ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero: WoR Info Thread (Last Updated August 6th)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 376, 377, 378  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MercyfulFate  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uunoftw wrote:
Overwin wrote:
So, since RB3 has Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again" on-disc, I guess we're getting the other one?

WT and RB2 had several songs in common. So I wouldn't bet on it.

Article said one is in GH one is in RB, so GH gets Still of the Night, which is good because it's superior

http://dlcquickplay.com/user/battlestarfire
orange22  
Neversoft Staff
Neversoft Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really proud of what we did on this game, I'm so excited for everyone to try it out. The new career mode, for me, has really reinvigorated that part of the game; but we also have added a lot of little tweaks and touches that improve the game over GH5.

I also wanted to address a few questions people had:
Although the new controller doesn't have the touch-sensitive bar, we have still tracked "tapping" sections. You can play them on the regular buttons, of course without having to strum in again if you miss.

Open bass note sustains don't require you to hold the strum bar down after you hit the note. The main reasoning behind them is simply that they just feel cool. Slamming down on a long open note sustain, and whammying it to your heart's content, is a good feeling

And finally, to throw my 2 cents into the whole setlist issue: the thrust of the song selection was picking songs that are both a) fun, and b) make you feel like a bad-ass guitar hero. A large chunk of the setlist falls into both categories, but for musical and gameplay variation we also used some songs that are not necessarily guitar anthems, but are just enjoyable to play. Considering that we account for the gameplay of 4 different instruments, as well as the diverse musical tastes of quite a large group of people, I feel that we reached a nice balance.
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was not really that excited for any GH game's release other than 3 and SH, and SH's hype died when i found out that they picked lots of the gh2 songs i didn't really like..

this time i am shitting myself in anticipation for BOTH GH:RAWR and RB3

GH for the cartoony crazy wtf story and the ridiculous impossible song filled setlist

RB for the KEYBOARD and all kinds of new shit. i still hope RB3's timing window is extended to be at least close to GH5's, but I wouldn't bet on that.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonMan wrote:
GH:RAWR

Guitar Hero: Raw Ass Warriors of Rock.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:
SpoonMan wrote:

I vote for this to be the official acronym. It's just... so... perfect!

All in favor?

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orange22 wrote:
we reached a nice balance.

Neversoft have said this about the last few games !!! XD

GuitarHailz wrote:
tormentedbyu wrote:
SpoonMan wrote:

All in favor?

AYE !! XD

Last edited by GuardianDemon on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
tormentedbyu wrote:
SpoonMan wrote:

All in favor?

Well, I was going to go for GH6, but I think I'll stick with this instead.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so excited for this game since I saw the setlist. And I can't belive there are still way more songs to announce.

The one thing I hope they fix the most is GH Mix 3.0. I would sell my soul to Neversoft if they put in the feature to place notes like sheet music and place buttons on it after. MY God. If that happened I would be able to make songs like nothing because sadly I feel like the music creator in Wario Ware DIY is better than GH Mix 2.0
pedrohero  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orange22 wrote:
I'm really proud of what we did on this game, I'm so excited for everyone to try it out. The new career mode, for me, has really reinvigorated that part of the game; but we also have added a lot of little tweaks and touches that improve the game over GH5.

I also wanted to address a few questions people had:
Although the new controller doesn't have the touch-sensitive bar, we have still tracked "tapping" sections. You can play them on the regular buttons, of course without having to strum in again if you miss.

Open bass note sustains don't require you to hold the strum bar down after you hit the note. The main reasoning behind them is simply that they just feel cool. Slamming down on a long open note sustain, and whammying it to your heart's content, is a good feeling

And finally, to throw my 2 cents into the whole setlist issue: the thrust of the song selection was picking songs that are both a) fun, and b) make you feel like a bad-ass guitar hero. A large chunk of the setlist falls into both categories, but for musical and gameplay variation we also used some songs that are not necessarily guitar anthems, but are just enjoyable to play. Considering that we account for the gameplay of 4 different instruments, as well as the diverse musical tastes of quite a large group of people, I feel that we reached a nice balance.

Is the timing window better now?because on GH5 the timing window is huge after the note and small before it .Also,the fretboard/gems design will be the same as GH5 or it will have a whole new design?

ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I ask some questions about Mo-Caps for this game, particularly the imports/WT DLC? Are they going to get fixed anytime soon because, well, frankly, they suck. Last time I checked, I don't need the singer and guitarist bopping around at stupidly high speeds during a song like Message In a Bottle or even worse, No Rain. Frankly, it's just poor. Any chance of making them seem...normal?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Can I ask some questions about Mo-Caps for this game, particularly the imports/WT DLC? Are they going to get fixed anytime soon because, well, frankly, they suck. Last time I checked, I don't need the singer and guitarist bopping around at stupidly high speeds during a song like Message In a Bottle or even worse, No Rain. Frankly, it's just poor. Any chance of making them seem...normal?

As useless as it could be, I second this. I'd love to see the singer robot-dancing on Electro-Rock again.

And there's so many things that could be better about the vocalist. Like hiding him on instrumental songs, or being able to choose our male AND female non-playable vocalist depending on the song.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yveul wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:

As useless as it could be, I second this. I'd love to see the singer robot-dancing on Electro-Rock again.

And there's so many things that could be better about the vocalist. Like hiding him on instrumental songs, or being able to choose our male AND female non-playable vocalist depending on the song.

At least the automatic gender switching introduced on Band Hero is a good start.

Actually, I prefer playing on Band Hero more than GH for things like that. Aesthetics. The Hypersphere venue is better, the alternate costume characters are better, the menus are also pretty much better to look at, if the colours were more varied and less pink. The vocals are better to read. Hell, a lot of things, aesthetically are better on BH. I'd play it all the time, were it not for the songs that don't go over from GH5. And the BH export was cheaper than the GH5 one. Speaking of exports, I can deal with the GHWT/GH/M/VH songs not going over by now. But please, can the last few songs from GH5/BH be updated for GH6's release? Those I want more. Iron Maiden, Queen, Tom Petty, David Bowie, Styx...for GH5, at least, they're some of my favourite tracks from the game.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks orange22 and the other NS staff filling us in.

I've got a big question which might be a bit too early to answer, but what are you doing for the online play? I mean how the host/non-host works. It was perfectly fine until GH5, where all the other ones I think it works like this:

Your own console registers everything you do and sends it to the opponent, so they may be delayed in seeing what you do such as whammying and when you activate star power (pretty common for someone to think you overran the third SP phrase in MNiJ when you didn't then they will update after you hit the phrase), but then everything registers for you immediately and then is sent to the opponent regardless of who's hosting, how good the connection is and where you live.

GH5 kinda ruined any sort of online competitive play, having 8 player rooms was one of the best things you could do for PFO, but then what I think the netcode did was things would only activate after you send what you've done to the host (and possibly after the host has sent it back to you). Which means the host is the only person who gets a fair game while everyone else can't activate star power properly.

Would you be able to tell me if you're copying the way GH5 did it or go back to the old way (still keep the new modes though)? Game is looking so good atm.
Dahaloman  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Dillinger Escape Plan song is off Calculating Infinity (43% Burnt or Clip The Apex...Accept Instructions would be mint, although Weekend Sex Change would be amazing on drums), and not from an album after it, I may squirt a little
Xtresso  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dahaloman wrote:
If the Dillinger Escape Plan song is off Calculating Infinity (43% Burnt or Clip The Apex...Accept Instructions would be mint, although Weekend Sex Change would be amazing on drums), and not from an album after it, I may squirt a little

Given that Farewell, Mona Lisa is on GH iPhone it'll probably be something from Option Paralysis. Or maybe Ire Works. I really doubt they'll have anything from CI, at least not on-disc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 376, 377, 378  Next
Page 59 of 378

Jump to: