ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bohemian Rhapsody...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, it was nice and all but I don't get some of the reactions you guys are having. Wasn't that amazing.

Also, my favorite Guitar Hero moments are playing American Pie at the end of Band Hero and Kings & Queens at the end of Aerosmith. Both of those songs fit so well, and they also happened to be my favorite songs in each game.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

christiano27 wrote:
HerbieHero wrote:
As much as the piano charting bugs me, I was prepared for it going in...and the mocap seriously made up for it.

It makes perfect sense to chart it. Who wants to sit there for how ever long it is playing nothing?

I never said it didn't make sense. I just said it bugged me :P
Though I do wish they charted the piano parts as tapping notes so I could at least put my guitar on a table and play it keyboard-style.
maximf  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

memesis wrote:
maximf wrote:
btw the funny thing is that when i tested this game back in april, bohemian raphsody was the encore song in the third chapter, i wonder why they moved it to first

The game was still in alpha, and a lot can change between an alpha build and a release build. Not sure why, but I know for a fact that a lot of other songs were shuffled around since then for the final build of the game. IIRC, Chemical Warfare was in Lars' chapter at one point. Hooray for progression revisions!

well i didnt remember the rest , i just remember going into the encore and seeing bohemian raphsody and going crazy in the middle of the testing room
graymatterpdx  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
I dunno, it was nice and all but I don't get some of the reactions you guys are having. Wasn't that amazing.

I'm an old fart (42) in the goosebump crowd. I am going to wager (with no offense intended) that you are under 25 and don't have an emotional connection to this song or the original Queen video that the mocap is paying a beautiful tribute to.
deathleprchaun  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to agree that the mocap is fantastic on Bohemian Rhapsody, bravo to whoever did that. You get a +1 internet from me

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really pay no mind to that whole argument about piano notes being charted to be played on the guitar part and stuff.

I've seen some awesome motion capture works, such as the ones on Band Hero songs like Whip It, YMCA and Kung Fu Fighting, or the hysterics on Psychobilly Freakout, between others. But I really think the mo-cap in Bohemian Rhapsody outshines them gracefully. I'd end up with a terrible run that song, but I'll get as much as I can from that masterpiece.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

graymatterpdx wrote:
NavyCherub wrote:

I am going to wager (with no offense intended) that you are under 25 and don't have an emotional connection to this song or the original Queen video that the mocap is paying a beautiful tribute to.

I am 14 years old. I love the song, I get what it's about, I've seen the video you're referring to, and I share NavyCherub's viewpoint on it. The opera section was entertaining to watch and a nice homage to the music video, but I don't think the motion capture is as revolutionary or brilliant as people suggest.

Now, time for some good ol' fashioned nitpicking.

When they're singing:

"No! We will not let you go."
"Let him go!"
"Bismillah"
"We will not let you go"
"Let him go!
"Bismillah"
"We will not let you go"

The next line (from memory) should be "Let me go!", in alternation with "Will not let you go" but the "Let me go!" is absent from the GH:WoR track (until the descending harmonies). Anyone know why?
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:
Bohemian Rhapsody's mo-capping was the single greatest moment in GH history, and I am in no way exaggerating.

I basically have to agree with this. In all of my years of playing the game I NEVER once after playing a song said "Oh my god the background stuff/Mocapping was simply incredible!" Sure, I was impressed by some things from the other games, but this put me in awe and I even didnt care about going for the FC of the song because I wanted to watch what was going on in the background more often than watching how I was doing on the song.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me it's not even about the original Queen video
It's about Wayne's World

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YDwj-BRKwc
Blashyrkh  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Good call!
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
for me it's not even about the original Queen video
It's about Wayne's World

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YDwj-BRKwc

I think the top rated comment says it all:

Quote:
I don't think any one can hear this song and not think of the wayne's world car scene, I know every time I hear the guitar solo I think of the head banging scene. classic

Classic indeed.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: