ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The NFL Thread- Playing the Waiting Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 102, 103, 104  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle vs St. Louis Sunday night. Most important game of the week. BE THERE.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, 3rd place in the Yahoo league! My streak of never winning a fantasy football league continues for another year (made playoffs in 2 of my 4 leagues, got knocked out in semis in both, including being knocked off in semis 3 years in a row as a 1 seed in same league).

The Eagles played one of the worst games of football out of anyone all year. Vikes could have blown them out had they not dropped all those interceptions. Good to see my team get back in the win column again, even if it meant nothing. Joe Webb better get the start next week, regardless of Favre's status. It would be nice to see a little more from Webb before deciding on what to do about the quarterback position going into the future. I'm not sure what the best course of action is, but I sure as hell hope they don't sign yet another over the hill signal caller to try to patch up that weakness.

I'm not sure what to think about next week's Rams-Seahawks tilt. It's exciting in the fact that the game determines a division champion, but I doubt that we will end up with a decent game to watch. You've got Rams quarterback Sam Bradford, a rookie playing in a playoff-like atmosphere for the first time, on the road in a hostile environment Sunday night, so who knows if he will actually play a good game or fold under pressure. It might not even matter if he does play poorly because the Seahawks (a terrible team to begin with) are tentatively planning on starting Charlie Whitehurst. So I'm thinking that either the Rams win easily if Bradford plays well, or we end up with a poorly played, crappy game if he doesn't.
youhas  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDoner8790 wrote:
Seattle vs St. Louis Sunday night. Most important game of the week. BE THERE.

If Seattle wins, they get to be the division champs, awe-inspiring 7-9 record notwithstanding. It's history in the making! Totally know where my allegiances are for that game.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
fUNC  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Favre will be fined "no more than $50,000" but won't be suspended for his, um, little mistake. I guess it's sort of beside the point now that he's all but officially retired, but less than 50k for somebody who got paid 10 million this season isn't even a slap on the wrist- it's more like a wag of the finger. I think I'm more surprised that they're bothering to fine him at all. Judging by the length of time it took her to cry foul and stories by old friends that she was laughing about it, this seemed like it would get brushed aside for people to snarl about anytime the guy's name came up.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this situation just seemed to drag on way too long, and felt silly. $50K is 1/200th of Brett Favre's salary; any damage in the relationship between him and his wife has to hurt way more than paying chump change to Goodell.

On a side note, the Cowboys sent more players(5) to the Pro Bowl than the entire NFC West combined(4). Um...well, I guess that's both a) overrating the Cowboys and b) showing how bad the NFC West is, I suppose. Jay Ratliff had an okay season, but Pro Bowl? Not even close. Andre Gurode...talk about a dumb choice LOL. Gurode's had quite a few issues botching snaps, and he's had a pretty awful season. Going off reputation eh? Witten, McBriar, and Ware I agree with completely, though. Even if Philly rests their starters(I imagine they would, they're locked in the 3rd seed now, and Vick got banged up), Kolb could still beat Dallas at the Linc. My confidence in Dallas's better play as of late got shot with that Arizona game. Stephen McGee played admirably filling in for Kitna, and he's in line to start...but Arizona's defense is also much softer than Philly's.

The Falcons-Saints game went as I thought it would, and even though the Falcons lost at home, I don't think it hurts them much. It hurts their pride, but not much else. Just a good, hard-fought game between the two best teams in the NFC(to me, anyway, after what Philly put up last night; Chicago's better than I gave 'em credit for, I just don't see a top 2 NFC team still). Those two always seem to have great games coming down to the wire.

Lastly, the now-Sunday night game only shows how silly this season is, when the most important game of the final week of the regular season is between two NFC West teams. Chicago-Green Bay and Tampa Bay-New Orleans are probably better games, but they don't have as big of a playoff implication. I hope St. Louis wins, simply so that Pete Carroll gets denied into the playoffs.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LCBetz wrote:
The Eagles played one of the worst games of football out of anyone all year.

Noooo they didn't <_____<

J-E-S-T JEST JEST JEST

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first three quarters of the Packers game made me want to jump off a bridge. Thank goodness McCarthy and the offense got their heads out of their asses for 15 minutes.

Also, I've been saying this since training camp, but Tim Masthay is fucking boss as fucking fuck.
goldengoal7  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
Also, I've been saying this since training camp, but Tim Masthay is fucking boss as fucking fuck.

Completely agree. He (and Sanchez's general incompetence) were the big reason the Pack shut out the Jets in October.
Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear god Kevin Kolb is one fucking awful QB.

Also, lol if the Seahawks win this game.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHARLIE WHITEHURST-LED SEATTLE SEAHAWKS.

2010 NFC WEST CHAMPIONS.

edit: Given the way this season has been going, who else thinks it's a Chiefs/Seahawks Super Bowl year?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2010 7-9, NFC West Champion, playoff game-hosting Seattle Seahawks
yamo5  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez, The Rams wide receivers picked a great game to drop all those passes. But it's whatever, the Rams can only get better. Also I don't like the Rams play calling at all, but I guess that is just me.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Shotkillakilla
Davers  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost want to see the Seahawks pull it off with a 7-9 record. lol That's so crazy that they won that division. Wait, no it isn't, it's the NFC West
LCBetz  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Seahawks had played in a respectable division, would they have finished better than 5-11? Or even 4-12? How many teams not in the NFC West could have won that division this year? 20? ... 25? This division is hilarious. The Saints are going to annihilate Seattle in Round 1.
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, Seattle is a VERY tough place to play, especially in January, for a dome team. The Seahawks will likely be getting their QB back too, that would give them some momentum, and the Saints just came off a loss...so I dunno. I wouldn't necessarily PICK Seattle but I certainly think they have a reasonable chance against the Saints.

Oh and hay-

MasterNobody, on page 58 about a month ago wrote:

NFC:
1. Falcons (14-2)
2. Bears (12-4)
3. Eagles (11-5)
4. Seahawks (8-8)
5. Saints (12-4)
6. Packers (10-6)

Banking on Seattle's maturity and home field advantage to give them the win in the inevitable Week 17 "Who wants to win the NFC West" game, and picking the Giants to fall apart and out of the playoffs, leaving room for the Packers, who I think can and will take down EITHER the Pats or Jets, but not both.

I did pretty good didn't I? The records are off, but I got the seedings AND my little editorial snippet spot-on, lol
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
Page 68 of 104

Jump to: