ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Un-Official NFL Thread Season II: Post-Overhyped-Event Time!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 123, 124, 125  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we have an interesting game tomorrow? Please?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 for 2 on the day, not much to say other than that the Colts dominated as did the Saints. Also, watching NFL in HD is effing amazing, I just found this out.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring us some better games.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
ES942  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the Saints game was fun to watch, despite how much they won by. I have to get lucky by picking Dallas over Minnesota, should be a good game.
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the Saints and Packers D's play role-reversal the past two weeks? I figured if the Cardinals could destroy the Packers D, the Saints D, who is much worse, would get the same thing...but no. o_O The Cardinals made so many mistakes that I facepalmed. It's like the Saints were covered in lube; they broke so many Cardinals tackles that it's absurd. No way would the Saints do that to any other team left, IMO(in fact I say they'd lose to over half the teams left).

The Colts-Ravens game didn't surprise me at all, the Ravens never impressed me. The problem with the Colts is that they gave the Ravens many opportunities to get back into the game(especially the two INT's on one drive that were both nullified, one by fumbling the pick and one by flag), but the Ravens blew them all. The Colts need to shake off the rust entirely, or else the Jets OR Chargers will give them hell.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianBAM19 wrote:
Did the Saints and Packers D's play role-reversal the past two weeks? I figured if the Cardinals could destroy the Packers D, the Saints D, who is much worse, would get the same thing...but no. o_O The Cardinals made so many mistakes that I facepalmed. It's like the Saints were covered in lube; they broke so many Cardinals tackles that it's absurd. No way would the Saints do that to any other team left, IMO(in fact I say they'd lose to over half the teams left).

The Colts-Ravens game didn't surprise me at all, the Ravens never impressed me. The problem with the Colts is that they gave the Ravens many opportunities to get back into the game(especially the two INT's on one drive that were both nullified, one by fumbling the pick and one by flag), but the Ravens blew them all. The Colts need to shake off the rust entirely, or else the Jets OR Chargers will give them hell.

Can we now say that the Cardinals defense was the worse defensive performance in the history of the NFL playoffs?

They didn't exactly play well in the first half of the Packers game, and played a bunch of 2nd stringers for a bit of the second half of the Saints game. But man oh man, the 2nd half of the Packers game and 1st half of the Saints game... worse 60 minutes of defensive play ever?... geez

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing went right for the Bears all season, but this is just tragic.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4833908

Bears DE Gaines Adams dies at age 26 from apparently cardiac arrest due to an enlarged heart. First Chris Henry, now Adams? Damn...R.I.P. guys.

KoE wrote:
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianBAM19 wrote:
Nothing went right for the Bears all season, but this is just tragic.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4833908

Bears DE Gaines Adams dies at age 26 from apparently cardiac arrest due to an enlarged heart. First Chris Henry, now Adams? Damn...R.I.P. guys.

I wonder if recent news will inspire anyone to create/simplify a test to look for an enlarged heart, if it all possible (I am not a med student =P).

Between Adams and that Kentucky basketball player that died last week with having an enlarged heart, you have to wonder if a normal sports physical should start to test players for these things, at least at these high levels of play.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
fUNC  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

internetguy87 wrote:
They didn't exactly play well in the first half of the Packers game, and played a bunch of 2nd stringers for a bit of the second half of the Saints game. But man oh man, the 2nd half of the Packers game and 1st half of the Saints game... worse 60 minutes of defensive play ever?... geez

Pretty close. I looked up playoff results during a couple of commercial breaks today*, and it looks like there have been a few amazingly bad ones. The record still goes to the Bears shellacking of the Redskins in the 1940 championship game 73-0, but in the modern era, I'd say either Philly hanging 58 on the Lions back in 1996 or Montana's 49ers beating Denver 55-10 in the Super Bowl probably takes it.

Come on, Dallas or Jets/Chargers- give us a good game already.

*Yep, I have no life

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was about the last thing I expected. Oh well...Dallas won a playoff game at least. Fire Jason Garrett though, seriously. We have a retarded monkey running the play calls, we'd be so much better without him.

Secondly, I hope the Vikings get their asses murdered next week. It has nothing to do with the Cowboys game today either. The Vikings are so fucking arrogant and classless...similar to why the Patriots bug me. I'm sick of Favre and I'm sick of arrogance...so fuck you Vikings. If anyone else wins, I'm happy.

KoE wrote:
BioHazardABZ  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WO Vikes. way to woop the Cowgirls. Saints are up next. And will be down next.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BiohazardABZ Wii Friend Code: 266453013085
Twang  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Cowboys. They win when I want them to, and they lose when I want them to.

I was worried about this game all week, and it just so happened to turn out great for me. Next week at the Saints, though...that's going to have me shaking. That's a beast of a team. That's not to say we don't also have a beastly team.

PS. WOOOO!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
ES942  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sports gods don't like it when teams run the score up like that. Minnesota won't beat New Orleans.
82erkle  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BioHazardABZ wrote:
WO Vikes. way to woop the Cowgirls. Saints are up next. And will be down next.

^This.

Wow, the vikings are going far. To be honest, I thought Dallas was going to give them a real run for their money. Guess not :P.

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
fUNC  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ES942 wrote:
The sports gods don't like it when teams run the score up like that. Minnesota won't beat New Orleans.

So Reggie Bush should've stopped short of the end zone yesterday?

Please. It's the playoffs. Childress had every right to keep his starters in after they went up 24-3. I'm not saying it was a smart decision, but his guys potentially have all of nine quarters left to play this season.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At leas the Jets-Chargers game is close unlike the others so far. Good job D. WTF Offense. >_>

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 123, 124, 125  Next
Page 105 of 125

Jump to: