ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero is dead? (No more DLC, no game in 2011)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EfJay  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't hold my breath for another Guitar Hero...
With 500 people losing their jobs, you gotta hope they were serious about ending it.
Deedooh  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys!

Veteran (since GH1 on ps2) and expert guitarrist/drummer here.

This is a sad day indeed. Somehow I could see it coming, and I think I can outline some reasons aswell.

Was it the "oversaturation of releases"? I don't think so.

I think the number one reason was the release strategy of GHWT (which to me, at this day strangly enough stands out as the overall best "band"-game in the GH­-genre to this day(!)). Neversoft knew at the time that they had a million of guitarrist fans, and yet, they still released a game full of "mellow" songs suitable for band play. Was this a smart descision? I don't think so.

And we know the outburst amongst the fans on GHWT.

I would rather have seen a strategy where the drums and singing would have become slowly "adapted" into Guitar Hero via their own solo games like a "Drum Hero" and "Sing Hero", later followed by a Rock Band competitor in "Band Hero" unifying all instruments.

If Neversoft would have gone this path, they could have both kept the large early steamroller fanbase by giving them a guitar oriented GH4 while slowly learnt them drums and vocals by those two other games, which ofcourse both would have had excellent songs, carrer & online modes for respective instrument as well.

Still, things become what they become.

In these later releases since GHWT I've noticed a demise of players online, and I think part the reason for this is the difference in grafical interface of online modes. I experienced it myself, and I talked to numerous players online feeling the same; they can't hit notes in online modes even half as good as they can playing solo. Why? Again - the interface changes since GH5, with the "scaled down" solo mode fretboard really seems to cripple play. Try GHWT, things are a mile better, and this is with a seperate layout for online play (as was with GH3). Somehow it seems Neversoft focused on graphical resulotion & effects improvements at a cost of functionally working things. And I even sense there's a change in the timing windows between solo (full screen singe fretboard) and online muliple fretboard play. Why Neversoft?

Well, that's my 2c (for now).

Last edited by Deedooh on Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EfJay wrote:
With 500 people losing their jobs, you gotta hope they were serious about ending it.

Yeah that's really sad to hear, which is why I would imagine there not being a new one under Activision ever again.
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deedooh wrote:
In these later releases since GHWT I've noticed a demise of players online, and I think part the reason for this is the difference in grafical interface of online modes. I experienced it myself, and I talked to numerous players online feeling the same; they can't hit notes in online modes even half as good as they can playing solo. Why? Again - the interface changes since GH5, with the "scaled down" solo mode fretboard really seems to cripple play. Try GHWT, things are a mile better, and this is with a seperate layout for online play (as was with GH3). Somehow it seems Neversoft focused on graphical resulotion & effects improvements at a cost of functionally working things. And I even sense there's a change in the timing windows between solo (full screen singe fretboard) and online muliple fretboard play. Why Neversoft?

I'm going to disagree with you here, as I find it's the opposite. Pre-GH5, GH was *much* more difficult to play multiplayer, with the ludicrously shortened fretboard.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: [why is this so hard]

stuff i''ve done, it''s been updated now which is weird
Deedooh  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tagrineth wrote:
Deedooh wrote:

I'm going to disagree with you here, as I find it's the opposite. Pre-GH5, GH was *much* more difficult to play multiplayer, with the ludicrously shortened fretboard.

Which game did you start with, and what hs are you using in GHWT online and for example GH5 online?
Robbert  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tagrineth wrote:
Deedooh wrote:

I have to agree with Tagrineth: the scaled down fretboard is much better than the shortened one, simply because it allows me to play the game in the way I like without any compromise.
For pre-GH5 I always pick HS2 for multiplayer, but it's never as comfortable as solo HS5 is.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: UpgradePolecat
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EfJay wrote:

The worst thing is I bet you charted so many songs past February that we will never see.
Yveul  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
The worst thing is I bet you charted so many songs past February that we will never see.

They kinda unleashed the fury with some uncensored shit and some wtfesque charting. I'm pretty sure they knew that the Manson pack (Because it was probably meant to be a its own pack at first) was going to be the last they will produce.

And well, if Guitar Hero makes a come back one day, I'll pray hard you guys at Beenox to develop it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Eyce  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
EfJay wrote:

I'd be inclined to say the axing of Guitar Hero is the reason why we got these monthly megapacks.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yveul wrote:
toymachine wrote:

And well, if Guitar Hero makes a come back one day, I'll pray hard you guys at Beenox to develop it.

this this and this. Beenox proved they could make a game in a ridiculous shortened time and chart weekly (or monthly) DLC.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:

I can't confirm nor deny this... if you see what I mean...

Yveul wrote:

They kinda unleashed the fury with some uncensored shit and some wtfesque charting. I'm pretty sure they knew that the Manson pack (Because it was probably meant to be a its own pack at first) was going to be the last they will produce.

Actually one minute we had a job, the next one, we didn't...

I might be wrong, but I'd say don't count on Beenox to work on a future Guitar Hero resurrection, the team has been decimated, there's simply no one left from the notetrackers team.
NSiYusuke  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EfJay wrote:
I can't confirm nor deny this... if you see what I mean...

=( We'll never have the badass Beenox logo solo thing as a playable song... Sadface. I didn't play many new GH games, but from what I heard you guys were doing a pretty good job at handling the DLC, so this is sad news indeed. I hope everyone over there is doing alright. Were the Note-trackers from other sectors in Beenox, or did you guys hire more people once you got the GH Job?

Either way, well wishes from me to the folks whom were laid off due to GH's untimely death.

RIP RBN
Yveul  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EfJay wrote:

I might be wrong, but I'd say don't count on Beenox to work on a future Guitar Hero resurrection, the team has been decimated, there's simply no one left from the notetrackers team.

That's so fucking sad. Greatest Hits is still in my top 3, not only for its tracklist, but also for it's brilliant charting, awesome venues overall and all the little touches that made it such an enjoyable game. You made a Guitar Hero the way it should be.

I hope you guys will find some other job really soon. You seem to involve yourself in a project with a lot of heart, and I feel like this is something we're losing more and more in the mass video game industry.

I also hope we'll have someday an opportunity to know what songs has ever been projected to be as DLC, with the ones that was meant to be in WoR disc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TheAnimeCow  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
toymachine wrote:
http://theherofeed.com/2400/guitar-hero-scheduled-for-reunion-tour-in-2012/

Wow, this is good news. Wonder how many of us will stay around here for it though

Because yanow, once you leave scorehero for awhile due to game drought, you obviously can never ever come back under any circumstances.

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: moomandw
TheAnimeCow  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yveul wrote:
EfJay wrote:

That's so fucking sad. Greatest Hits is still in my top 3, not only for its tracklist, but also for it's brilliant charting, awesome venues overall and all the little touches that made it such an enjoyable game. You made a Guitar Hero the way it should be.

I hope you guys will find some other job really soon. You seem to involve yourself in a project with a lot of heart, and I feel like this is something we're losing more and more in the mass video game industry.

I also hope we'll have someday an opportunity to know what songs has ever been projected to be as DLC, with the ones that was meant to be in WoR disc.

One day, perhaps a document will pop up with some of that info. I would certainly hope so, as I would love to know what Activision screwed us all out of.

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: moomandw
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 19 of 27

Jump to: