ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DJ Hero Install?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AbXtreme  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: DJ Hero Install? Reply with quote

I've just got DJ Hero today, it's all great and all, but I'm having abit of a problem.

So for the 360, I always Install games that I know I'd play for eternally (Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero 5 are prime examples), I tried this for DJ Hero but it made a clicking noise and couldn't install at all.

At first I thought it was a console fault, I done the same for Left 4 Dead 2 after I played abit of DJ and that Installed with no problems.

Does DJ Hero not have an Install capability? If it ain't then my problems are sorted, but if there is, why ain't it working, the disc is working fine btw.

EDIT: Oh balls, forgot I posted at the wrong part of the forum, would a mod kindly move this for me ^^
[http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=539942#539942/]
^ BRING THE DRUM & BASS TO ROCK BAND! ^
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Andoryuu X PSN Name: CrimsonMastodon
ChrisDGAF13  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed it with no problem
nytelyte  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine installed no problem. *shrug*
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
AbXtreme  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but I'm wondering why the hell mine ain't working, the disc is absolutely fine, no scratches or anything.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Andoryuu X PSN Name: CrimsonMastodon
mDaWg  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be your DVD drive

Especially if it's a hitachi.

I fix xboxes all the time and have had nothing but problems with older samsung and hitachi dvd drives...

I've also seen some weird issues here and there with the newer BenQ and LiteOn drives.

If you know what you're doing, I'd recommend swapping it and trying another one. I had an older Samsung in mine that gave me nothing but issues... bought a brand new BenQ drive on ebay for 25 bucks and put it in. Works like a charm now.

Mostly the ones that have weird issues are the LiteOn and BenQ drives, like you're describing trying to install...

There's also a rare chance the disc could have a bad sector (sometimes called blocks on cd/dvd media) on it too. It might boot normally because when you play from the disc, you don't always access 100% of the data on it (menus, options, audio, controller etc). Installing it to the hard drive however, will need to access all the information in order to copy it over.

I'd say find a friend or ask the store where you got it to swap the disc if you don't have the ability to swap out the DVD drive (Installing a new DVD drive requires flashing the firmware in order to match your xbox).

Otherwise, I'd blame the hard drive. There's always the possibility of bad sectors... but seeing as you installed Left 4 Dead 2, I'd still blame the DVD drive/Disc.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh, don't worry, I'm going to go get a replacement tomorrow, disc and turntable (since that's broke too)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: