good festival set.

Thats pretty much exactly what I though, I mean I will admit I don't know that many NIN songs so I can't really claim they should have played x or y, but seriously, it wasn't a good set for a festival. Most of the people around me where just chatting to each other and ignoring the stage after about 15 minutes.

Adsee  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, looking at their setlist, I would of loved to be there! It seems as though the last shows are more for huge NIN fans, because Trent is avoiding some hits (Closer for example) in order to play the more underrated songs.
Headbang  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adsee wrote:
Actually, looking at their setlist, I would of loved to be there! It seems as though the last shows are more for huge NIN fans, because Trent is avoiding some hits (Closer for example) in order to play the more underrated songs.

I would completely agree with you if this was a headline gig halfway into a tour but it was a festival set and they didn't even play The Hand That Feeds, which I was sure they'd play (mainly because it's the only song I know other than Hurt, which I don't even know very well).

They really set it up for an encore aswell, it was a very abrupt ending and we were all just like 'okay, well that just happened'.

I think it would have gone better if he had involved the crowd more but he always had his eyes shut. This makes me think that he is very into his music. You could see that he is very passionate about his music and that for me shows why he is such a respected musician.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: