ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Undertiered/Overtiered Songs
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyumi  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject: Undertiered/Overtiered Songs Reply with quote

Here are my picks.

Guitar: Wish (undertiered) - TIER 5 MY ASS. This thing should be an 8 (or perhaps a high 7, due to the sparsity of many parts of the chart).
Burn (overtiered) - The chimneys are the only hard part, and they're not THAT hard.
Modern Hits Theme (overtiered) - Epic song, but I think it should be an 8. With all those sliders, if you can pass Holy Wars, you should be able to comfortably pass this.

Bass: Twilight of the Thunder God (undertiered) - Need I say more? This song is basically TWO Misirlous. How it's not a 9, let alone the fact that it's a 5, is beyond me.

Drums: Move It On Over (undertiered) - This is just balls-to-the-wall stuff from the word go.

Vocals: Under Pressure (overtiered) - Quite tough, but not worthy of a 10.
Bohemian Rhapsody (overtiered) - ^
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we're supposed to post threads like this. Too much like a poll thread. However, I do see potential discussion.

(I'd report it, but the report thread button has always been acting strangely with me. Not intentionally trying to backseat.)

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down With Disease - Drums (Undertiered)

The Bitter End - Drums (Undertiered)

Lonely is the Night - Vocals (Overtiered)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish is Undertiered? I found it pretty simple and it is the same riff for the most part. And compared to songs in the same group (Black Friday, Wherever I May Roam, Dance, Dance, etc.) it makes a fair bit of sense to be where it is.

Generally, I think that for the most part, the tiers have been fine for these games (Well, for guitar, definitely). I mean, until you compare them to other games tierings, then they do seem a bit off. The only ones that immediately spring to mind are Bodhisattva being a 7, when it should be an 8 or a 9, Sweating Bullets being a 7, when it should be a 6 and those few Tier 9 borderline songs which have potential to be a 10. Play With Me, Hangar 18 and Speeding, the latter of which definitely could be.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some obvious ones are:
One Way Or Another being a 4 on vocals (undertiered)
Ring Of Fire being a 3 on drums (undertiered)
Camel's Night Out being a 9 on drums (overtiered)
Holy Wars being a 10 on Bass (overtiered, I mean Deadfall was a 9 and it is way harder)
Fury Of The Storm being a 9 on drums (undertiered)
The Rock Show being a 3(?) on vocals (undertiered)
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demolition Man - Tier 4 on vocals is vastly undertiered (I think this HAS to be one of the worst tiering mistakes)
Under Pressure / Bohemian Rhapsody - Tier 10's, and IMO overtiered just due to being Freddie Mercury

I'm no tiering expert, but I think a lot of the failure comes on the vocal tierings. It's true that the better you know a song the easier it is (such as Under Pressure... which being Freddie Mercury and David Bowie is definitely not easy, but everybody knows that song so it's not as difficult to learn and thus FC as others on the game). Songs you learn or already know obviously feel like they shouldn't be tier 8 or 9, so it's pretty subjective from person to person.

Still, certain qualities make a song in the upper tier of difficulty that most people can agree on. Stone Cold Crazy, for example (which isn't tiered, but would hopefully be an 8 or 9 on the easier GHWOR engine), FFWF, Turn Off the Light, ABC, etc. Only the pompous asshole who's FC'd it a hundred times would have the audacity to call these songs easy, and this is what will drive me insane about ScoreHero. I've FC'd most of Metallica, but that gives me no right to call them easy as it's definitely the hardest game I've ever played on vocals (don't believe me? Try it yourself... Hetfield never sings the same way twice, and the guest acts are no walk in the park either), and I'll never forget how hard it was to get that many FC's on 360.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Exxucus  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the late GH5 era DLC has messed up tiers, since that was when they started basing DLC tiers off of medium, thus why TotTG and the soccer tunes have messed up tiers.

Several songs on Band Hero seem to be under tiered as well. I Want You To Want Me is Lust for For Life, but with random solo fills instead of odd strumming, yet is only a four or five. I Heard it Through the Grape Vine also seems under tiered, even with the ungodly HOPO chord sections and the 200+ note long outro trill.

How Awesome GHWoR Is wrote:
Yeah they were. It's amazing how I had an almost naked lady rubbing her boobs on my head (I'm the drummer in the video) and I was like "Hey GTFO I'm trying to play".
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got done FCing Graduate and Burnin For You.

These should probably be just switched as far as tiering goes. Burnin has some pretty intense solos at the end of the song.

I understand that some people have some issues with extended sustains... but really? Graduate is like a 6 or so, whereas Burnin is like a 4. I don't think so.

Edit:

voidedalive2x wrote:
I don't think we're supposed to post threads like this. Too much like a poll thread. However, I do see potential discussion.

(I'd report it, but the report thread button has always been acting strangely with me. Not intentionally trying to backseat.)

If you're having issues with the report button try going back to the homepage and trying it again. I used to have problems with it all the time. It's an issue that I don't believe they've fixed yet from a long time ago.

Though I disagree that this is a poll thread as I'm sure there will be someone out there that disagrees with what I've posted above. This COULD descend into a poll thread, but it's up to us to make some discussion, here. This could surely be an interesting topic.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rio Drums 6...
Yah right....

And about Graduate, a LOT of people find it hard and just drop the Extended sustain for the FC.

Black Betty is 7 on drums even though that has been on the Un-FC'd list for ages. Literally!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
Rio Drums 6...
Yah right....

And about Graduate, a LOT of people find it hard and just drop the Extended sustain for the FC.

Black Betty is 7 on drums even though that has been on the Un-FC'd list for ages. Literally!

Just saying it should be at least one tier lower, at the very least, if you can just drop the ticks and do that well as opposed to a song that is legitimately difficult with rather hard HO/PO chains + some fairly intense alt-strummed HO/PO chords.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
Rio Drums 6...
Yah right....

This. God, I hate that song... But I also love it. So much fun... But so hard...

Also, the only songs that deserve tier 10 on voclas imo are Superstition, ABC, Turn Off The Light, Tones Of Home and MAYBE Brianstorm. But I agree with the opinion of the vocals tiering system being more than questionable, as the difficulty of a particular song depends A LOT on the performer's vocal range (for example, if my voice was just a little bit higher, I wouldn't need to do octave shifting in Superstition, and I would get 95% or more with little or no efort)

Ciao!

LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we including songs from pre-band games too? :P

Random Person wanting to know why we would include songs from Pre-Band games wrote:
Why would we do that?
Because it's Midnite!

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LlamaYip wrote:
Are we including songs from pre-band games too? :P

Random Person wanting to know why we would include songs from Pre-Band games wrote:
Why would we do that?
Because it's Midnite!

Oh, God, yes.

Tier 2 my fucking ass!

Also, BB from the same game. the two hardest songs in 80s, put at Tiers 2 and 3, respectively? They're Tier 5-6 material! (aka 8-10 on WOR, though BB would be easier, I think.)

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
VeryMetalChewie  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most obvious overtier is Bring The Noise - there is no way anything that's all talkies can be anything over 1/10.
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
Also, BB from the same game. the two hardest songs in 80s, put at Tiers 2 and 3, respectively?
Well Tier 4 lol. Also BiM is a very hard song to pass (not sure about ) but BB really isn't that hard of a song to pass; for the most part it's sustains lol. I was basing that difficulty to pass off of that.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: