ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
I'm running a GH competition at a Boy Scout event in NJ.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBigBB  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: I'm running a GH competition at a Boy Scout event in NJ. Reply with quote

I will be running a Guitar Hero booth at a huge Boy Scouts 100th Anniversary event in Augusta, NJ on October 3. I'm told there may be 4000 Boy Scouts there, and 90 different activities. I wonder if anyone from here will be attending this, or knows someone who will. It's not open to the general public, but I figured I'd mention it just in case.

Also, I wouldn't mind hearing thoughts on the format of the competition. Since anyone can wander up to my booth, and people will probably have a lot of things they want to do, I have decided on this format:

People line-up, and 4 people play GH5 guitar at a time in pro face-off on whatever song they choose. The winner of each round will be allowed to go to the finalist station and play for score on "Play With Me" from GH: Smash Hits, while another group of 4 plays another pro face-off. I am supplying large headphones for the finalist station so that it won't be annoying to have PWM going for 6 hours nonstop. People will only hear the songs on the main TV. Anyone playing on expert will automatically beat out those on lower difficulties at the finalist station. I am not going to turn on no-fail, so that only really capable expert players have a good chance to win, as it should be. I will also reserve the right to send those who didn't win their face-off to the finalist station, just in case two AWESOME players end up against each other.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: