Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Keeping your teeth healthy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YouJustWanna  

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Keeping your teeth healthy Reply with quote

What are some ways to keep healthy teeth? Other than brushing of course

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flossing.

>_____________________________________>

But try to cut down on sodas and carbonated drinks, sugar, all that bad stuff. Brush and floss every day, maybe use mouthwash... make sure you go to the dentist regularly (like once every six months should be fine) I don't really follow my own advice, but I just love soda too much. :p
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Smeddy24  

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a ll a crock cooked up by the self-interested dental industry. Any kid born since fluoridation became popular doesn't need to worry about it. By the time you get your adult teeth, they'll never waste away. Word is, people born before fluoridation (baby boomers and earlier) could put a tooth they lost in a little bit of soda, and it'd be gone within a week. Totally disintegrated. Now? Your tooth'll be there for months, if it ever dissolves. All thanks to fluoride.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smeddy24 wrote:
It's a ll a crock cooked up by the self-interested dental industry. Any kid born since fluoridation became popular doesn't need to worry about it. By the time you get your adult teeth, they'll never waste away. Word is, people born before fluoridation (baby boomers and earlier) could put a tooth they lost in a little bit of soda, and it'd be gone within a week. Totally disintegrated. Now? Your tooth'll be there for months, if it ever dissolves. All thanks to fluoride.

I only drink water. No soda for me. Doesnt water have fluoride in it?

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouJustWanna wrote:
Smeddy24 wrote:

The amount depends on the source.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DemonHybrid23
Boomsars  

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluoride in water doesn't really matter. Smeddy was just saying that soda is not nearly as unhealthy for your teeth as it used to be. My dentist told me that soda with a meal isn't too bad for you, but if you drink a six pack a day or something you may develop some wear on your enamel.

When I was younger I didn't keep good care of my teeth, and now I'm paying for it. I've developed several cavities over the last couple years, despite taking care of my teeth. I brush, floss, and rinse twice daily and my teeth are still sensitive to cold and sweets. Just do the same and your teeth should come out fine.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouJustWanna wrote:

Yes, tap water does, in the form of one of the three compounds that I already forgot the names of. Most bottled water doesn't though because the companies claim it's bad for you, along with all of the other various things found in tap water. Trust me, tap water is great. I have well water -- my teeth are already fucked. Of course, that's avoiding the fact that like Boomsars, I didn't take care of my teeth when I was younger and it comes back to bite you later.
ganondorf901  

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you 2 mean younger, what ages are we looking at?
YouJustWanna  

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i didnt really take care of my teeth when i was younger either. I was a kid, brushing was at the bottom of my list of importance. Oh well

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't brush my teeth twice a day until I hit 6th grade, I bet. From ages (probably) 5-11 I'd brush my teeth on a semiregular basis, from once a day to a handful of times a week. I also didn't floss or rinse at all the entire time.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't gone to the dentist in like 2 years. I plan on continuing this streak. I dislike dentists and my teeth are in decent/good health.

Just do what you normally do.
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT

Last edited by Ontwikseltsaar on Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
No1ButU  

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smeddy24 wrote:

You're an idiot.

I had advanced gingivitis (Gum Disease) at the age of 23. I know, sad, eh? My gums bled profusely from brushing, and sometimes for no reason at all. I turned it around by going through scaling and cleaning at the dentist every THREE months, continuing to this day. I also changed my brushing habits and spend more time worrying about my gums and brushing them, rather than just the teeth.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
This guy on YouTube has an interesting view on teeth care. Watch it, it's inspiring:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrSwaA-FAj4

<3 Artie

I used to brush my teeth like once a day, and I still sometimes do. I drink a lot of pop (2-3 cans a day, sometimes 4) and now my teeth aren't exactly in the greatest shape. Start good habits as soon as you can, I wish I did. I obviously still have time to, but my teeth seem like they're never going to improve.
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No1ButU wrote:
Smeddy24 wrote:

You're an idiot.

I had advanced gingivitis (Gum Disease) at the age of 23. I know, sad, eh? My gums bled profusely from brushing, and sometimes for no reason at all. I turned it around by going through scaling and cleaning at the dentist every THREE months, continuing to this day. I also changed my brushing habits and spend more time worrying about my gums and brushing them, rather than just the teeth.

Well not everyone is you. I go to the dentist every 6 months and brush twice a day and occasionally floss or rinse, and I have no problems with my teeth. Just don't be stupid about it. If all you do is eat sweets and drink pop and never brush or visit a dentist, then you will develop cavities and such.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: