Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bands you've seen live
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the Bonnaroo reaction to Opeth?
hiddenzombie013  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
What was the Bonnaroo reaction to Opeth?

Opeth was solid, for sure, although maybe a tad underwhelming. They definitely had a good amount of fans show up. Take my opinion with a grain of salt though, as I'm not very familiar with much of their material (I own Blackwater Park and literally haven't heard any of their other songs), and I didn't stay for the whole set (had other bands to see). Their fans seemed to enjoy it a lot though. Also to consider, I had a friend who stayed for their whole set, and had never heard ANY of their songs before (he only had heard good things about them), and he doesn't really listen to progressive metal, and he thought they were awesome. If you're a fan of the band though, I would just check them out on their upcoming tour, which seems to be hitting venues in many cities (including House of Blues Orlando, which is only about an hour and a half away for me). Check 'em out here.

As for what I thought of the other bands, I posted all my thoughts in the usic Festival thread, so go check that out.
Pick up on some DLC I missed [ ]
5* + 250-streak on Llama Pro Drums [X]
Finish all Drums/Pro Drums goals [ ]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: hiddenzombie013 PSN Name: hiddenzombie013
augthebomb  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow I'm seeing Fitz and the Tantrums and Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. Don't know if you guys have heard of 'em, they're pretty good, especially Fitz.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Kamen Islands
xboxpro57  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing Jimmy Buffett tomorrow in Camden Anybody else gonna be there?

augthebomb  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xboxpro57 wrote:
Seeing Jimmy Buffett tomorrow in Camden Anybody else gonna be there?

I'm seeing him in Detroit later this year. One of the best artists of all time. I recently read his auto-biography "A Pirate Looks at Fifty," it was actually very well written.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Kamen Islands
vosnos  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Arcade Fire a couple weeks ago in Charlottesville, VA. They were awesome as always.

VISIT MY ACC. THREAD! | MY BANNERS | I LIKE SHOES

Desertman123  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound Tribe Sector 9. omgomgomgomgomgomgomg. Last Summerfest I did. This year I'm seeing Rise Against.
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
stinkdog2007  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updating my list:

AC/DC - Awesome
Airbourne - Eh
The Answer - Eh
Attika7 - Lame. Too Reptitive. Every song, specifically solo, sounded the same
Avenged Sevenfold - Greatest fucking band in the entire world. Holy Shit.
Disturbed - Boring as hell. Maybe it wasn't their fault since they had to follow up after A7X, but when 3/4 of the crowd leaves after A7X...
Hail the Villain - My second favorite band ever now. The lead singer put on a fucking show. They were so awesome. Glad I found them!
Halestorm - Didn't like them until I saw them live. Damn, they put on a hell of a show. Amazing live. Lzzy has an amazing voice!
Hell Yeah - Meh
New Medicine - Meh
Stone Sour - They sounded good live, but not a fan of them
Between the Buried and Me - One of the best bands I have seen live. So perfect live, from the start to the end, they were amazing. Blake and Tommy are out of this world.
Celphalic Carnage - I did not like them at all. Their songs were annoying, along with the singer..
Job For a Cowboy - John Rice is insane.. They were pretty good live

I'm going to Uproar this year, so I'll be seeing the following bands
Avenged Sevenfold - Seen before. Greatest band ever.
Three Days Grace - Don't care for.
Seether - Don't care for.
Bullet for my Valentine - Pretty cool band, I like a few of their songs.
Escape The Fate - I like one of their songs, but I don't really like this band...maybe they can change my mind at uproar.
Sevendust - Never heard of them.
Black Tide - I only heard of this band through Rock Band and I like shockwave and warriors of time, but the singer's voice changed since he hit puberty I think..His voice is deeper and I don't like it anymore.
Art of Dying - Don't care for.
The Black Cloud Collective - Don't care for.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Bury Tomorrow tonight, was fucking awesome. Got Danis towel, a drumstick, and got on stage for these woods arent safe for us. Sick night.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got back home from seeing Peter Frampton, he's doing a 35th anniversary tour of Frampton Comes Alive, doing the album in full and in order from first track to last, plus lots of other great stuff and amazing covers of "black hole sun" and "while my guitar gently weeps". the dude still fuckin kills it and was a 3 hour set with a 20 minute intermission, it blew my mind how great he was.

also going to be seeing bright eyes with the mountain goats opening the show at the end of the month, have 13th row tickets right in the middle I can't wait.

RustyWaffle  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkdog2007 wrote:

Escape The Fate - I like one of their songs, but I don't really like this band...maybe they can change my mind at uproar.
Black Tide - I only heard of this band through Rock Band and I like shockwave and warriors of time, but the singer's voice changed since he hit puberty I think..His voice is deeper and I don't like it anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBfTk6Unddk You've probably heard this song before by Sevendust.

Also, I'm going to Warped Tour this year. I'm mostly excited for Less Thank Jake and The Word Alive, as well as most of the hardcore bands. I really wish they would have more deathcore than metalcore/screamo though. All metalcore bands sound nearly the same and it's nice to hear a singer who isn't some whiny 30-year old trying to sound like he's a whiny 17-year old

My Drum Covers (Most recent: Muse - Stockholm Syndrome)
ShadoWolf wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Everyone hates Nihilanth. I enjoyed making that guitar chart. D:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker
Davesterio  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woe, Is Me
The Devil Wears Prada
A Day to Remember
Of Mice & Men
Sleeping With Sirens
I Am Abomination
August Burns Red
Enter Shikari
Chiodos
Saosin
Escape The Fate
Underoath
I Set My Friends On Fire
Verea
Gallows
Silverstien

So many more but I really cant remember
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkdog2007 wrote:
Celphalic Carnage - I did not like them at all. Their songs were annoying, along with the singer..

didnt know they were still touring. saw them like 7 times through 2000-2004. these guys are a blast to see live but since Josh left in 2007, its a bit different. i do admit its not for everybody.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkdog2007 wrote:

Saw Sevendust at Carnival of Madness last year, they are one of the bigger reasons I want to go to Uproar this year. Damn good live show.

Going to Mayhem Fest beginning of august and seeing 10 Years for the second time at the end of the month. Also probably going to see Jason Aldean in September, musical diversity ftw.
stinkdog2007  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RustyWaffle wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBfTk6Unddk You've probably heard this song before by Sevendust.

Honestly haven't heard of that song...It doesn't sound familiar at all.

Cabanon wrote:
didnt know they were still touring. saw them like 7 times through 2000-2004. these guys are a blast to see live but since Josh left in 2007, its a bit different. i do admit its not for everybody.

Definitely not for me. Their songs were so random... I didn't find anything about them funny. Their drummer was pretty good though...

slfan68 wrote:

Saw Sevendust at Carnival of Madness last year, they are one of the bigger reasons I want to go to Uproar this year. Damn good live show.

Unfortunately, they are going to be on the side stage and I am going straight to waiting in line for the main stage so I can get front row for A7X. My brother saw them on tour before and he said they were alright, but he doesn't listen to them, so maybe they performed well but it wasn't his type of music?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 44 of 55

Jump to: