ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
drum usage question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tommah  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: drum usage question Reply with quote

I know I probably won't get an answer to this cause the forum is dead, but ...

I just picked the game up for like a buck, but am unable to try it out at the moment ... I know you can use competitor's drums and it will automatically read which you're using, but here's my question ... I have an electronic drumset that I also use a lot with games: connect it right to my PC and play DTXMania (amazing game), and connect it to the GT:WT drums via Midi port and am able to use it with Rock Band and Guitar Hero. So here's my question ...

would it automatically read my drums (going through GT drums) as GT:WT drums, or would I be able to change it to Rock Revolution's original 7 button setup (which still isn't that much since I'm used to DTXMania's 10 button setup)?

P.S. why do all the reviews complain about the 2-d paths? one isn't ACTUALLY better than the other... most people are just used to 3-d.... even though the 2-d paths came first.
KrakenEater  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure it would just be the same as if you regularly used the WT drums - don't they just map midis from the edrums to specific pads? I do know that the Sethbox will let you play with the full array.

...But if you have the drums, the WT set, and the game, why don't you just test it out? Welcome to SH, by the way.

[edit] About the 2d/3d - Rock Revolution is obviously targeting the GH/RB crowd by letting them use their old instruments, and they are obviously used to the 3d. This game was just marketed to seem more as a GH/RB thing than a Konami thing. That's my idea, anyway.

Also, do you mean GH:WT? I presume so, but there might be something I'm completely missing...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply and thanks for the "welcome"

yea, I just wasn't sure if it automatically changes the charts or if you have to change it in options or something, because I'm sure if you can change it in options, I can just leave it as the original setup and use GT:WT drums (midi) with edrums.

I would love to try it out, but unfortunately I can't and won't be able to for roughly a week

I dunno, I just don't see what's wrong with the whole 2-d/3-d thing. I feel comfortable with both and I'm sure if people didn't write it off right away as being "stupid". *note* this is not me reviewing the game in any way, just my opinion of the "highway"
tommah  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crap... the only button that I can't find a midi number is the grey pad, or whatever it is.... guess I'm gonna have to settle for the 5 pad :-(
HerbieHero  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, you do have to manually select the 5-lane layout, as I discovered when I tried to use my RB2 drums. Incidentally, whichever channel one of the RR-only pads (IIRC, the gray one) is on is the same channel that the RB2 kit uses to differentiate cymbal hits from pad hits if you have the cymbal expansions, as I discovered in my misguided attempt to play the 7-lane layout with my RB2 drums.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: