Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
A friendly discussion on the merits of rap/hip-hop music
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olinea  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with rap, but every time I hear that familiar bassline and it turns out to be Ice Ice Baby instead of Under Pressure, I want to punch someone.

U Can't Touch This and Superfreak is alright in my book. I like UCTT.

(I know it's a double standard)
Scorehero: Where the 5-note chord is undercharted.

Grinded that second one for 18 years.
evilpacman18  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then. Back to Hip-Hop.

Since there's a couple other Busdriver fans in here... Anybody agree that Jhelli Beam is his best album?
FDXCpinballwiz  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twang wrote:
I haven't listened to him much myself but I hear Kid Cudi is good.

and u would be correct my friend: pursuit of happiness, REVOFEV, soundtrack 2 my life ect. i usually hate songs by artists tht tend to be more mainstream but I love his new single, Erase me ft. Kanye West

and earlier some1 says Drake sux...i take offense to that being that he's my favorite rapper/hip hop artist and i have every one of his songs. tht being said I hate most his mainstream stuff (find your love, best I ever had). but his mixtapes in my opinion are brilliant and So Far Gone is the best ep i've heard to date. but of course, i can understand why there are some haters lulz

My accomplishments page (530/567 fc's)

Add me on facebook
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FDXCp1nballw1z
drifter1717  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: A friendly discussion on the merits of rap/hip-hop music Reply with quote

mninp wrote:
Honestly, I have a huge passion for music. Rock and Heavy Metal. I've been playing guitar for 6 years now and my friends and I are starting a band soon. I love drinking, having fun and just fucking around in general. We go to my friend's basement and fuck up the world with music and partying. The problem is, when I go to the outside world, everyone listens to rap, that's all I hear. It seriously sickens me. Heavy Metal is like God to me and my biggest passion in life. I ALWAYS where a band shirt with jeans and I love being into metal.

I feel bad for people who like rap. They are missing out on real talent and a type of music which knows no bounds and can really grasp the soul. All the hot girls listen to rap too and songs like Girls, Girls Girls dosen't have the same effect anymore because girls wouldn't go wild to it today like they would have in the 80's. I'm only 19, so I think I was born in the wrong decade honestly. My friends think the same thing. What is the world coming to? I hate people who think they are so cool blasting there rap shit in their car with spinner rims. I mean seriously, wtf?

Bands like, Megadeth, Metallica, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Motley Crue, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Exodus, Testament and even recent metal bands like Trivium, Shadows Fall, All That Remains and Rob Zombie. I mean, these bands have talent and they kick ass. If I even see a cute girl wearing an Iron Maiden or Megadeth shirt I go crazy for her. I'm not stuck in the 80's though, because I know the time period, and honestly, i just act myself. I just so happen to LOVE heavy metal. It's such a shame that it's not the "cool" thing that it used to be 20 years ago. I get chills hearing "Shook Me All Night Long", "Flash Of The Blade", "Creeping Death", "Entrance Of The Conflagration", "This Calling", "Houses Of The Holy", "Kickstart My Heart". This music is my escape if things get too tough in life. It's sometimes poetic and beautifully written. I can't explain it, it just hits me where nothing else can. If someone says that metal sucks, I say "fuck you" and blast Testament in their face.

I love the guitar and wish that people appreciated music for what it is: a
group of people coming together using their heart, soul and musical talent to make the guitar a heavy metal weapon. Man, do I love metal. Does anyone else feel this way?

This is still one of the worst things i've ever read
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Drifter1717
drifter1717  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: A friendly discussion on the merits of rap/hip-hop music Reply with quote

drifter1717 wrote:
mninp wrote:
Honestly, I have a huge passion for music. Rock and Heavy Metal. I've been playing guitar for 6 years now and my friends and I are starting a band soon. I love drinking, having fun and just fucking around in general. We go to my friend's basement and fuck up the world with music and partying. The problem is, when I go to the outside world, everyone listens to rap, that's all I hear. It seriously sickens me. Heavy Metal is like God to me and my biggest passion in life. I ALWAYS where a band shirt with jeans and I love being into metal.

I feel bad for people who like rap. They are missing out on real talent and a type of music which knows no bounds and can really grasp the soul. All the hot girls listen to rap too and songs like Girls, Girls Girls dosen't have the same effect anymore because girls wouldn't go wild to it today like they would have in the 80's. I'm only 19, so I think I was born in the wrong decade honestly. My friends think the same thing. What is the world coming to? I hate people who think they are so cool blasting there rap shit in their car with spinner rims. I mean seriously, wtf?

Bands like, Megadeth, Metallica, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Motley Crue, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Exodus, Testament and even recent metal bands like Trivium, Shadows Fall, All That Remains and Rob Zombie. I mean, these bands have talent and they kick ass. If I even see a cute girl wearing an Iron Maiden or Megadeth shirt I go crazy for her. I'm not stuck in the 80's though, because I know the time period, and honestly, i just act myself. I just so happen to LOVE heavy metal. It's such a shame that it's not the "cool" thing that it used to be 20 years ago. I get chills hearing "Shook Me All Night Long", "Flash Of The Blade", "Creeping Death", "Entrance Of The Conflagration", "This Calling", "Houses Of The Holy", "Kickstart My Heart". This music is my escape if things get too tough in life. It's sometimes poetic and beautifully written. I can't explain it, it just hits me where nothing else can. If someone says that metal sucks, I say "fuck you" and blast Testament in their face.

group of people coming together using their heart, soul and musical talent to make the guitar a heavy metal weapon. Man, do I love metal. Does anyone else feel this way?

Seriously FUCKING 19 YEARS OLD AND YOU THOUGHT LIKE THIS
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Drifter1717
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: A friendly discussion on the merits of rap/hip-hop music Reply with quote

drifter1717 wrote:
drifter1717 wrote:
mninp wrote:

Seriously FUCKING 19 YEARS OLD AND YOU THOUGHT LIKE THIS

I wonder what pleblife is like for him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: A friendly discussion on the merits of rap/hip-hop music Reply with quote

mninp wrote:
I get chills hearing "Shook Me All Night Long"

That's weird, I just get an urge to listen to something that isn't completely bland.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
McSkinny  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOMO
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McSkinny
wallflower  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

busdriver has more talent in his lower lip than most of the bands mninp listed.
BigE33  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sour soul in the rotation
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't listen to much rap but I have to say from what I've heard: Kendrick Lamar, especially his latest album, To Pimp A Butterfly. Just don't listen to the song he did with Taylor Swift, it's terrible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: