ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
StarSlay3r GH:M/ SSF4 tournament $5,000 cash total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StarSlay3r  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: StarSlay3r GH:M/ SSF4 tournament $5,000 cash total Reply with quote

Hey guys! You may remember me posting about 2 years ago about me doing a $5,000 Guitar Hero tournament in New York. If you don't here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/2dhq2u6

Well as you all know that never happened so I'm working hard to bring you guys a new tournament!

I'm going to try to do two large tournaments in one this time. I'm shooting for Guitar Hero: Metallica and Super Street Fighter IV. Why Metallica you ask? I think this is one of the best versions of Guitar Hero and while TONS of people are still playing this game I have not seen too many tournaments for this game.

I want to shoot for a cash prize of $2,500 for each game. While it's less for each game (not $5,000 for GH alone) I want to make sure that we have a good chunk of people there for Street Fighter as well so I want to split the cash up between the two evenly.

I'm currently seeking sponsors for this event. I have a venue in mind that a friend found so I'm looking into that and have a web designer working on the website now. Basically I'm wondering how many of you guys would be interested in participating in this tournament? I know last time Shift, WitWix, Dreminem and some others were interested and I'm hoping more of you would be interested as well.

Please reply with if you're interested and when you think a good time would be to run the event would be. The date needs to be sometime 3 months or so from now and needs to not conflict with any other major tournaments.

I'm working hard to make this happen! Hit me up with your suggestions please!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in both of these tournaments, however due to travel it really depends on the time.

Personally I think doing it either the weekend of July 10th or July 17th would be good, I can't imagine 4th of July weekend being a good time to host this.

Thanks a lot for doing this

Edit: Will this one be in New York also? I just noticed your location says LA <_<

nanos gigantium humeris insidentes
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lemeng Meringue
dave0113  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also be interested in this, if it is in New York. The best time would be over the summer, but as to an exact weekend it doesn't really matter for me. I agree with Lemon though that it shouldn't be 4th of July weekend, or too close to the end of August, that's a busy time for me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as it isn't during August, I WILL go. No real question. This will be awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokyprogg wrote:
As long as it isn't during August, I WILL go. No real question. This will be awesome.

Well then it's a no brainer for me! It doesn't really matter when it is (although earlier is better, June maybe?), the only other event I can think of is GUFest in Foxboro on June 29th. But this sounds pretty cool.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down for it. You throw in a GH:M Expert(+) tourny in and I'm definitely going! Right now I'm saving up to split a room for QuakeCon in August and if I don't purchase any games after QuakeCon and deposit all of my checks into a savings account for the trip, I could make it. I'm trying to to think of tournaments and when they are but I'm drawing a blanka.....:p
Guitar: Expert
Bass: Expert
Drums: Expert+
Vocals: Hard
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kingsy PSN Name: theKingsy
RutgerGoesDirty  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time do one in Holland! ;)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: sacredangels
StarSlay3r  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well basically there's no possible way for me to do it any sooner than the end of July. Basically right now I have a possible venue and only 1 sponsor who said they'll help throw some money our way for the prize but that's not enough. I still have to get enough money from sponsors /entrants to ensure a $5000 total prize. I'm looking at about a $45 fee plus a cover charge dependent on how much the venue is going to cost to rent out... hopefully no more than $10 per person. I also still have to find a company to sponsor the tv's systems/ etc. I personally don't have 20 setups minimum required for this so I'm still looking for connections. This is taking a lot longer to organize than last time since Game Crazy was on board last time and took care of the venue/ equipment and most of the fees.

I'm working on it! But I definitely have a lot more work to do before this is ready! Also, yes this is going to be in New York, not Los Angeles.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool If you actually do this I'm probably gonna go
hopefully it happens lol

nickyboy909  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump? dont tell me you're cancelling this are you? D: D: D: D:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: