ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guide - PS3 WT Guitar and PC GH3 (no J2K, Xpadder).

View previous topic :: View next topic  
labrat  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Guide - PS3 WT Guitar and PC GH3 (no J2K, Xpadder). Reply with quote

First of all I would like to say that I take no responsibility if you mess up your Windows registry or anything else :P.

Ok... let me explain. I wanted to play my GH3 Customs with friends but unfortunately my PS3 WT Guitar was not recognized properly by PC GH3. That's why I was forced to use JoyToKey which would resault in utilizing keyboard, that I need to connect my Wii Guitar via GlovePie. That's when I started to look for a solution and finally managed to make my WT Guitar work without any keyboard maping software.

Short guide (I'm using Windows7 x64)

- start Windows regedit tool
- CTR-F and look for "Guitar Hero4 for PlayStation (R) 3" (that's the name found in Windows gamecontrolers).
- regedit should find something like this:

(Default) REG_SZ (value not set)
OEMData REG_BINARY 23 00 08 10 0d 00 00 00
OEMName REG_SZ Guitar Hero4 for PlayStation (R) 3

- replace the "Guitar Hero4 for PlayStation (R) 3" with "Guitar Hero for PC/MAC"
- search for more "Guitar Hero4 for PlayStation (R) 3" entries and edit them all

After that my guitar works in GH3 without J2K, tilt sensor is still not working but atleast now I know play multiplayer with 2nd player on keyboard or Wii Guitar.

*GH:Aerosmith is still not recognizing the guitar so I would like someone with PS3 Les Paul / PC X-Plorer to report the names given to those controllers by Windows.

I hope this short guide will be useful to someone. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Good luck.

Last edited by labrat on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
KuLiKo  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i do that . Should I play GH:WT with no problems?
labrat  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. My GH:WT works without any problems after the "mod".
Rapstah  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are amazing to find this out.

I have a PS3 LP, and I haven't plugged it in since I got my WTar, but if my memory serves me right it didn't get a name by Windows, before you installed the Sixaxis drivers it was just an "unknown USB device" or something like that. :/

EDIT: And I can't quite get this to work, GH3 won't recognise the guitar and I've replaced every single instance of "Guitar Hero4 for Playstation (R) 3" in the registry with "Guitar Hero for PC/MAC". Or should that be "Guitar Hero 3 for PC/MAC" or "Guitar Hero3 for PC/MAC"?

EDIT 2: And in the "devices and printers" tab on the control panel, I have Win7 64 bit just like you, Windows still calls my guitar this:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's strange to be honest... do you have the latest GH3 patch installed (1.31)?

*sorry for the late reply but I was away for a couple of days.
wierzbiks  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Guide - PS3 WT Guitar and PC GH3 (no J2K, Xpadder). Reply with quote

labrat wrote:
First of all I would like to say that I take no responsibility if you mess up your Windows registry or anything else :P.

Ok... let me explain. I wanted to play my GH3 Customs with friends but unfortunately my PS3 WT Guitar was not recognized properly by PC GH3. That's why I was forced to use JoyToKey which would resault in utilizing keyboard, that I need to connect my Wii Guitar via GlovePie. That's when I started to look for a solution and finally managed to make my WT Guitar work without any keyboard maping software.

Short guide (I'm using Windows7 x64)

- start Windows regedit tool
- CTR-F and look for "Guitar Hero4 for PlayStation (R) 3" (that's the name found in Windows gamecontrolers).
- regedit should find something like this:

(Default) REG_SZ (value not set)
OEMData REG_BINARY 23 00 08 10 0d 00 00 00
OEMName REG_SZ Guitar Hero4 for PlayStation (R) 3

- replace the "Guitar Hero4 for PlayStation (R) 3" with "Guitar Hero for PC/MAC"
- search for more "Guitar Hero4 for PlayStation (R) 3" entries and edit them all

After that my guitar works in GH3 without J2K, tilt sensor is still not working but atleast now I know play multiplayer with 2nd player on keyboard or Wii Guitar.

*GH:Aerosmith is still not recognizing the guitar so I would like someone with PS3 Les Paul / PC X-Plorer to report the names given to those controllers by Windows.

I hope this short guide will be useful to someone. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Good luck.

Is GH:Aerosmith still not recognizing the guitar??
labrat  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope
hahalol38  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used this method for windows xp and 2 keys wont change the location information and devicedesc i type Guitar Hero for PC/MAC in it and i get this
error writing the values new content what do i do
labrat  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have administrator rights on your PC?
kereta  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Guide - PS3 WT Guitar and PC GH3 (no J2K, Xpadder). Reply with quote

labrat wrote:

Hey, this is what i have been searching for. Hope that u can still try this out for me, i need to replace my broken x-plorer. And i've been thinking about getting the ps3 controller.

This is what i got from one of my registry

OEMName=Guitar Hero X-plorer (Controller)
OEMData=hex:23,00,80,11,0a,00,00,00

Try it out and let me know, thanks =)
Huex  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:50 am    Post subject: Any luck of fixing the tilt? Reply with quote

Im dying trying to find a fix. Mostly just searching the interwebs lol
415263af  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, i got a GH5 guitar for PS3, i changed the registry as you told and it worked fine. Just for info, in GH5 guitar u should search for Guitar Hero5 for PlayStation (R) 3 instead of Guitar Hero4 for PlayStation (R) 3 . I'll try next on a PS2 with PS2/PC adapter. No joy 2 key anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: