ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
scratching

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
higgatron  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: scratching Reply with quote

a lot of us are having problems with the unidirectional multiscratch. it's as hard as that phrase is to say. basically, you get repeat sections of either up or down arrows and it seems impossible since you can only turn the platter so much before you spin yourself around. i started this thread so there is now one place for all scratching tips. what's been working for me is having dj skills but seriously - to register a movement doesn't take a lot. try to find the bare minimum of movement you need to get the game to score a scratch and WORK THE SHIT out of it. being a dj, you get used to pulling records back really really fast so my hand is already there. if it's just not working, find another position to play from on the songs you're having trouble on. if you're about to play a song with a ridiculous unidirectional multiscratch (i love the way that sounds) set your platter up if you know it's coming (scratch fucking perverts) like giving yourself some room for pushing and pulling. i know it won't work everytime but it'll help

my problem is i get excited and my finger slips off the blue button. i know someone said skateboard grip tape but there's gotta be a nonspecific fix i can use. i'm gonna put a band-aid on my fingertip and see if that helps (cotton away from button)

toymachine  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zak123 was saying with unidirectional scratches it's best to tap the button as you move forward/backward if that helps anyone.
sXeSTI  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For unidirectional scratches I've been using a tap method as well. Tap move forward, lift, move back, tap move forward etc. Holding it and just moving forward can work for like 2-3 scratches in a row, but after that point it can get a little rough. :p Especially depending on where you start the scratch at on the platter.
someguy913  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to make things more complicated than they need to be, and this might just be another example of that tendency... but the way that seemed to conserve the most platter space for me was to think of the repeated unidirectional scratches as accented bidirectional scratches (this may be the drummer in me speaking, and is probably not very DJ-ish...). In other words, there seems to be a certain amount of play in the window or threshold where, for instance, during a sequence of repeated up-scratches you can move the platter down a little bit without it counting as an actual scratch. So, if you move the platter back a little bit after each up-scratch, it keeps you in virtually the same spot so you won't run out of platter room. Now, this doesn't always work for me and may very well be more trouble that it's worth, but that what I've come up with so far. Then again, I'm no Rubiks.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: someguy913ps PSN Name: someguy913
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing around with that same thing someguy. I've found there -is- some buffer you can move back. But I haven't gotten a reliable amount yet... I'll combo some sections and not combo others doing (what seems to me like) the same thing..

I've also tried the button push method.. same as above, it isn't very reliable. I'd guess that EITHER would work well if you just practiced it ALOT... I'm gonna try the pull back method today though..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your hold your palm on the controler you can use your thumb+allfinguers a lot to push up or down with no effort
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: