ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Resistance - Post-Chorus Fast Strumming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graf  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Resistance - Post-Chorus Fast Strumming Reply with quote

I have been trying this for nearly 45 minutes, and the best I can seem to get is 93% on this section. To my knowledge this song hasn't been FC'd yet, and I can only imagine it is this strumming. I made a video of myself practicing it, and I can't seem to keep combo on Full Speed. Anyone have some advice (apart from 'strum faster', etc)? I know practice makes perfect, but this section seemed like something worthy of discussion. What I am doing right now is practically vibrate-strumming, where the strumbar doesn't even hit the bottom or top point where it stops. I am only strumming with enough motion to trigger a strum in-game, and I can't keep control of it. If anyone has some advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Video

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've hit the strumming several times and reverse choked in a real run x_x

P.S. it's

I could probably go ahead and FC it later tonight if you really want to see it done

Anyways, I hold my thumb about halfway across the strumbar, with the left center on the strumbar. Opposite side of the strumbar, I have my pinky and ring finger pressing by the tips. And then I strum fast. It's an incredibly loose strum that goes the entire length of the strumbar, is incredibly accurate, and is what got me a Ties That Bind FC (similar speed, shorter length).
The strumming in Resistance is really weird IMO, feels like it slows down about halfway through but it might be just me.

EDIT: I believe the strumming is 18 NPS. 32nds at 135 BPM.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:
I've hit the strumming several times and reverse choked in a real run x_x

P.S. it's

I could probably go ahead and FC it later tonight if you really want to see it done

Anyways, I hold my thumb about halfway across the strumbar, with the left center on the strumbar. Opposite side of the strumbar, I have my pinky and ring finger pressing by the tips. And then I strum fast. It's an incredibly loose strum that goes the entire length of the strumbar, is incredibly accurate, and is what got me a Ties That Bind FC (similar speed, shorter length).
The strumming in Resistance is really weird IMO, feels like it slows down about halfway through but it might be just me.

EDIT: I believe the strumming is 18 NPS. 32nds at 135 BPM.

I can't seem to strum with that strumming technique. When I strum fast I have the tips of my thumb, index, and middle fingers on the middle of the bar, and it usually works. Doing that got me a GGAHT Solo 2E FC on Guitar and Bass, and it has worked for me in the past. I can even hit most of Ties That Bind, but this shit eludes me for some reason

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not gonna pretend I can hit this section (especially since I can't get the songs ) but every miss was the first note of the next row. Fretting too late?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
Parama  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike65707 wrote:
I'm not gonna pretend I can hit this section (especially since I can't get the songs ) but every miss was the first note of the next row. Fretting too late?

Definitely. I always feel like I have to fret a note ahead in the GHWoR engine.

EDIT: FCed it 423243, first by about 10k But I was beat to the FC by about 50 minutes So yeah my method works, for me at least. Can't really give much better advice than that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno what guitar you're using, but I was using the WoRtar and for fast strumming with that, I hold it by the very tip. Then basically just strum like fuckin' mad. I used that technique to strum fast on the wtar too so I'd give that a shot. The fretting is really the hardest part, and slowing down for the greens. Out of the 4 runs it took me to fc it, 2 of those were ruined by overstrumming the greens.

It's not really worth waiting 4 minutes or whatever just to play that part while trying to fc it though

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parama wrote:
But I was beat to the FC by about 50 minutes

I actually Fced it 2 hours after it was out in Europe :P

What I did was looking at the strumming on slowest in practice mode. It's actually not that hard since every fret change is on a downstrum and you can just count three times for every downstrum at each color. It's not often helpful with fast strumming, but this time it really is if you just work your way up from slowest to full speed in practice mode... i could probably fc it at least five times in a row if i wanted to

Also, i don't even want to try to understand the different methods HOW you could strum, i do it as always and it works

Good luck with the FC!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed it the first time playing the song, took it into practice and hit it the second try there... but then again my skillset is very tilted in favor of strumming. I've hit the strumming from DWDTG, but meanwhile I probably couldn't pass most of the songs from the demigod tier without powers. If it makes any difference, I did it on what I presume was the GH5 guitar (it came with the GH:WoR bundle) though I presume I could have done it with the X-plorer as well since it strums really fast, and that's the one I had done DWDTG on.

The method I use is just straightforward alt-strumming all the way to clicking against the edges; that's the only way I can do it. A great way to improve your alt-strumming speed that people don't often discuss is whenever songs start, before the notes come strum groups of 4 as fast as you can. (dadadada dadadada dadadada) They should sound like gallops but with the groups having 4 instead of 3, which means the notes will be 50% faster. Your arm will get used to the fast twitching it's doing and it won't be long at all until you'll be able to do that with each set of 4 taking about as long as a gallop from Raining Blood. You can also move up to 5's or other groupings. (with a 5 you'll hear 3 loud audible clicks) Anyway the point is that when your burst strumming is insanely fast (which shouldn't take as long as you might think) your tremolo speed should increase too. My speed on bursts should be around 24-28 whereas with tremolos it'd be around 18-20. Also it probably doesn't matter but I always start tremolos and bursts with an UPSTRUM, and I think the highest potential speed could be reached that way. Also, practicing bursts works on real guitar too, the only difference being that your tremolos will still be around the same speed whereas your bursts won't be as fast because of the lack of plastic edges to 'rebound' off of (which some people try not to do on a plastic guitar anyway, though I personally think it helps, although it will make a machine-gun sound... see the vid of Danny FC'ing DWDTG for a great example of that).

tl;dr practice burst strums before notes start on every song the same way you would with frets, benefits will follow. That was way longer than I meant for it to be but good luck dude
elitewarrior500  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way i would be able to do this strumming, i can hit devil but i vibrate strum for that... i cant even hit ties that bind cause i cant controllably strum that fast for that long and resistance is a full NPS faster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elitewarrior500 wrote:
no way i would be able to do this strumming, i can hit devil but i vibrate strum for that... i cant even hit ties that bind cause i cant controllably strum that fast for that long and resistance is a full NPS faster

Vibrate with bouncing off the edges of the strumbar or without touching the edges? If it's the former, switching to an X-plorer will probably increase your strumming speed a significant amount imo. If it's the latter I can't really help you too much because you're using a technique that I'm not skilled enough to use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: