ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
What are you Capable of OUTSIDE of Guitar Hero?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BA142  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm good at portraying myself to my optimal potentials on a video game website where nobody can actually know if I'm legit or lying about my real life skills
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play guitar all day everyday. I'm not obssessed, I'm dedicated. I can play One by Metallica all the way up to past the second solo (can't do the darkness riff yet).
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
Hafkie  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very good at not being good at anything.
-My cooking is average
-I'm not athletic
-My social life is plain
-I'm not in shape
-I have no real talents
-I'm not a good speaker nor am I good with other people.

I guess I am good at being average.
cobainage1994  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BioHazardABZ wrote:
I can state all 50 states in about 20 seconds.

Hmm, it does take about 20 seconds to sing the 50 nifty states song....

Anywho..

I can drum pretty well.

I can play a little bit of guitar, but drums are by far my primary instrument.

I am a really good bargain hunter. I buy my shampooo, conditioner, body wash, condoms,and all of my shirts off ebay.

I also make it well known that I shop on ebay, so when other people want things, i buy it for them, and Ebay gives me 2% of whatever they buy, to use on myself.

I know a lot about classic rock and 90s grunge/alternative. Dates, band members, and such.

I am good with numbers, and quick with mental math.

I enjoy accounting, and am fairly good at it.

Though I am good with numbers, I am terrible with english, and more "sophisticated" words. My girlfriends roomate has a list of words on her fridge that I did not know that many people use in everyday conversation. The list gets on average a new word a day.

Though I have a very tiny build (I am 5-10 142lbs), I actually work out a lot. I can bench press 3 sets of 10 with 125 lbs. And can squat my friend 12 times who weighs 160 lbs.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robster wrote:

I am very flexible, lots of kids in my school who I don't even know are like "Aren't you the kid who can do a split and put both his feet behind his head?" and then ask me for a demonstration. Most of the ones that actually know me have gotten tired of it by now.

This is also me. The average on the sit and reach for a 13 year old is like 26". I got 40" and im 12.
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
1ofakind  

Location: San Jose, CA (More specificly, Scotts Valley but their close enough together.)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually very athletic, despite popular belief. I also canhazplaereeltar quite well, but I'm not in a band or anything. I also have a vast knowlege for most things music related and obscure facts, for example: did you know that 80% of men who cheat on their wives die while having sex?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm semi-athletic, I'm good at making people pissed off (On purpose but I just do it to people I know obviously.

I'm absolute garbage when it comes to telling jokes. I prefer to make people laugh with sarcasms (not mean ones).

I can do many things with a soccer ball and I'm the fastest reader that I know. I can also write texts very quickly, often finishing tests 30-50 minutes before the average guy (and still having better marks). I used to be able to have great marks without studying but I'm in college now and my "magick" is starting to go away.

I'm also extremely good at reading english, semi-good at writing/understanding it orally and meh at speaking it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is kinda insulting to Guitar Hero experts. Thank god I'm a noob.

I play Piano very well (been playing for over 9 years)
I also play Flute, Xylophone and I'm learning Guitar
I'm a music composer, on all genres but focusing on Classical atm (I have absolute pitch, if you know what it means)
I'm a web designer and I know basic programming
I'm a graphical artist, both on paper and digital (Photoshop)
What else... Ermm...
I speak Persian, English and a little Arabic and I'm learning Finnish, if that counts too.

Edit: Forgot to tell that my typing speed is around 85 WPM. Not ultra fast but it's enough for me. ;)

Rock Hero Community (For all Guitar Hero players and fans)
http://rockhero.gamingzion.net
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one more I can add.

I went to my first rave, seen someone with a 2 LED orbit. I seen how it was, and i'm like, OMG MUST HAVE.

1 month later of playing and perfecting making them, I can make a star orbit, using a single shoestring (most important for doing tricks).

I've gotten better in the vid, even more so that one of my friends who likes to go to raves a lot, said he never seen anyone as good with an orbit as me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aMhXpEbYo4

The wind you hear in the video is how fast the orbit is spinning. I've learned a few more tricks since then too, like different shapes with slower parts of the song

I've gotten REALLY good. Learning shorter string, and starting transitioning my hands so when it rotates, it looks like its rotating on its axis. I need to make a new video, with the music in the background. I also control the speeds of the orbit with the beat of the music.

Last edited by Squirrel on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Hoyoooo
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hafkie wrote:
I'm very good at not being good at anything.
-My cooking is average
-I'm not athletic
-My social life is plain
-I'm not in shape
-I have no real talents
-I'm not a good speaker nor am I good with other people.

I guess I am good at being average.

Pretty much me, except Im 'somewhat' athletic (played BAsketball and Baseball in HS, playing Intermural Basketball in college) and 'somewhat' in shape.

Outside of video games... my life sucks haha.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck school dude. Games are more important than school =p

I write....for fun...

Drum.............

Baseball...........
GuitaringEgg  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm relatively (i.e. within my friends/school) good at Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros.
Do well in all classes (All A's bar English last year, I just can't do it...)
Good at guitar
Best in school at swimming, beat people 3/4 years older than me when I was 14.

I also seem to excel at most things I do, and learn very quickly. Nice quality's I think.

Also, I've just relised, I'm decent at most sports. Swimming, basketball, rugby, shotput/discus are my better sports. I don't do so well at running sports.

5/1/09 - Bought DragonForce pack
12/1/09 - All DragonForce Songs 5*'d
18/1/09 - BoS
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: GuitaringEgg Wii Friend Code: 133260988829
dweedman  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can cook bacon.

But seriously, I pwn everyone else in my class at IT, and I play drums
Did I mention I can cook bacon?

Massive thank you to the Scorehero mods for de-PermaRockering me after 6-7 dreadful years
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: da dan101
olle92  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thread. It's nice to get to know the people of SH a bit better

HellAshes  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see here. Here are some musical things:
-In Jr. High, I took 4 semesters worth of musical theory with my private teacher in a single year. (I was at this guys house EVERY day learning from him. He was my private trumpet teacher as well.)
-I have perfect pitch. (To anyone who doesn't know what that means; I can hear a note, even from things that aren't musical instruments, and know exactly what note it is immediately.)
-I've played the trumpet for 10 years and in high school I had a chance to audition for the NY All-State Jazz Band. (Too bad I basically put the instrument down when my private teacher made me play it to death and get tired of it. :P)
-I've played the piano for 6 years.
-I've been taking voice lessons for 3 years, and have a very wide range. The lowest note I've ever sang was an E2 (The same note as the low E string on a guitar is played open.), and the highest note I've ever sang was a Bb6. (The same note that's played on the 18th fret of the high E string of a guitar. Don't ask me to reach this note, as my voice sounds worse than Axl Rose when I go for it. )
-I've played the guitar for 3 years, and I'm already better than most people I know who've played it for over 5 years.
-I write a lot of original music, ranging from metal songs on guitar, to classical piano pieces, and I've even attempted to write an Orchestral piece.

Other things:
-I'm naturally really good at sports that have a racket. (This includes tennis, racquetball, badminton, and table tennis.) I think I would have been a great baseball player if I had played it as a kid, since I think I have a natural knack for that as well.
-Since I've been playing video games all my life, especially Sonic games, I have very fast reflexes.
-I ran cross country in high school. My best on the 5k was 20:06. I wanted to break 20 minutes so bad. >____>
-I'm a very fast sprinter. I was the best in my class at the shuttle run my senior year, and 3rd best at the 50 yard dash.
-I don't get stage fright. I don't know how much of a skill this is, but I know a lot of people have a problem with it. Any presentation I do, any shows I play; I don't get nervous.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 17 of 20

Jump to: