ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The NFL Thread- Playing the Waiting Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 102, 103, 104  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fUNC  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really too awesome for words. Seriously, I don't even care that we got annihilated by another division rival yesterday now that a team with a losing record is actually HOSTING a playoff game. The postseason this year is going to rock.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing how Joe McKnight played in the Bills game, I hope the Jets give him some carries in the playoffs, seeing as how LT is now out of gas and Greene can't have all the carries.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
louster200  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colts made it to the playoffs. 9 years in a row. Lets go for 10. Whoooooo.

goldengoal7  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
After seeing how Joe McKnight played in the Bills game, I hope the Jets give him some carries in the playoffs, seeing as how LT is now out of gas and Greene can't have all the carries.

While I agree, let's not get too carried away. I mean, we were playing the Bills
Josseppe95  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie Whitehurst is my new god. Like dear god, words cannot describe how much I love that man. <33

7-9 AND SUPER BOWL BOUND!
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldengoal7 wrote:
HellAshes wrote:

While I agree, let's not get too carried away. I mean, we were playing the Bills

yeah even i (a bills fan) think you shouldn't get too ahead of yourself with that one. we had the WORST running defense in the nfl, teams averaged around 160 yards on the ground against us or something like that. Truly terrible. Hopefully we can use the 3rd draft pick for good for once.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying he should get 20+ carries or anything. XD I'm just saying the Jets should use him for a few carries at least. He's definitely a very athletic player. I'm just praying LT can do more than 3 yards a rush like he has been doing the 2nd half. And what I'm hoping for more is that they're smart enough to know that Greene should be getting the bulk of the carries now. The Bears game was proof enough that LT gets way too many right now. LT 13 carries for 22 yards, and Greene had 12 for 70 yards. Yet, LT was the back for the last few drives of the game and as you know LT did nothing when he was handed the ball on those last few drives.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Davers  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what coaches were canned this year? I know there were quite a few. Del Rio was able to keep his job....for now. But no playoffs next year means a new coach for the Jags. I know Childress and Phillips bade goodbye (and good riddance) but my mind is drawing a complete blank right now as to the other coaches that got fired.

EDIT: Broncos coach McDaniels was another one. I was thinking there were more. Or does it all depend on how the playoffs go?
goldengoal7  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
So what coaches were canned this year? I know there were quite a few. Del Rio was able to keep his job....for now. But no playoffs next year means a new coach for the Jags. I know Childress and Phillips bade goodbye (and good riddance) but my mind is drawing a complete blank right now as to the other coaches that got fired.

EDIT: Broncos coach McDaniels was another one. I was thinking there were more. Or does it all depend on how the playoffs go?

McDaniels, Phillips, Singletary, Childress, Mangini thus far. It seems that Marvin Lewis and Del Rio will be keeping their jobs.
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Fox was also relieved of his duties as the Panthers' coach, after Sunday's game. Jeff Fisher and Tony Sparano both have uncertain futures, but there's not much of a clue what will happen with both of them. I'm very surprised Kubiak's keeping his job at Houston, and Lewis is probably keeping his in Cincy.

Jason Garrett is all but a lock to get the Cowboys' head coaching job. Hrm...I've been really adamant against him getting this position. I've thought he's made plenty of bonehead calls even as the OC. At the same time, it's hard to overlook that the Cowboys finished 7th in scoring offense, and were 3rd in scoring offense since Garrett took over. Aside from the Cardinals game(Marion Barber removed his helmet after a TD), the stupid penalties had stopped. He also got some discipline into the team, and they played like a decent team in the second half as a result. I also can't blame him for Dallas's defense playing so awful this season, because they played awful ALL season, regardless of who was coaching. Garrett's not a defensive coach, so I can't blame him for that.

Yet at the same time...8 of the 10 Cowboys' losses were by one possession. Garrett's dumb play calling in 2 minute drills fucked over Dallas in almost every close game. 11 of the Cowboys' games this season were decided by 7 points or fewer...which means they only won 3 close games. He's also partly to blame for Dallas's early season struggles. I know Wade Phillips didn't put a spine in the team, didn't motivate them, didn't discipline them, and he's the biggest reason Dallas sucked the first half of the season. However, it's not like Garrett should get off scot-free, which is why I'm not sure how to feel on this yet.

At the very least, they need a good defensive coordinator. I wish Wade could have grown a pair and disciplined his team, because I liked him as a defensive coordinator. When we had a DC who could coach, Dallas's D is one of the best in the NFL. When we don't have a good DC, they're a total joke. My reason?

Last season, with a good DC: 15.6 PPG allowed, 2nd BEST in the NFL. 9th in total D, 4th in rush D. 20th in pass D...but the safety position was the weakest spot on Dallas's D both seasons.

This season, with an undisciplined team and no good DC for half the season: 27.3 PPG allowed, 2nd WORST in the NFL. 23rd in total D, 26th in pass D, 12th in rush D.

The lone change amongst the starters from last season to this season was Alan Ball replacing Ken Hamlin at safety. He's definitely not why the difference is so massive. Someone please come in, coach this defense, straighten them out, and light a fire under their ass.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
fUNC  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Al Davis has finally figured out how to fix the Cable. As an AFC West foe, this makes me very, very happy.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my fancy playoff bracket:

I really hope the Seahawks beat the Saints, I mean, they have a chance at least, right? The Saints did lose to the Cardinals and Browns
EmoArbiter  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really think the Ravens are gonna beat the Pats?

Anyway I don't have a nice pretty picture, but I'm thinking this:

AFC
Colts > Jets
Ravens > Chiefs

Steelers > Colts
Patriots > Ravens

Patriots > Steelers

NFC
Saints > Seahawks
Packers > Eagles

Falcons > Packers
Bears > Saints

Bears > Falcons

Super Bowl XLV
Patriots defeat Bears 24-17

NFC Championship was the hardest to predict, but I had to go with the Bears. They're the #2 seed for a reason, and if Jay Cutler can pull his crap together for the playoffs, they're a dangerous team

My accomplishments|Season 11 GHM Division 2 Winner
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Emo Arbiter Wii Friend Code: 2162307103708276

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emo: The reasoning for the unusual bracket, is because this is in a contest, and I figure that if I use the ol' regular, boring picks, I'm probably going to be stuck with the rest of the pack. With that being said, if I see a matchup I think has a fairly decent chance of happening, I'm taking it in that contest.

The Ravens played the Pats well in Foxborough in Week 6; they led by 10 points in the 4th quarter, but blew the lead and lost in OT. I think the Ravens can put up a good fight against the Pats, especially since they already did this season on the road.

I'm not even certain the Ravens will get passed the Chiefs, though, but I'm taking them because I still can't trust the Chiefs.
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There we go. Watch me be completely wrong.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
Page 69 of 104

Jump to: