ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Now $4.99 at Gamestop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocker74  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Now $4.99 at Gamestop Reply with quote

I had been thinking about getting this for a while now since it was only $9.99. When I saw it was only $4.99 today, I grabbed it up.
thesentence  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's even almost worth it for $5

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking of picking it up just for the sake of having something new to play, and an addition to my library of games.. (yeah, I like having a big selection of games >.>'.. But it's hard as I'm broke most times)

Is it worth it?

Mind you.. I'm not really planning on investing a terribly large amount of time into it. I am somewhat committed to some other games, if you will.. And don't think I'll spend A LOT of time on it.

I mean.. I will if I like it.. But I fear the engine is going to be such a big turnoff for me.. I will not spend enough time to get used to it and actually get to where I can play the game well.

And say, is it a very big difference from usual games like GH/RB? Like, being familiar with those will I likely be able to pick this up and go straight to expert? Or is it sort of a new type of thing?
Check out some of my guides:
Guide To Rasing SH Score Rank - http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73482&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
I try to make electronic music: Http://www.myspace.com/soundteq
Almost 60 GH5 XFCs
JRyder  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For fucks sakes, you're getting 41 songs on an engine that you WILL get used to if you just play it for a LITTLE bit, some cool gameplay modes, and some covers which are actually not that bad at all, for the price of 2 1/2 DLC songs.

Yes, a thousand times yes, it's worth it. I fucking paid full price for the thing and I don't regret it much. I would've paid maybe twenty bucks less. MAYBE. And that's mostly the fault of pesky online achievements and lack of score-tracking on ScoreHero. If it would've had score-tracking, I would be all over this bitch.

Rocker74  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The games definitely worth $5. It would cost more than that to rent it for 3 days at my video store. The main reason I wanted it was for the Pantera pack, that alone made it worth it to me.
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesentence wrote:

This. Im surprised it took the game that long to get to this price. I figured it should have came out at this price.....would have sold better.

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ajanata  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRyder wrote:
For fucks sakes, you're getting 41 songs on an engine that you WILL get used to if you just play it for a LITTLE bit, some cool gameplay modes, and some covers which are actually not that bad at all, for the price of 2 1/2 DLC songs.

Yes, a thousand times yes, it's worth it. I fucking paid full price for the thing and I don't regret it much. I would've paid maybe twenty bucks less. MAYBE. And that's mostly the fault of pesky online achievements and lack of score-tracking on ScoreHero. If it would've had score-tracking, I would be all over this bitch.

THIS. I'm in pretty much the exact same boat. If there'd be decent scoretracking for this I'd play it at least once a month. The in-game leaderboards are nigh impossible to read though.

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarGeek08 wrote:
thesentence wrote:

This. Im surprised it took the game that long to get to this price. I figured it should have came out at this price.....would have sold better.

And I'm still paying $70 for it... Damn this country. Still, it seems worth it for about $5, go for it. More power to ya.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
Evster  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite a deal for a NEW game. Def worth $5. I thought the achievements were fun to get. Except the online ones, since it doesn't exist.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought it and can gladly say this was better then 5 dollars =D I reccomend to anyone who has 6 dollars in change lying around.

ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Best Buy has all their copies 50% off of 4.99$. So I picked it up for about the price of 1 DLC song. If anyone is interested, try checking there.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to pick this up and ended up getting it for free.

My buddy was with me at the time and he saw that I was about to pay for it. He starts freaking out about how "its such a terrible game you're going to regret spending $5 on it!!!!"

So I explained to him that $5 for 40 some odd songs (even though pretty much all of them are covers) is worth it.

He told me I was wrong and that he'd prove it to me.

He pulls out 5.whatever and tells me he's going to pay for it just to prove that I'm going to hate it.

I have no idea how that made sense but I was all over that.

So I got this game for $0.00.

I'm going to be honest though... I'm really glad I didn't pay the $5. I was on the fence about buying this game for some time... I like maybe 3 of the charts. That's certainly enough to warrant a 30 second walk to Gamestop in the mall where I work during my break... but I don't think I'd pay $5 for roughly 3 charts that I enjoy (keep in mind CHARTS, not the song).

If you can stand the covers, I recommend you pick this up for the $5. If you can find it for cheaper (used for instance), I recommend you pick it up for that. If you can find a friend that's hell bent on proving you wrong and is willing to foot the bill for the game to do so, then by all means, go that route. lol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey for $5 you can pull it out for friends every once in a while and laugh on how badly konami missed the boat on rock based music games...
3 VoxDrumTar (at the same time) Triple Expert FC's
Hardest So far: Charlene (I'm Right Behind You) Triple FC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: randomTANG3NT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: