SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Marijuana Legalization
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fudrick wrote:
They can suggest things, but can't prove anything.

You're absolutely and completely wrong about this, here is a link to a study done by MIT to prove it.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
fudrick wrote:
They can suggest things, but can't prove anything.

You're absolutely and completely wrong about this, here is a link to a study done by MIT to prove it.

Joke post aside, I love the idea of a study proving that studies can prove things.
Davers  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fudrick wrote:
Davers wrote:
There is no addicting elements but smoking weed can become habit. Ask my brother. He can attest for that.

Uh no shit. Anything can become a habit. I said that. What does that prove?

I was agreeing with you on this.

Davers wrote:
Also, don't anyone give me the bullcrap answer that marijuana isn't a gateway drug.

It isn't. The only way it can be a "gateway" is that it introduces the user drug dealers who sell other illegal drugs, and by desensitizing the user to breaking the law. Both due to it's illegality.

So you are saying the thousands of people that attest to it being a gateway drug (users) are liars? Just because you don't think it is doesn't mean squat to me.

Davers wrote:
You might know alot on the matter but just because one doesn't try it doesn't mean they don't know the effects.

Yes, it does.

Pssh, so because I haven't killed someone and know the effects it has on my life, I shouldn't be against it..

Davers wrote:
I grew up around pot smokers all my life. And I don't mean your once a week smokers. My parents and all their friends all day long smoked it just about every day (and now my brother does). So I've seen the effects.

Cool personal anecdote bro. You still don't know the effects.

My dad's side of the family is completely ruined and guess where it started bro? That's right. So you are saying my testimony is false. You don't know me. You don't know what I know or think you know what I know. You can't pass any judgement on me. I told you what I see and the results I see and you call them false?

Davers wrote:
Maybe it doesn't make you lazy, but scientific research has proven

Studies really can't prove anything.

Neither can you then. You can't prove that it doesn't make you lazy.

Davers wrote:
that marijuana intoxication can cause distorted perceptions,

So can caffeine.

Didn't say caffeine can't.

Davers wrote:
impaired coordination

Hardly.

Hahaha

Davers wrote:
difficulty with thinking and problemsolving, and problems with learning and memory.

No.

Yes. Otherwise prove me wrong. Will be hard to do since studies don't prove anything though.

Davers wrote:
Don't try to say it doesn't have any effects on the body. If it didn't have a single effect (other than getting one 'high'), the government would have legalized it a long time ago.

Ha, no. That's a laughable argument. LSD has literally no possibility of causing one harm (as opposed to weed which can be laced), and it's still very illegal, and I can't see it being legalised soon if ever.

First off, then you don't know much about government and your speaking from your ass. Maybe you should look into this a little more before you state such a thing. Things have changed in recent years and I have my sources from higher up on the matter. It will be legalized. Just not right now. Give it a few years. (unless you're talking about LSD, then probably not, lol)

Davers wrote:
And no, they wouldn't have kept it illegal just because they can. That's a stupid argument.

It has been kept illegal due to misinformation.

True. I already corrected myself previously.

Davers wrote:
Yes, there are those that can use it responsibly but there are more stupid people in this world that can't and thus why it hasn't been legalized.

That's a terrible reason. There are those who can eat fast food responsibly, but there are more stupid people in this world that can't and thus why it should be illegalised.

Maybe it should be. I have no problem living without fast food since I don't eat it.

Davers wrote:
Also, don't ever ever bash a person based on a personal experience.

We didn't "bash" him, but if you want to call it that, it wasn't for his personal experience. It was due to the conclusion he drew from that experience.

Sooooo, it was his experience and the conclusion he came to. What else are you going to get from an experience?

Davers wrote:
Just because they experienced something different than you doesn't make them wrong in their eyes.

It can make them wrong in reality though.

I'm talking about morals and personal beliefs. Whether they are right or wrong, it doesn't matter. What's right to some is wrong to others and vice versa.

Davers wrote:
I personally don't drink because I know people that have died from it and one guy that killed a man drunk driving. So should I not be against drinking because I haven't tried it? Are you going to say I'm being intolerate because my views are different than yours? Go ahead and try. I'll be right in my eyes with my opinions whether you like them or not.

I don't give a shit if anyone smokes weed or not, as long as they don't try to infringe upon (what should be) my right to use it. That's where the distinction is made. Just because something is legal doesn't mean you have to do it.

Exactly what I was getting at with the last part. Goes again with people that can and can't use it responsibly.

Seriously, we can do this all night. You will always be right in your eyes and I'll be right in mine. I DO KNOW the effects. I've read up on it and heard it from the horse's mouth. And I'm pretty sure my sources on the matter are alot more reliable than just your experience and conclusion. Which I'm sure you're just drawing the wrong conclusion on the whole matter anyways. I mean, that's what we do with experiences right? Draw the wrong conclusions?

Last edited by Davers on Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Eastwinn  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, pleeeeease don't do the break down eachother's posts thing. It's so hard to read!

fudrick's right that studies only suggest things. It's experiments that provide the best "proof" of anything. Unfortunately, the experiments just aren't there.
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:
PiemanLK wrote:
RichardGHP wrote:
Fugitive wrote:
Anyone else in favor of legalizing all victimless crimes?

Sounds like fudrick is, and I definitely want that.

Define 'victim'.

Anyone who has to read your posts.

But I'm right and you know it.

Define 'right'.

Right, as in right-wing politics.
Yewb  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Really? You're against caffeine use? Prescription medication? Tylenol? Those are drugs too.

"Oh God, you're an idiot. The more I read of your posts, the more I'm convinced you are a troll. ""

I don't understand why his sentence was deserving of that response. Genuinely. They ARE drugs - if you meant specific drugs, you should, y'know, specify. Did you mean specifically illegal drugs? Drugs considered "harder" by society? Directly mind-altering drugs (like caffeine and many prescription drugs)?
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
fudrick  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers, you're so ignorant on this subject that it's surpassed the point of not even being funny and is actually pretty hilarious.

Eastwinn wrote:
Please, pleeeeease don't do the break down eachother's posts thing. It's so hard to read!

Are you referring to his style, where his responses are in the quote box, or just in general? If it's the latter, then if you can come ip with a better method of refuting points then I'll use it.

PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eastwinn wrote:

Personally I like the breaking down the post thing; it makes it clear what argument is directed at what part of the post and who. In fact I honestly didn't think people discussed things on forums any other way.

RichardGHP wrote:
PiemanLK wrote:
Define 'right'.
Right, as in right-wing politics.

Alright, well, that's just like your opinion man.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
fudrick  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
Personally I like the breaking down the post thing; it makes it clear what argument is directed at what part of the post and who. In fact I honestly didn't think people discussed things on forums any other way.

Exactly my views on that subject, I've never seen a coherent forum debate done another way.

Davers  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do know the subject. Maybe not as well as you because I don't involve myself in the matter, but I do know. Everything I have said is in documented writing. I didn't just pull random facts out. However, everything else saying my facts are wrong seem to be of personal opinion and not fact. I'll change my thoughts on the matter when I'm proven wrong. I have a hard time believing everything I've read is a complete lie. I have yet to read in one place (other than this forum or some hippie website) where pot doesn't have any kind of effect on a person.

Also, on the whole "I don't do drugs", I'm pretty sure everyone knew what I meant. I shouldn't have to explain that Fud was taking that to the extreme there.
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
First off, then you don't know much about government and your speaking from your ass. Maybe you should look into this a little more before you state such a thing. Things have changed in recent years and I have my sources from higher up on the matter. It will be legalized. Just not right now. Give it a few years.

Dream on, pal.

Edit: On a more trivial note, I like the breaking-down-post method, but not the giant text walls with responses in bold/italics.

Last edited by RichardGHP on Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
Everything I have said is in documented writing. I didn't just pull random facts out.

[citation needed]
fudrick  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
I do know the subject. Maybe not as well as you because I don't involve myself in the matter, but I do know. Everything I have said is in documented writing. I didn't just pull random facts out. However, everything else saying my facts are wrong seem to be of personal opinion and not fact. I'll change my thoughts on the matter when I'm proven wrong.

IIRC you haven't posted a single link. I haven't either but I'm not claiming that I have. The burden of proof is on you, the one making claims about the detrimental effects of cannabis. It isn't a case of "detrimental until proven safe," or something.

Davers wrote:
Also, on the whole "I don't do drugs", I'm pretty sure everyone knew what I meant. I shouldn't have to explain that Fud was taking that to the extreme there.

No I didn't. I think you stated that you are against the use of "any drugs." The substances I listed are all drugs. Just because some are considered okay by our society doesn't mean they aren't drugs, or even that they are safer than illicit substances.

fudrick  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Davers, the personal insults are unnecessary. I was surprised at the civility in this discussion so far, and believe me, it's required restraint for me not to insult you similarly (which is much more warranted).

Davers  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fudrick wrote:
Davers wrote:
I do know the subject. Maybe not as well as you because I don't involve myself in the matter, but I do know. Everything I have said is in documented writing. I didn't just pull random facts out. However, everything else saying my facts are wrong seem to be of personal opinion and not fact. I'll change my thoughts on the matter when I'm proven wrong.

IIRC you haven't posted a single link. I haven't either but I'm not claiming that I have. The burden of proof is on you, the one making claims about the detrimental effects of cannabis. It isn't a case of "detrimental until proven safe," or something.

I wasn't the one first stating everything on the affects of pot. So I shouldn't have to prove anything first. It was those defending it and stating random facts I'd never even heard of, that's when I came in.

Davers wrote:

No I didn't. I think you stated that you are against the use of "any drugs." The substances I listed are all drugs. Just because some are considered okay by our society doesn't mean they aren't drugs, or even that they are safer than illicit substances.

Ugh, ok, fine, I don't do illegal drugs. Which again, I'm pretty sure everyone knew what I was talking about. And to an extent there are some prescription drugs I don't take either.

Seriously though, if I'm "oh so naive", point me in a direction where I can read up on the matter better. I'm having a hard time find any. I don't want "I'm saying this because I know" either. Give me something to read and I'll either change my mind or give you a better argument on the matter based on what I've read.

^ That's not sarcastic either. Surely it's documented somewhere.

EDIT: Fud, I make a formal open apology for the insults. I'll go remove them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 7 of 31

Jump to: