ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
108 Artists Spinning Into DJ Hero 2 Soundtrack
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official DJ Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sirsharkie  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: 108 Artists Spinning Into DJ Hero 2 Soundtrack Reply with quote

DJ HERO® 2 TO MIX HITS FROM OVER 100 TOP-SELLING ARTISTS TO CREATE THE BEST SOUNDTRACK IN ENTERTAINMENT

Hand-Picked Roster of World-Renowned Musicians Featured in the Game’s Exclusive Mixes Highlight the Biggest Names in Pop, Dance and Hip Hop Music

Tracks from Eminem, Lady Gaga, Daft Punk, The Chemical Brothers, Rihanna and More Included

SANTA MONICA, CA – July 15, 2010 – When the party starts this October, budding beat chemists, singing sensations and all of their friends will fire up two turntable controllers and a microphone and experience hits from the biggest names in music as they’ve never heard them before in Activision Publishing Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVI) DJ Hero® 2. Taking the soundtrack to “the most innovative and immersive music experience of 2009”* and recipient of over 20 “Best Music Game” awards to the next level, DJ Hero 2 spins together tracks from over 100 of the biggest artists from around the world – who have combined U.S. full albums sales alone in excess of 375 million** – creating an all-new, unparalleled music experience. Featuring the hottest hits from artists such as Lady Gaga, B.o.B., Pitbull, Deadmau5, Iyaz, David Guetta, and Rihanna and classic anthems from legendary artists including Eminem, Daft Punk, Dr. Dre, The Chemical Brothers, Jackson 5, Stevie Wonder and LL Cool J, the DJ Hero 2 soundtrack mixes the perfect blend of pop, dance and hip hop music.

“With DJ Hero 2, we wanted to create the ultimate party experience of 2010, and that meant not only revamping and adding social and multiplayer game modes, including full microphone support, and all-new levels of creative freedom, but also mixing and mashing hits from over 100 of the biggest and most popular artists on the planet,” said Dan Neil, Music Director, FreeStyleGames. “We can’t wait to drop details on which of these artists’ hottest tracks, as well as how we’ve mixed them together exclusively for the game, later this year.”

“With the success of DJ Hero and overwhelming response to its soundtrack, we are excited to be working even more closely with our label partners, including Interscope Geffen A&M, on DJ Hero 2 to hand-pick the best music from the most recognizable artists in the world,” said Tim Riley, Vice President of Music Affairs, Activision.

“We’re excited to bring the hottest hits from our biggest artists to DJ Hero 2 including Eminem, Lady Gaga, Soulja Boy, 50 Cent, M.I.A., Timbaland, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and many more,” said Steve Berman, Vice Chairman, Interscope Geffen A&M. “The blockbuster lineup of music we’ve contributed, when mixed by world renowned DJs exclusively for the game, will help deliver one of the best soundtracks in all of entertainment.”

With the highly skilled DJ’s and music producers at FreeStyleGames – joined by Deadmau5, David Guetta and a crew of world renowned mixologists – dropping the beats, everyone will have a chance to experience the following artists’ music in an all-new way:

• 2Pac
• 50 Cent
• Adamski
• Afrika Bambaataa & The Soul Sonic Force
• Armand Van Helden
• A-Trak
• B.o.B.
• Basement Jaxx
• BlakRoc
• Bobby Womack
• Bruno Mars
• Busta Rhymes
• Calvin Harris
• Chamillionaire
• Chic
• Chris Willis
• Clinton Sparks
• Colby O’Donis
• Daft Punk
• Damian Marley
• David Guetta
• Deadmau5
• Deee-Lite
• Dillinja
• Diplo
• Dizzee Rascal
• DJ Shadow
• Donna Summer
• Dr. Dre
• Drake
• Edwin Starr
• Eminem
• Estelle
• Flo Rida
• Gorillaz
• Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five
• Harold Faltermeyer
• House Of Pain
• Iyaz
• Jackson 5
• Janet Jackson
• Justice
• Kanye West
• Kaskade
• Kelis
• Keri Hilson
• Kid Cudi
• Kool & The Gang
• Lady Gaga
• Lil Jon
• Lil Wayne
• LL Cool J
• M.I.A.
• M|A|R|R|S
• Major Lazer
• Malcolm McLaren
• Mase
• Melle Mel & Duke Bootee
• Metallica
• Missy Elliott
• Mos Def
• MSTRKRFT
• N.O.R.E.
• Nas
• Nate Dogg
• Naughty By Nature
• Nelly
• New Boyz
• New Order
• Newcleus
• Nightcrawlers
• Orbital
• Pharoahe Monch
• Pirate Soundsystem
• Pitbull
• Puff Daddy
• Pussycat Dolls
• Rihanna
• Robin S.
• RZA
• Salt N Pepa
• Sam Cooke
• Sam Sparro
• Sean Paul
• Skibadee
• Sneaky Sound System
• Snoop Dogg
• Snow
• Soulja Boy Tell Em
• Sparfunk & D-Code
• Static Major
• Stevie Wonder
• Talib Kweli
• The Chemical Brothers
• The Crystal Method
• The Egg
• The Notorious B.I.G.
• The Prodigy
• Tiësto
• Tiga
• Timbaland
• Tweet
• Walter Murphy
• Warren G
• Wayne Smith
• Will.I.Am
• Yeah Yeah Yeahs
• Young Jeezy

The ultimate mixer of music and friends, DJ Hero 2 will deliver the definitive way for players to come together and party with a host of new multiplayer modes – including DJ Battles that pit DJ against DJ in mixes produced specifically for battle gameplay – and invite vocalists into the spotlight with integrated on-screen singing and rapping of lyrics and rhymes while bringing the party to life with jump-in/jump-out Party Play gameplay. Featuring the biggest dance, pop and hip-hop hits by the hottest artists everyone knows and loves remixed by world-class DJ’s in an all-new way, the game’s soundtrack delivers over 80 unique creations only available in DJ Hero 2. Further immersing players into the music, the game offers a heightened level of creative input and allows everyone to add their own touch, directly impacting the beats they’re spinning with freestyle scratching, crossfading and sampling. The game will also feature an all-new career-based Empire Mode where players start out as an up-and-coming DJ on the road to becoming the head of a major entertainment empire, all of which is founded solely on their success as a DJ.

Dropping this fall, DJ Hero 2 will invite a wave of new digital disc jockeys to the turntables as the game will be available as a Party Bundle which will include a copy of the game, two turntable controllers and a microphone, offering the ultimate “party-in-a-box.” Gamers who experienced the #1 new videogame intellectual property of 2009 can pick up DJ Hero 2 as a Turntable Bundle featuring one turntable controller and a copy of the game or as standalone software. The game is in development by FreeStyleGames for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PLAYSTATION®3 and the Wii™ system from Nintendo. The game is rated “T” (Teen – Mild Suggestive Themes, Lyrics) by the ESRB. For more information about DJ Hero 2, please visit www.djhero.com, www.facebook.com/djhero and www.twitter.com/djhero.
Wattershed  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metallica? In DJ Hero? Wtf?
Also, it sucks that they'll probably mute the "FIST FUCK" part of Wish by Nine Inch Nails, the most iconic part of the song. :/
We didn't edit it out. In fact, not only did we boost the volume of that vocal phrase, but we replaced the vocals of every song in the game with the phrase "FIST FUCK" repeating over and over.
You can still...
FIST FUCK Ahh-merrr-I-Caaahh
iamjonny4life  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wattershed wrote:

i wonder what Metallica song it will be.
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamjonny4life wrote:
Wattershed wrote:

Can only hope they choose "So What".
viper565  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justice
Deadmau5

cool, time to start saving money.

www.highschoolorlower.com | VISIT OR PERISH
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ViperX66
Fedora  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamjonny4life wrote:
Wattershed wrote:

probably "Holy Diver" that was a good one

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrisssss wrote:
iamjonny4life wrote:
Wattershed wrote:

Can only hope they choose "So What".

man, that'd be the most censored song ever lololol !!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FIGHT FIYA WITH FIYA!
FIGHT FIYA WITH FIYA!
FIGHT FIYA WITH FIYA!
FIGHT FIYA WITH FIYA!
FIGHT FIYA WITH FIYA!
FIGHT FIYA WITH FIYA!
FIGHT FIYA WITH FIYA!
FIGHT FIYA WITH FIYA FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

-_-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: parzrevenge44
Wizi1337  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wattershed wrote:

wanted to write the same thing.. I hope they dont ruin the song too much
XxIronManXx1  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Dj Hero? Reply with quote

So, I was wondering would anyone else like instead of vs. songs just one normal song with a twist aka. DJ Hero style on it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: OutsideOwl
TerminX13  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Chamillionaire
Cool, I liked Hip Hop Police.

..Back when I listened to rap. :/

>Kanye West
[Obligatory VMA reference]

>Metallica
Mite b cool. Well, not really, that's a wierd ass choice for DJ hero :/

>Soulja Boy Tell Em

>Stevie Wonder
Best artist on the list, no doubt. Let's hope the song isn't fucked up horribly in the mix.

..Idk why I did that, I'm not getting the game anyway. Still, Metallica, what?

Thank you for this announcement anyway. Will you do this for GHWoR now? ;D

Twitter | Trollbean | RateYourMusic | Hummingbird
Accomplishments:
RB (Latest: 25 or 6 to 4)
GHL (Latest: GHL FGFC)

Greatest canine ever to play the plastic guitar
FDXCpinballwiz  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drizzy Drake baby oh yeah!!! now jus put in some Lupe Fiasco and they'd have the best of hip-hop/rap. Some interesting artists in there, i'l be curious to as how the mixes turn out.

My accomplishments page (530/567 fc's)

Add me on facebook
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FDXCp1nballw1z
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you maker the Metallica track as stripping to the ears as Motorhead in the last run...

*shakes fist* - Looking forward to listening to the mixes though.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
cmmc222  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: 108 Artists Spinning Into DJ Hero 2 Soundtrack Reply with quote

sirsharkie wrote:

who have combined U.S. full albums sales alone in excess of 375 million**

Oh so that's why they added Metallica, 375 million does look better then 285 million though.
matt6662  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the song they did with Xhibit (Metallica that is)

GH Thread RB Thread

[quote:a154c9c13e="Matt"]I sometimes pull the chalk ball out if I am on the ground, but I usually stick my hand in the bag.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official DJ Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: