ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DJ Hero 2 Constructive Criticism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NMC2008  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little late to the party here but I have owned DJ Hero since launch day and I am just now finding out that they removed single player DJ Battle, which means that those 17 mixes in the DJ Battle section cannot be played unless you play online or have a second deck.

So there are about 15 songs I am locked out of because I like to play single player? Wow....... I am pretty speechless on that decision simply because they are forcing you to either buy another turntable or pay for Xbox Live Gold and play online(which is why I stopped paying for Gold, I don't like playing with others) in order to play every mix in the game, that's bullshit FSG.

I mean what reason could they possibly have had to remove that feature from the retail game? This is Guitar Hero 3 all over again with the Co-Op only songs, but at least those were unlockable through a code.

My like for the game went down a whole 20% because of this crap.
Minjachaunurai  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just go back into Empire mode to practice those man. :]
NMC2008  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They aren't in Empire Mode, they are exclusive to DJ Battle Mode.
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NMC2008 wrote:
Correction: SOME are not in Empire Mode, but there are others that do appear in Empire Mode.

I can't honestly say i feel your pain because i got the Party Bundle, and i also have a PS3 (free online), but yeah it does suck that you NEED multiplayer to play the DJ Battle mixes, something that they actually did that i was surprised they didn't implement this from their DEMO to the actual game was a "Single Player DJ Battle" mode...

In the DJH2 demo, you could actually play against a computer on the "Bounce (Beat Juggle)" mix, which i thought was a nice touch to those who did not have a second controller....

...and then the game came out, and there was a lot of disappointment over how many players wanted to play the DJB mixes, but had no other means of playing them other than playing the mixes online.

Hopefully they create some sort of "Practice Mode" or a "SP DJ Battle Mode" for the next game/new patch?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxninja114 wrote:
NMC2008 wrote:
Correction: SOME are not in Empire Mode, but there are others that do appear in Empire Mode.

I can't honestly say i feel your pain because i got the Party Bundle, and i also have a PS3 (free online), but yeah it does suck that you NEED multiplayer to play the DJ Battle mixes, something that they actually did that i was surprised they didn't implement this from their DEMO to the actual game was a "Single Player DJ Battle" mode...

In the DJH2 demo, you could actually play against a computer on the "Bounce (Beat Juggle)" mix, which i thought was a nice touch to those who did not have a second controller....

...and then the game came out, and there was a lot of disappointment over how many players wanted to play the DJB mixes, but had no other means of playing them other than playing the mixes online.

Hopefully they create some sort of "Practice Mode" or a "SP DJ Battle Mode" for the next game/new patch?

The only "special DJ Mixes" that are in empire mode are(IIRC) Super Battle Breaks & War vs Waters of Nazereth, the others are brand new unheard exclusive DJ Battle mixes.

Thing is, I wasn't really into DJ Battles when I first started playing DJ Hero 2 because while I thought I was doing better than the AI in some sections I would be the loser of that section and just wonder WTF happened, I guess I don't get DJ Battle scoring or whatever, I just thought it was a "don't miss a beat and you'll be fine".

Anywho, I really do hope they put Single Player DJ Battle back in through a patch or release those tracks outside of DJ Battle, I am not sure why they're exclusive to that mode anyway, I mean are these specific mixes any different than the other mixes in the Character Battles in EPM that are also in QPM? I seriously doubt it, I guess FSG wanted people to have an extra bit of motivation to play together or whatever, but that's not how to do it.

Anyway, I still adore this game and the series and look forward to anything that comes out of the series, but this is the only bump in the road I have had with the series, so that's good, this game is my number 2 on my personal GOTY 2010 list, beating out GHWOR by one spot, so yeah, I love this game.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I have to say that I love this game. I didn't think it was possible to make DJ Hero harder but with the sustains, freestyle crossfading and scratching, there's so much to do that I'll never get bored playing any song, even the "easy" songs.

I honestly haven't played the game long enough to have any complaints, but as usual I love the mixes so far. I can't wait to beat it this weekend. Then maybe I'll have a more constructive post. But for now, 10/10. My biggest issue with the last game was the completely horrendous menu set-up and that has been more than fixed.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: