Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Keeping your teeth healthy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get my teeth cleaned at a dental clinic twice a year and brush my teeth maybe 4 times a year if lucky, never had any teeth problems/cavities. Irony, my mom's a dental hygeinist

OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fhdra wrote:
I get my teeth cleaned at a dental clinic twice a year and brush my teeth maybe 4 times a year if lucky, never had any teeth problems/cavities. Irony, my mom's a dental hygeinist

... That's pretty gross, dude.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
snowyporpoise  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fhdra wrote:

So im guessing your'e mouth smells like shit all the time?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snowyporpoise wrote:
Fhdra wrote:

Nope, Listerine

killzonedout  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life's greatest answer: www.google.com

Mr. OP, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational question. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Saru786  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killzonedout wrote:
Mr. OP, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational question. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

YAWWNNN! xD

Anyways, show your teeth some love. That's all. >.>

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenYourEyes wrote:
Fhdra wrote:

... That's pretty gross, dude.

I brushed maybe 100 times or so in my life before about the age of 16... you couldn't really tell by looking at me though. I have a cavity in all four corners between my two farthest back molars, though... and I can't exactly afford to go to the dentist. Wish I'd taken better care of them back then. I also get tonsil stones pretty often, which sucks cuz no one I know knows anything about them.
Yewb  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonsil stones are harmless, but they are oddly fascinating, aren't they? I get them occasionally - much less since I started using mouthwash daily.

Incidentally, Fhdra, however much you may like to believe otherwise, mouthwash alone is not going to cure bad breath in either the short- or long-term. If you're not even running a brush across your teeth for 30 seconds a day, your mouth's going to smell like a big heap of ass. Sorry.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.

Last edited by Yewb on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
Smeddy24  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No1ButU wrote:
Smeddy24 wrote:
It's a ll a crock cooked up by the self-interested dental industry. Any kid born since fluoridation became popular doesn't need to worry about it. By the time you get your adult teeth, they'll never waste away. Word is, people born before fluoridation (baby boomers and earlier) could put a tooth they lost in a little bit of soda, and it'd be gone within a week. Totally disintegrated. Now? Your tooth'll be there for months, if it ever dissolves. All thanks to fluoride.

You're an idiot.

I had advanced gingivitis (Gum Disease) at the age of 23. I know, sad, eh? My gums bled profusely from brushing, and sometimes for no reason at all. I turned it around by going through scaling and cleaning at the dentist every THREE months, continuing to this day. I also changed my brushing habits and spend more time worrying about my gums and brushing them, rather than just the teeth.

Cool ad hominem argument.

Cool anecdotal evidence.

I'm thoroughly convinced that I was wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure it's too late for me. I'm only 18 and I've never really had good teeth. I've only recently (Past year) been brushing twice a day and using mouthwash right before I go to bed, and have seen little improvement to my teeth, specifically getting them whiter. Pretty sure it's impossible at this point.

My teeth are also crooked as fuck, and braces didn't help all that much. I also have an overbite...
Qarx  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's too late for me. I'm only 18 and I've never really had good teeth. I've only recently (Past year) been brushing twice a day and using mouthwash right before I go to bed, and have seen little improvement to my teeth, specifically getting them whiter. Pretty sure it's impossible at this point.

My teeth are also crooked as fuck, and braces didn't help all that much. I also have an overbite...

You could always try those whitening strips/whitening mouthwash. I used some once... though, not enough and frequently enough for them to "have an effect", so I can't really say that they work >_>.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Smeddy24  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:

You could always try those whitening strips/whitening mouthwash. I used some once... though, not enough and frequently enough for them to "have an effect", so I can't really say that they work >_>.
Whiteness is purely an aesthetic thing. You can have the whitest teeth ever, but if they're not straight or strong, they're shitty teeth.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My front top 4 teeth are messed up a bit, one of the first two is at a angle between the 3/4 and other first, and cause of that it messes the other one up, and they are yellow, but the dentist told me they are just fine, I could get braces but I don't need them and he recommends that I don't compared to the pain of them and stuff. I mite use whitening strips soon. I brush twice or once a day on normal. Cause they arn't white(I am planning on getting the whitening stuff very soon) I brush for just keeping away problems and make sure my breath doesn't smell bad, I also can't get tonsil stones as I have none, All my surgeries I've ever had are from when I was like 5 or under and I can't remember, and I never had a xray other than for broken bones/teeth until recently when I had a bone in spine slip and they thought it was cancer causing the pain(It's a lumbar pulling on my spinal cord, it hurt alot). I'm what you would call good with health even tho I'm not perfect. I just want my teeth white, I don't really care about the messed up two, its just one being at an angle. I'll stop rambling now.
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fhdra wrote:
snowyporpoise wrote:
Fhdra wrote:

Nope, Listerine

even so....thats pretty wrong........................*shudders*

I suppose the simplest thing to keep your teeth nice & healthy enough is well :

Brush twice daily
don't like have too much nasty food/drinks
MILK!!!

I mean I suppose flossing & mouthwash help too. I don't really do much of the flossing etc and my teeth are perfect...well except for the fact I have 2 caps in my front 2 teeth but they aren't noticeable. If theres one thing I like bout myself its my teeth

(kind of ironic mine are ok with the stereotype that british people have shitty teeth)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My teeth are in good condition, never had any cavities or anything, but I don't know how. 3 cans of soda a day and brushing my teeth for like 30 seconds a day doesn't seem like good dental hygiene. My gums are fucked though, gingivitis makes them bleed due to pretty much anything remotely abrasive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: