ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Ohio Guitar Hero Tournament: Update 5 Results!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UltraToteBox  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt6662 wrote:
Shit, a family emergency just happened and I might not be able to be in state come Saturday. Fuck and I was real hopeful about this...

thats ok, i kno you where looking foward to this too =(, hope everything ends up ok in your family emergency
200 Expert FC's In 3 GH games (GHIII,GHA,GHWT)

OHIO GUITAR HERO TOURNAMENT!!!!CLICK HERE!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Susan Boyle
SirRice  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks man, hope whoever it is gets better, or if it's not that, I'll pray whatever it is gets cleared up :P

Wow, looks like this could be pretty huge! I wouldn't mind getting to meet a bunch of hardcore GH guys. wuLFe in person? :O

Also, to those who were saying, "I'm not going because [person better than me] is" or even casually saying things, don't think about that! Just go to have fun! Heck, free food? Guitar Hero? That makes me want to go. I haven't played GH seriously in months, and no doubt will I be pretty rusty. However, I'm just going cause it sounds pretty fun, getting to hang out and play Guitar Hero. I'm sure watching people will be fun, too.

Basically, in summary, can't wait to come! Should be a good turnout and a lot of fun
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirRice wrote:
That sucks man, hope whoever it is gets better, or if it's not that, I'll pray whatever it is gets cleared up :P

Wow, looks like this could be pretty huge! I wouldn't mind getting to meet a bunch of hardcore GH guys. wuLFe in person? :O

Also, to those who were saying, "I'm not going because [person better than me] is" or even casually saying things, don't think about that! Just go to have fun! Heck, free food? Guitar Hero? That makes me want to go. I haven't played GH seriously in months, and no doubt will I be pretty rusty. However, I'm just going cause it sounds pretty fun, getting to hang out and play Guitar Hero. I'm sure watching people will be fun, too.

Basically, in summary, can't wait to come! Should be a good turnout and a lot of fun

He was in the band I drummed for in a full band competition a while back.

/bragging
UltraToteBox  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

think you can make it freexbird?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Susan Boyle
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraToteBox wrote:

Yep, I'm coming. Is this thing starting IMMEDIATELY after the block party starts? I maybe wanted to get some food and something to drink beforehand. It's no big deal, I was just wondering how strict you were gonna be about signing up and starting, etc.
UltraToteBox  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeXBird wrote:
UltraToteBox wrote:

Yep, I'm coming. Is this thing starting IMMEDIATELY after the block party starts? I maybe wanted to get some food and something to drink beforehand. It's no big deal, I was just wondering how strict you were gonna be about signing up and starting, etc.

well the Bparty starts right at 3:00 and registration for the tourney starts at 3:10-3:30, so you can come right at 3:00, get some food/drink, then register, or register at 3:10, and have a free 20 minutes to do whatever you want (get food/drink, pratice some GH, hang out with some people, whatevery), but im gunna message everybody saying they all have to be in the tourney room at 3:30,

and if you have a latter spot in the tourney, you can do other things then, just got to be back in time to play your spot

FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, my friend is spending the night then coming tomorrow. He hasn't played in forever, but he's gonna play in the hard bracket.
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prizes wrote:
Prizes
Expert
• 1: 100$ Gift Card To Gamestop
• 2: Guitar Hero: Smash Hits (The Game)
• 3: 30$ Gift Card To Gamestop

I only got a $25 gift card. Haha, it's $5, no problem. Who won the tournament? Does he go here?
bt21milton  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah my friend said he was like top 20 or something. not sure on what game though. i got 1st on hard
UltraToteBox  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeXBird wrote:
Prizes wrote:
Prizes
Expert
• 1: 100$ Gift Card To Gamestop
• 2: Guitar Hero: Smash Hits (The Game)
• 3: 30$ Gift Card To Gamestop

I only got a $25 gift card. Haha, it's $5, no problem. Who won the tournament? Does he go here?

lol my bad, gamestop only had $25 and $50 gift cards =( i gave hard a extra 5 and rip you off, ill repay you the next tourney we have

the guy who won it was bsc1230, i believe he was the 2nd person ever to FC raining blood, after JLC. his Yoututbe channel is iambsc1230, his original channel got haxed, and it had ALOT more vids than his newer one =( but he's really good, one on the best if not the best in ohio

Last edited by UltraToteBox on Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, it's ok. But yeah, you should have another one soon. Hopefully there won't be >40 people next time.
UltraToteBox  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeXBird wrote:
Haha, it's ok. But yeah, you should have another one soon. Hopefully there won't be >40 people next time.

theres going to be one next year around this time for sure (alreay got the ok) but i would like to get another one started sooner (mabey right after GH:VH is released sightread contest lol

and message to everybody reading this, i updated the original post and it has the results and final outcome of everything, if you want another tournament and want to suggest anything, just message me and ill listen to your idea's! thanks again, (this will probly be unsticky/locked tomorow)

Last edited by UltraToteBox on Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
FreeXBird  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Thanks Bsc for letting me use the Les Paul and whoever owned the brown Les Paul. I'm pretty sure my dad filmed my rounds, so if you want I can try to see if we can upload them. :P

EDIT: Haha. All of those were sightreads, so I guess I did pretty well.
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you guys had a fun time - I ended up having to do an antique drive that Saturday (sigh - the things we do for our significant others), so couldn't make it - I'll try and make the next one though
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
ArthritisHero  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraToteBox, this is variationalstar. I completely forgot my password and so i made this new, dumb name up. I cam to the competition this year and had a great time
idk if you remember, but you said that if anything like it was done again, you would PM me... well, obviously that wouldnt work. idk if youll ever see this post, but if anything happens then make sure you PM this new account. Because i would love to come again!
haha, and hopefully with better luck. the same guy that beat you had beaten me in the very first round :P
GHV: 16/47 {The Takedown, Cathedral, I Want It All}
GHM: 16/49 {Fuel, Stone Cold Crazy}
BH: 58/65 {Take a Picture, Y.M.C.A., Lifeline, Gasoline, Picture to Burn}

Any Instrument FC's: 230
My Thread of Accomplishments

~ARTHRITIS RIVALRIES! NOW OPEN!~ (XGuitar)
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock | Guitar Hero: Metallica | Guitar Hero 5 | Guitar Hero: Van Halen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: