Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
View's on Africa and their people
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
snake345  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: View's on Africa and their people Reply with quote

This may seem highly offensive but in my opinion, the people in the poor side of Africa should have their women steralised to stop them having children and making them suffer. Maybe their population will die out, but then there will be no sufferance, and Northern Africa has more money. Maybe Southern Africa will become deserted but why let little children suffer? Or they could get transferred to another country rather than living in a hell hole.

Many of people such as family and friends have agreed with me but what are your views?

Once again I don't mean this to be evil but I've seen many views on this and wanted to elaborate on who pitches in.

Once again, my views are, I don't want to see other people and children suffering.

Add me on xbox live ^^
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was blunt. In any case, I won't go into an in depth argument about this for one side or the other, because I am not really leaning towards either option being better... what I will say, however, is that personally, I would rather live a very difficult life than none at all. As long as I have the ability to consciously think, I will be satisfied. If that idea proves to be wrong, which I doubt it would, suicide is possible.
snake345  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to SH this post is on watch O,o

Anyways, I just think of that because children suffering isn't very nice, and as everyone knows, they don't need our money to help them, they can provide this stuff, instead of money off of us, why not the government transfer some money over, lets say £1m? Due to the face the government has BILLIONS of money, they can't give it them now obviously due to the bad timing of the Olympics (Which they shouldn't host here in the UK because they can't afford it and the country will go down the drain with prophits) and with that the money goes down, but if after the Olympics the money shoots up again then they should give some money towards helping Africa so then the view of steralising the mothers dissapears and they'll live a happy life and the place will be MUCH better off!

Add me on xbox live ^^
snowyporpoise  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

population control is a pretty controversial thing to discuss, but it must be brought up in the future. This may seem radical but a one child per couple law or something along the lines of that MUST be put forth or our resources will be gone, and we all die.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowyporpoise wrote:
population control is a pretty controversial thing to discuss, but it must be brought up in the future. This may seem radical but a one child per couple law or something along the lines of that MUST be put forth or our resources will be gone, and we all die.

Isn't China already doing this?

EDIT: I know this thread is about Africa, but I thought I'd bring up this point about China for discussion purposes, I guess.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
Smeddy24  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snake345 wrote:
Due to the face the government has BILLIONS of money, they can't give it them now obviously due to the bad timing of the Olympics (Which they shouldn't host here in the UK because they can't afford it and the country will go down the drain with prophits) and with that the money goes down, but if after the Olympics the money shoots up again then they should give some money towards helping Africa so then the view of steralising the mothers dissapears and they'll live a happy life and the place will be MUCH better off!
If you think people will have a happy life knowing their culture is doomed, you don't understand people at all.

EDIT:
sorasgoof wrote:
snowyporpoise wrote:

EDIT: I know this thread is about Africa, but I thought I'd bring up this point about China for discussion purposes, I guess.

There's a big difference between population control and killing a race, which sterilization does.

Last edited by Smeddy24 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Wii Friend Code: 0996709048994381
snake345  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But wouldn't we have people working over their? Delivering things they've harvested?

By the way, this was brought up in Geography (Same with the Olympics idea) and it's ALSO ONE OF the reasons I wanted to bring up

Add me on xbox live ^^
snake345  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorasgoof wrote:
snowyporpoise wrote:

China have already done this and if it's a girl they're allowed to throw her on the streets as they want to carry on the family name with males?

Add me on xbox live ^^
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smeddy24 wrote:

EDIT:
sorasgoof wrote:
snowyporpoise wrote:

There's a big difference between population control and killing a race, which sterilization does.

I believe snowyporpoise specifically said "population control," which is what I was commenting on.

EDIT: He also mentioned the "one-child policy," which China also does.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
Smeddy24  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorasgoof wrote:
Smeddy24 wrote:

EDIT:
sorasgoof wrote:
snowyporpoise wrote:

I believe snowyporpoise specifically said "population control," which is what I was commenting on.

EDIT: He also mentioned the "one-child policy," which China also does.

Yes, but a protracted genocide and population control are very different things, and, as abhorrent as the latter is, it's a huge slander to put it in the same category as forced sterilization.

I'd like to also criticize the racism/euro-centrism of sterilizing an entire continent. It's the humane thing for us to do? They're not dogs, they're people. They can make their own decisions, and "we" as non-Africans have no business coming in and performing invasive surgery on half the populace.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smeddy24 wrote:
I'd like to also criticize the racism/euro-centrism of sterilizing an entire continent. It's the humane thing for us to do? They're not dogs, they're people. They can make their own decisions, and "we" as non-Africans have no business coming in and performing invasive surgery on half the populace.

But this is neither racism nor euro-centrism. This whole thing is based on fact, which does not constitute either; opinion does. Arrogant and immoral maybe, but not racist or euro-centric.

While I agree that we (non-Africans) have no right to perform such actions on the African people, this is very similar to the ever-enduring euthanasia argument, but replace terminal patients with poor African women. It's not right to bring up a child that way but we have no place either sterilizing them or controlling their population.

This sounds similar to the euthanasia argument, it is basically their (Africa's) decision. I highly doubt they would consent to such surgery but in any case, we don't have the right to decide for them.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts I make in this thread are solely my opinion and are not intended to, directly or indirectly, flame or offend another user(s).
Smeddy24  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:

But this is neither racism nor euro-centrism. This whole thing is based on fact, which does not constitute either; opinion does. Arrogant and immoral maybe, but not racist or euro-centric.

That arrogance is racist in its origin, though. I'm not arguing the poverty; I'm saying that "Oh my god, look how terrible it is! We have to put them out of their misery" is racist. It says we're better than them, our comparative wealth makes it okay, if regrettable to spay and neuter them. And the argument here isn't "Let's end the suffering of all the impoverished". There's poor on every continent. The suggestion doesn't include the poor in the former soviet states, nor those in Central America or Asia. It's maybe presumptuous to call it racism, but the persistent views of Africa as a primitive, uncultured waste are racist in nature, and the origin of this topic.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smeddy24 wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:

That arrogance is racist in its origin, though. I'm not arguing the poverty; I'm saying that "Oh my god, look how terrible it is! We have to put them out of their misery" is racist. It says we're better than them, our comparative wealth makes it okay, if regrettable to spay and neuter them. And the argument here isn't "Let's end the suffering of all the impoverished". There's poor on every continent. The suggestion doesn't include the poor in the former soviet states, nor those in Central America or Asia. It's maybe presumptuous to call it racism, but the persistent views of Africa as a primitive, uncultured waste are racist in nature, and the origin of this topic.

But Africans are worse off than the rest of the world, I would rather help them me. I think, Dave Grohl, feels the same as he gave a lot of money to help them That's off topic but you get what I mean right?

Add me on xbox live ^^
Smeddy24  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snake345 wrote:

But Africans are worse off than the rest of the world, I would rather help them me. I think, Dave Grohl, feels the same as he gave a lot of money to help them That's off topic but you get what I mean right?

Killing a culture doesn't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smeddy24 wrote:
snake345 wrote:

Killing a culture doesn't help it.

Though I disagree with killing a culture completely off, think of the millions of children that, although they will not live, they wouldn't suffer through the absolute hell of the poorer regions of Africa. They can't suffer if they don't have the chance to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: